Cronk signs with manly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
G

Wasnt there some one telling us that just around the corner cronk was in the bag , well im still waiting to hear this head line , but i think we may need to look to add a good quality back rower and prop, seems like we can handle a few injuries in the backs but the forwards would be a different story, plus a bit of push and hussle for spots wouldnt hurt

Not this again. Seriously I doubt Cronk will sign with manly anytime soon, especially since they got rid of Inglis.

eelcatcher link said:
Not this again. Seriously I doubt Cronk will sign with manly anytime soon, especially since they got rid of Inglis.

Thats the point od the topic. Someone was adamant it had happened and we would soon see. Never going to happen. Shame.

Jonesyv2 link said:
DCE is the Halfback for the future, hence the extention of his contract....

Not every player attains a MoM performance at SOO junior level, as well as City / Country level that same year. Add to that his selection as 1/2 back in the NYC team of the year, a team he lead to a minor premiership, and the fact that his SCSE team is now being touted as a premiership fave.

I'm actually very excited to have him in our team.

That, and I reckon the kid wants to be here, and that means a lot passion wise imo.

Also, I didn't hear quotes from Bennett / Meninga about any OTHER junior 1/2 back this year in such glowing praise.

I reckon give the kid time (say 15 games), and with slick players like Stewart, Robertson, Matai, Lyon, David Williams and Kieran Foran around him, and he'll excel (already has a step up player wise than our present half in Hodko does).

One last thing on DCE. Remember guys, he has had 2.5 years previously playing with Foran (or there abouts - 2.5 was a guestimation) - so the 1/2 pairing is not foreign, and that is ANOTHER big plus.

Ryan link said:
[quote author=Jonesyv2 link=topic=184727.msg285635#msg285635 date=1282105912]

Not every player attains a MoM performance at SOO junior level, as well as City / Country level that same year. Add to that his selection as 1/2 back in the NYC team of the year, a team he lead to a minor premiership, and the fact that his SCSE team is now being touted as a premiership fave.

That, and I reckon the kid wants to be here, and that means a lot passion wise imo.

Also, I didn't hear quotes from Bennett / Meninga about any OTHER junior 1/2 back this year in such glowing praise.

I reckon give the kid time (say 15 games), and with slick players like Stewart, Robertson, Matai, Lyon, David Williams and Kieran Foran around him, and he'll excel (already has a step up player wise than our present half in Hodko does).

One last thing on DCE. Remember guys, he has had 2.5 years previously playing with Foran (or there abouts - 2.5 was a guestimation) - so the 1/2 pairing is not foreign, and that is ANOTHER big plus.
[/quote]

+1

guilty as charged
it was me who heard the hot rumour that Cronk was coming to Manly
my normally very reliable source was clearly wrong

i dont want some overpaid superstar who was forced to be here in the team. We have seen what happened with ox.

CussCuss link said:
i dont want some overpaid superstar who was forced to be here in the team. We have seen what happened with ox.
And what was it that happened with Ox???

Was it that he lead us to 2 GF and won 1? Yeah we can't have that can we!

Nthn NSW link said:
[quote author=CussCuss link=topic=184727.msg285682#msg285682 date=1282114287]
And what was it that happened with Ox???

Was it that he lead us to 2 GF and won 1? Yeah we can't have that can we!
[/quote]

Brett Kimmorley might have been a better example.

Then again, when we signed him it resulted in the end of the Northen Eagles - so it seems as though something good happens every time we sign a pricey halfback...

Oh, hang on - I just remembered Craig Field - scrap that theory.

Ryan link said:

[/quote]

I wasn't having a go at DCE i agree 100% with all your points, why sign cronk when we have DCE in the wings looking for his shot

Jonesyv2 link said:
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=184727.msg285644#msg285644 date=1282107003]

[/quote]

I wasn't having a go at DCE i agree 100% with all your points, why sign cronk when we have DCE in the wings looking for his shot
[/quote]

Nah mate, I was just agreeing with ya :)

CussCuss link said:

Smite yourself,one of the worst posts ever,Final series after final series we were there,with your precious dogkinson where are we?

Shane link said:
[quote author=CussCuss link=topic=184727.msg285682#msg285682 date=1282114287]

Smite yourself,one of the worst posts ever,Final series after final series we were there,with your precious dogkinson where are we?
[/quote]

Were you there or are you just looking back on the results to catch up to the rest of us?

If you'd actually been to a game over the previous years or had access to this new thing called TV, you would've seen that all that stuff happened despite Ox, not because of him.
Also, if you had the internet before last week, you'd know that we've done this one to death.

1 smite to Shane.
Bring on DCE.

Yeah and Bailey is a champion right?
He was our general,he called the plays etc and rarely kicked the ball dead like hodko,he had more heart than the entire team showed on monday night,merkin

Shane link said:
Yeah and Bailey is a champion right?
He was our general,he called the plays etc and rarely kicked the ball dead like hodko,he had more heart than the entire team showed on monday night,merkin

What's Bailey got to do with it?
That topic's been done to death as well.

Sometimes he had heart, sometimes he was no more than a ball hog.

DCE may be the answer but everything he has done this year was done by Hodko last year. The two levels are chalk and cheese. Hopefully he will step up.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4