Crowd Number for the game?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
looked like 14K on the TV

(my excuse is im working in a different country, hopefully that is good enough)

So, you have to travel a little further. Then leave earlier.

What's more worrying for the NRL is the numbers at the Riff.Wests game. Surely Smith should force the Tigers to adopt the West as their real identity. Balmain has come and gone. Make the Tigers base themselves out their as Western suburbs Tigers and force them to train and play out of Cambottown. Then they may gain a following that will attend the game out there.

Fluffy said:

Looked like more at the ground too
Are we fudging numbers the other way ?

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Fluffy said:

Looked like more at the ground too
Are we fudging numbers the other way ?

Yep. It's called staying under the radar. ;)

We had this 'fudging the crowd' number debate last year. I always thought the official numbers looked low, but we have been assured they are accurate. If there were just 12,200 three then I can't see how we'll fit on a further 8,000 to reach the new 20,000 ground capacity.

On a positive, Brookie looked great. The new stand looked good and there were plenty of 'corporates' eating and drinking. Again, I maintain, Brookie is a fantastic ground to watch rugby league.

The Who said:
We had this 'fudging the crowd' number debate last year. I always thought the official numbers looked low, but we have been assured they are accurate. If there were just 12,200 three then I can't see how we'll fit on a further 8,000 to reach the new 20,000 ground capacity.

On a positive, Brookie looked great. The new stand looked good and there were plenty of 'corporates' eating and drinking. Again, I maintain, Brookie is a fantastic ground to watch rugby league.

I agree with all this. I thought it was around the 16,000 mark. The corporate area looked fantastic and there was plenty of activity going on inside to suggest there was some money made by the club. I was at the game a couple of years ago against Souths where there was around 19,000, it was certainly more full than last night but I certainly wouldn't say there were 50% more people.

Definitely no more than the 12,000 odd we announced.

Plenty of room on the family hill, seats empty in the stands and more people sitting on the hill all indicate the crowd was nowhere near 14k. Sorry folks!

Well I have taken annual leave to come down from brissy to watch the rabbits game. Rest assured we have 1 person attending that game ;-)

It was good to see the new corporate area in the Jane Try stand packed for the first time - not bad considering it was due to open nearly 12 months ago.

I thought it looked like there were about 14K there but I guess that was wrong. There was certainly plenty of atmosphere.

People who were sitting on the Eastern Hill between the two 30m lines weren't squashed together like they usually are sometimes, often an indication if people are quite close together, crowd is around 15-17,000 and if people are basically sitting on top of each other, and there are heaps of people standing on the hill its usually 18-20,000

lsz said:
6:30 is great without kids - just too late to take my boy (next time we are getting a baby sitter...)

Good point Isz. I took my kids aged 9 & 7 along & while they loved it they struggled to get out of bed on Monday morning lol.

Jatz Crackers said:
Duff said:

You do realise that for us in Qld that means an extra 1 hour + a decade.

I'm heading up to Qld tomorrow. I'd best remember to set my calendars back.

Duff said:
Jatz Crackers said:
Duff said:

You do realise that for us in Qld that means an extra 1 hour + a decade.

I'm heading up to Qld tomorrow. I'd best remember to set my calendars back.

Fashion here indicates we're in the late 70s up here. I'll get back to you when I can nail the exact year.

I always think that they post low figures, but it really should have been higher, there were few excuses as it was a lovely day that day.

How many will we get to Bluetongue on Thursday night?? I think it will be smaller than we usually get up there due to the bad timing with the Easter Break.

I would say 14 or 15K would be a good result.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2