Cronk ruled out for Roosters, Lam to debut

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

BKite11

Rookie
Roosters rookie Lachlan Lam will make his much-anticipated first grade debut after a Cooper Cronk hamstring injury scratched the champion half from Saturday's clash with Manly.

The Tricolours have been granted an NRL exemption to bring Lam into Trent Robinson's side in jersey No. 23 – the same number Cronk wore in his heroic grand final display last season – having not named a back-up playmaker in their original 21-man squad.

Lam is the son of former Roosters, Queensland and Papua New Guinea favourite Adrian, and recently signed a two-year extension at Bondi despite an approach by Wigan to join his dad in the Super League.

The 20-year-old half has been groomed as an eventual successor to Cronk's No.7 jumper for some time, and now gets his first crack at the top flight opposite incumbent Australian half Daly Cherry-Evans.

And never has an exemption been granted so fast to Uncle Nick.

Why I bet the nrl didn't even bother if they had other replacements in the squad.

Ah well, get well soon cronk, maybe take some of that undeclared sombrero money out of your pants to put less strain on your hamstrings.

Why I bet the nrl didn't even bother if they had other replacements in the squad.

Ah well, get well soon cronk, maybe take some of that undeclared sombrero money out of your pants to put less strain on your hamstrings.

Standard stuff from the NRL. Not in the 21 man squad yet straight in he goes, no questions asked.

Yeah, first thing that jumped out at me "exemption" smh

Is there any rule ... or part of the governance of the NRL that doesn't come down to .... one call at the discretion of one person ....

... Is there no ****ing rule in this game that we can look at and know with confidence what will happen ... does every ****ing thing have to come down to a discrenary calll by Toddy McFukkface bloodyGrenTurd !

Last edited:
I would love to hear the NRL explain how the roosters get an exemption in this situation when Manly were not granted one last year. Is there anyone to contact for clarification or just Toddy himself?

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8