Crowd at Brookie for this Saturday

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I am so excited for this atmosphere!!! Like I have said elsewhere, I was only 11 when the OG 'Battle of Brookvale' occurred, so 19 year old me is gonna soak up this packed house sooo much more!

Hope people get there early so there isn't too much congestion at the gates that means people miss the first 10-15 mins of the game!

There's a way to fix that - Put a game on beforehand, they used to put two on in the old days.

People that get there 10 mins before kick-off are the footy equivalent of the Darwin awards contestants ......

I'm with ya there @Woodsie, another thing that peeves me.

Like we get there early to stake our claim, then some numbnuts turn up just before kickoff and decide that the space we've occupied for the past few hours looks just right for them and how come those bastards always seem to be over six foot tall and half cut?

I live in a small sleepy seaside hamlet somewhere on the North Coast .... and have been told by 3 seperate people (8 all told) that they are travelling down to the game and have pre bought tickets .... make no mistake .. the faithful Manly fans are travelling from far and wide ..... it will be a bumber crowd ....

The North Coast has some amazing places to live and holiday to. Your small peaceful seaside spot sounds like a gem

Both the South and North Coast are lovely places . The country side is nice too but I find the sea side most inspirational

I would like to retire some where on the sea side

You never know Woodsey one day we could be neighbours !

Its a small world and stranger things have happened

large.jpg

16.5K Rain is forecast and you never really see capacity crowds anymore which is such a shame. This game deserves a crowd of 20K plus!

The weather will be good (not rain). BOM is changing the forecast all of the time. Now possible showers in the morning. It will be a Sunny forecast for Saturday midday soon !

Saturday 31 August
Summary
light-showers.png

Min 11
Max 19
Possible morning shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 5 mm
Sydney area
Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely in the morning. Winds south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

Last edited:
The weather will be good. BOM is changing forecast all of the time. Now possible showers in the morning. It will be a Sunny forecast for Saturday midday soon !

Saturday 31 August
Summary
light-showers.png

Min 11
Max 19
Possible morning shower.
Possible rainfall: 0 to 5 mm
Sydney area
Partly cloudy. Slight (30%) chance of a shower, most likely in the morning. Winds south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h becoming light during the morning.

Great news hope it continues to improve

I live in a small sleepy seaside hamlet somewhere on the North Coast .... and have been told by 3 seperate people (8 all told) that they are travelling down to the game and have pre bought tickets .... make no mistake .. the faithful Manly fans are travelling from far and wide ..... it will be a bumber crowd ....
I've got a mate(stuffs supporter but still a top bloke) who was on a cruise and got talking to a couple of sydneysiders. he asked one who he supported and he said panthers - this was a few years back when they were crap! after giving it to him long enough to piss him off his attention turned to the other bloke. who do you support? manly was the reply.
bulls#!t,
no way,
you're full of it,
he said
why said the top bloke
because manly supporters don't travel!
they are still mates to this day

Woodsie,
3 separate people
8 all told???
This sleepy hamlet wouldn't be Nimbin by any chance?

I wonder what time the dkheads who run the security at Brookie will open up the gates near the BBQ area, on the route from the Leagues Club?

Im tipping it won't be early enough to use that entry to watch the earlier game, and I really "enjoy" the extra few hundred metres to circumnavigate the Oval.

Despite all the issues at Brookie, this one is my pet hate.

I wonder what time the dkheads who run the security at Brookie will open up the gates near the BBQ area, on the route from the Leagues Club?

Im tipping it won't be early enough to use that entry to watch the earlier game, and I really "enjoy" the extra few hundred metres to circumnavigate the Oval.

Despite all the issues at Brookie, this one is my pet hate.

All gates will be opening at 4:00pm

We need a picnic blanket exclusion zone on the hill. 2 people taking up the space of 6 is fine when we are getting less than 12k. Games like this there should be no blankets between the 30m lines.

Totally agree with this one. What peeves me is when people try and right up the back of the hill and then complain people are standing around them, especially when its packed like it will be on Saturday.

Things are looking good according to this Herald article tonight:

“Corporate hospitality is sold out, reserved seating has been exhausted and the 2000 general admission tickets available are selling fast.”

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 3 5 -55 8