Croker Creativity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Lawton should be dropped not Croker, If you read the post you would understand. He is singled out when we lose because our attack disappears when croker has tackled himself into a standstill. Thats why we need to inject GCKT to up tempo.

I am Croker's biggest fan as a footballer and I agree with your assessment of both him and Lawton. I am not sure GCKT is the man for the job, he may well be.

Where is a Shane Dunley or a Heath L'Strange when we need them.

Gee if we got Lomax and could put Garrick back on a wing, that would solve one problem.

We need another second rower and 2 props. Woods needs to be cut from the 30. Aloia and Lawton need moving on, and before the seasons end a decision will need to be made on Brown and Lodge.

I think we have too many holes to patch in one season and that is our biggest issue. In 2025 or 26 we will be looking to replace DCE followed by Jake.

Evolution baby.

Too many of us hurting from mediocre Manly performances over the last decade. I’m with you. GCKT and Humphries touted as the saviours to match the flashiness of certain hookers in the comp like API and Cook of recent past. If either were brought in at this stage I’d expect the odd good dart from dummy half that would have half this forum creaming themselves, while overlooking major liabilities like defence, or even average ability to provide good service or engage the defence. They may eventually get there, but I doubt they are the fantasy manifest.

I just can't believe this thread is doing the rounds after Saturday's performance. Creativity is certainly not our biggest issue atm. In fact, I've almost never before seen a team be so creative in f*king up the basics
Not much chance at being creative when your whole team can't catch a fu*king ball or throw a decent pass that doesn't sail over the sideline or hang onto it in a tackle.

Lachlan Croker does a good honest job at hooker and he has improved over the years.

What the team needs desperately is a hooker that can run from dummy half, take the line on and give our halves more time to create. The top teams have hookers who do this really well and we need so much to have a hooker to come in and share the work load with Croker.

We have candidates who can do this, Gordon can spark things but he needs to be consistent!

I think if there is some cap available if someone departs its imperative that we invest in a hooker ASAP!

I am Croker's biggest fan as a footballer and I agree with your assessment of both him and Lawton. I am not sure GCKT is the man for the job, he may well be.

Gee if we got Lomax and could put Garrick back on a wing, that would solve one problem.

We need another second rower and 2 props. Woods needs to be cut from the 30. Aloia and Lawton need moving on, and before the seasons end a decision will need to be made on Brown and Lodge.

I think we have too many holes to patch in one season and that is our biggest issue. In 2025 or 26 we will be looking to replace DCE followed by Jake.

Evolution baby.
L'Strange was so good for us. A replicant would be great. Have to see what Harrison Ford can do for us.

Evolution baby.

Woodsy is not in the 30. A Dunley or Le strange is exactly what we need. I wonder if Shane still has reflux. 😂

I don't want this to turn into a debate about whether he is the answer or how underrated he is or any of that stuff that has been debated time and time again.

I simply want to point out that I think his form is considerably down, at present. I don't think it's at a point that we necessary need to do something about him but I feel he has not been able to get into a rhythm with his game, be it attack or defence. If anything, it's not such a bad thing because we've been highly competitive against quality sides, without his usual contributions. If he hits form, we should be sitting pretty.

The one thing we lack at times is crisp service from dummy half. This is something that we need to improve.

A running 9 who takes the defence is also needed as we need that thrust from dummy half to give our play makers more room and add variety to our attack.

Lachlan Croker is a wonderful servant to the team, brave gutsy and for the bulk of his career been selfless to play out of position. He needs more help and our other hookers need to step up and give him time to recover.

The one thing we lack at times is crisp service from dummy half. This is something that we need to improve.

A running 9 who takes the defence is also needed as we need that thrust from dummy half to give our play makers more room and add variety to our attack.

Lachlan Croker is a wonderful servant to the team, brave gutsy and for the bulk of his career been selfless to play out of position. He needs more help and our other hookers need to step up and give him time to recover.
We did have 2 really good 9s, just 1 of them would do now.

I'm hoping he needs a few weeks out to get over the shoulder injury. Lawton to start and Humphreys to the bench would be very much worth a look in my opinion.

He'd make a better lock. Good defense, tough as teak, reasonably quick, great stamina. Remember he started as 5/8. I know, I know. Bearfax at it again. I always think its important to look at options and potential, and show patience.
I don't think it's a bad option. Would he be about Cam Murray's size? I get the feeling he's playing a bit busted at the moment.

Without commenting on the rest of his game, I actually think Croker's service from dummy half has improved, and Lawton has been good with his passing from the ruck as well. I'm guessing, but figure that could be due to having Ennis on the coaching staff.

It is evident that we have no Xfactor or thrust in the number nine .
The most dominant number 13's are hard running dynamic players like Murray and Radley
Crocker is not a 13

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8