Crowd and Queues

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I thought 16 K was a good crowd for an out of town team on a wet and threatening Sunday, with an early start.

I did notice though that there were massive queues out the front at 1.50 pm and I reckon at least a thousond people missed the kickoff. It may have been the early start that got people.

Two things:

Why a 2 pm start???

How come Manly are so poor at getting people in the gate. The ticket sales were snail like.

My pet gripe is that Concession prices (used for students older than 16 last season and for the first game) were not available. $25 is a lot for a full time student.

Isn't the the times games start usually controlled by foxtel?

Might have had something to do with showing the game in NZ?

The 2pm timeslot is purely for Foxtel as they get to show 1 live Sunday game. The other Sunday game is at 3pm for the 9 replay.
When I as waiting for my son to run on the field, I heard Zorba saying that there were big queues at the gates as people probably thought it was a 3pm game! We just waltzed in at 1:15 and were met by The Wheel & his petition.
It has become an expensive day at the footy - 3 kids, 2 adults & some beverages = not much change from $100. Bit rich having to pay from 4 years old - should be 5!
Mind you, it was a great day & one that we won't forget in a hurry :dance:

saw you out there early on im pretty sure with the little fella there. hope he enjoyed it.

As for ticket sales, its a tough one until we get some upgrades. For me its quicker than newcastle and theyve had $20 mill thrown their way

the queue to buy tickets was massive. i rocked up a half hour before kick off and from the front gates, the queue went all the way to the street.

i got lucky and called a mate who was just buying his when i got there, but from what i heard, people were still in the queue until 20 mins after kick off.

due to the poor weather all weekend, i think alot of people were waiting to see what the weather was like on the day rather than buy tickets before the match.

i normally buy the tickets a few days before the match, this reminded me why i do that!

Why dont they employ one or 2 people to stand near the queues and sell tickets also. This happens during major events down here at places like railway stations and works well.

I would suggest to anyone that they should purchase their tickets through Tiketek. It's cheaper, 93 bucks for four adults, and there's no hassle at the gate. I think all kids under 10 should get in free, likewise a five dollar discount for footie club members.

Why dont they employ one or 2 people to stand near the queues and sell tickets also. This happens during major events down here at places like railway stations and works well.

Yeah, that's the sensible option, particularly if they're glamours.

However, in previous years it was always a mad scramble on MSE to get the usual flanellette band o do it. I don't understand why the $200 or so it would cost to emply 4 blond bimbos to do this job is too much to ask.

Myself and my three beautiful daughters would do it for a free get in, therefore saving me $100.00.

i reckon it was like a nightclub tactic, even though there was room inside keep a good length que so it looked popular! soon everyone will want to be seen there!

i reckon it was like a nightclub tactic, even though there was room inside keep a good length que so it looked popular! soon everyone will want to be seen there!

It is funny that one game the lights go out and the next a couple of ticket windows go down and some fans miss the first 20 minutes of the game.

Seems like tactics to ensure people start complaining about the facilities at Brookie and demand that they be fixed?

The planes were flown into the twin towers by remote control.

And the Jane Try grandstand is about to be condemned and our games will be relocated to Bluetongue Stadium.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4