Cronulla Fans post game

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
did anyone happen to see the cronulla fans after the game on the hill. A massive group of them broke down a big metal fence, threw punches at cops and in the end about 20cop cars were racing down there trying to control them .. it seems the cronulla fans just go to the game to start trouble and get drunk. Most of them dont even watch the game !! they just scream gallens name every few minutes, but i really didnt mind in the end :)

greekeagle said:
did anyone happen to see the cronulla fans after the game on the hill. A massive group of them broke down a big metal fence, threw punches at cops and in the end about 20cop cars were racing down there trying to control them .. it seems the cronulla fans just go to the game to start trouble and get drunk. Most of them dont even watch the game !! they just scream gallens name every few minutes, but i really didnt mind in the end :)

Wow really? Crikey glad I wasn't down at Shark Park, didn't think it was safe. Went to my mate's place to see the game from there. Though he is an Eels fan and I've yet to talk to him about today's game...hehe

As for the ever sad Sharkies fans, tbh they seem quite well behaved whenever they come to Brookie or play at ANZ. They are nothing l9ike Bulldog, Knights or Rabbitoh fans.

Did they have their Southern Cross tatts on show ? National Action, Oi ! Oi !

It was hilarious to watch the crowd during Oldfields last try.

I recorded it on MyStar HD and me and a mate watched it in slow motion a few times and watched the crowd. Truly one of the funniest things I have seen in a while. You see them go from joy to suicidal in seconds with the odd Manly fan jumping up and down in the middle of them.

brilliant TV

It was great for us, but you have to feel for their fans (not the dickheads that caused the trouble as reported above). It was a tough game to lose, and you can imagine their disappointment.

Although... they should be pretty well hardened towards disappointment, in fact you would think they are almost immune to it!

I went out to "Shark Park In The Dark" last night with some mates. We were standing up in the South Western corner. We noticed throughout the game and at the end that there was trouble up on that hill opposite us. We had some "feral" Sharks fans behind us. With 5 minutes to go , they were so vocal and abusive towards the Manly players , it was startting to get to me. I glared at a couple of them. Then when Oldfield scored the match winner , a few of us were jumping around so much that you could have thrown your washing in. Immediately I looked around towards these Sharks fans ( but they were gone ). Winners are grinners , losers can please themselves. Was keen for a couple of beers at the game , but the 20-30 minute queue time but an end to that. Shark Park - dreadful place. I wont' be returning there ( for 12 months ).

From reading the Sharks forum they are gutted - absolutely gutted. It was a game they should never have lost; a game where Des even said the football gods were shining upon us. To play better and more consistent football than us, and drop the ball in the last fifteen odd minutes - literally, they would be severely depressed. And what is worse for them... it was Manly who did it to them.
To Manly's credit they hung in there, and there is a new resolve with the team this year; they play to the end. No matter how bad the game is, or was, they will not give up. And more than anything else, I admire this quality about them.
There will be the usual suspects that get a roasting from the fans for seemingly poor unattractive efforts like last night, but you need a united team to have a certain spirit and will about them to fight back continually. This team of Manly spartans is growing in confidence of their ability that anything is possible... and this is good.

how bad was the lineups, hot chips were being cooked as they were ordered, lady pours out a cooked batch and 3 small containers later yells out "need more chips" great for 50 people, not 15000 :dodgy:lol My hot dog fell apart, not bad for 4.50 lol

Shocking food and no service people

Darren said:
how bad was the lineups, hot chips were being cooked as they were ordered, lady pours out a cooked batch and 3 small containers later yells out "need more chips" great for 50 people, not 15000 :dodgy:lol My hot dog fell apart, not bad for 4.50 lol

Shocking food and no service people

Maybe that is why Lowey was looking so bad :p

Hate Shark Park my car got broken into last time I was there about 5 yers ago - the place sucks and I lived at Carringbah to be close to work and only lasted 9 months and moved back to the Northern Beaches.

Must admit that mugging off those two hats at the end of the game was the highlight of my night.

Big shout outs to our bald mouthy friend who stood with us in the corner & gave it to us all night only to go quiet as soon as we scored our second.

Also big props to the toothless guy on the opposite side of the corner to us who also lost his voice & quickly disappeared as Oldfield broke away.

Hope they all remember they're just a slum south of Sydney!

We had a meal before we went but as the kids like to do a "critics call" on the chips and gravy at each away game during the season we planned to go to Sharkies when we got there.

As we got close, the queue for parking was a farce - Kiero suggested we get out of the car and make our own way in to make the KO and meet him in there so we got out quick sharp

So, no Sharkies Club but once in the ground I was hustled by the kids for cash for food and beverage and of course complied

Aha! - They came back 3 times with a refund telling me if wasn't worth the wait (and this from kids that are "eat anything from anywhere as long as Dad is paying" AND they know their way (Can cut) around footy queues!)

I had the vending bag so luckily there was enough to keep us and them going "in-ground" until we got back to the "Mother ship" (the Kiero mobile) and the esky

We tried the beer queue a few times and it was stupid long so gave it a miss.

No wonder they are skint

Yes it's a ****hole & there were far queues for everything. I was starving by the end of the game but give me that ground with it's piddly hill over the stadiums any day. You're free to wander around, talk to people, check to see if the beer or food lines are at an acceptable length (which they never were) & all without having to take your eyes off the game. Better than Gosford.

Slum south of Sydney!

Their big screen always seems to be crocked when we go there as well. IIRC it wasn't working for the 2009 trial down there either. Despite only having half a working screen it still manages to be better than Parra's effort.

Shark Park is a decent suburban ground though TBH (If you overlook that it's in the Shire). Their catering is normally pretty good so not sure what the problem was last night. Not normal for the VidKids not to make out with a swag of food at all.

We are the Manly boys....
We had a win today
We are the team you know of..
We showed 'em how to play
No matter we we be, Maroon & white we'll see
Oh Aren't we a credit to our community...

Shark shame as night turns sour

Dean Ritchie From: The Daily Telegraph April 11, 2011
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/shark-shame-as-night-turns-ugly/story-e6frexnr-1226036892292

CRONULLA have been accused of disrespecting the club's greatest player, Steve Rogers, after Saturday night's last-second 19-13 loss to Manly at Toyota Stadium.

Sharks officials were yesterday having to answer heavy criticism about a disastrous night that included:

* SHARKS players walking off the field before the Steve Rogers Shield was presented;

* FANS queuing up for more than hour to buy food;

* FANS being told caterers Red Rooster had run out of pies, hamburgers and chips.

* A FIGHT on the northern hill in which a police officer was injured; and

* LONG queues in the club after a fire in the kitchen.

The Steve Rogers Shield is a perpetual trophy that Cronulla and Manly play for in honour of the Sharks' finest player.

Rogers' son, Don, waited on the field to present the shield to Manly captain Jamie Lyon but Cronulla were already in their dressing room.

"It wasn't bad sportsmanship but we admit that the communication breakdown was poor," Sharks chairman Damian Irvine said. "It wasn't the players' fault.

"By the time they found out and wanted to come back out, it was too late. It was a bad look but it wasn't malicious.

"I was a good friend of Steve and there was no disrespect intended."

A Cronulla fan contacted The Daily Telegraph to say: "I couldn't believe how they could disrespect such a legend."

Cronulla coach Shane Flanagan took the blame, saying: "My rookie mistake there. By the time I got down from the sheds, the presentation was done. I take responsibility."The poor catering meant one fan spent 83 minutes in a line trying to buy food.

"I took my six-year-old to his first game at Shark Park - it will be his last too," he said.

Irvine said the queues started when a catering truck needed to be repaired.

The fight prompted a fan's email that said: "Warning: Stay away from Shark Park."

"A police officer was injured and that was unacceptable," Irvine said.

Based on the quote, the Sharks chairman considers that it would be poor sportsmanship if the Sharks players/coach intentionally snubbed the trophy presentation.

Two possibilities:

1. Every Sharks player and official forgot the Steve Rogers trophy - If so the trophy should be dumped through lack of interest.

2. Otherwise their chairman considers them bad sports.

Wonder which it is?

Wolfpack, you must have been near me!! The bald guy didn't give up and I saw someone kiss his head!! The guy with no teeth was spitting further than an Orford drop out!! Gee Brookie has a rival now for sure.

How funny was the screen, Hi-Sense or maybe Nonsense would have been happy with their technology on display :shy::p

smart move by Sharks, pack 900 kids on the field to do a dance. That should bring in 2 parents each plus grandparents so extra 2500 fans attending. Now if you get 5000 kids on the oval, 20000 crowds at Shark park :p

I was standing right behind that bald guy. What a clown. Bang your drum...it was being banged alright. Top night. I wish I'd introduced myself to a few people on here. My mrs won't come to many matches and had to be bribed with a dinner to come to this one.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6