Cricket scores and horseman’s 6 agains

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

chuckee

Formerly CJAeagle
Title is pretty self explanatory, but yeah tell you what I’m getting sick of this crap being dished up due to horseman’s fetish for speeding the game up. Was sick of it last season too.
I turned tonight’s match off when it was 30-18.

Is there something in the air at nrlhq which makes those clowns think this is great quality rugba leeg?

Title is pretty self explanatory, but yeah tell you what I’m getting sick of this crap being dished up due to horseman’s fetish for speeding the game up. Was sick of it last season too.

Is there something in the air at nrlhq which makes those clowns think this is great quality rugba leeg?
Yea it’s hard to watch when it’s not Manly, or I don’t have another interest in the game (gambling or SuperCoach)

I had neither of those things last night so didn’t watch

Again, it's not just Peter's fault, the league has been going this way for years ..
Yes the 6 agains absolutely suck, and I hate them with a passion, but you can't forget, all the players in today's game came through the NYC, which was (to me) an embarrassment, as every single game was 50-38, 60-56, 70-16 etc etc etc . It was ALL about scoring trys and being ENTERTAINING and zero about defence..
So these guys don't know any better, even without the 6 again rubbish the cricket scores were always gonna happen

It’s a joke. Tge game I’m watching is a hybrid game of touch footy. It feels like the game of rl is imploding. I absolutely despise the 6 again rule.

At least it was a bit of a contest in the first half, Robati was binned 4 mins into the second and from there, game over.

Again, it's not just Peter's fault, the league has been going this way for years ..
Yes the 6 agains absolutely suck, and I hate them with a passion, but you can't forget, all the players in today's game came through the NYC, which was (to me) an embarrassment, as every single game was 50-38, 60-56, 70-16 etc etc etc . It was ALL about scoring trys and being ENTERTAINING and zero about defence..
So these guys don't know any better, even without the 6 again rubbish the cricket scores were always gonna happen
Sone of the greatest games in history are low scoring defensive struggles. They no longer exist. Our game vs knights was as low scoring as you get these days, not because of great defence because of completely one sided reffing Tgat didn’t allow us to get into the game. An even share of calls we prob put 30 or 40 on them and it’s the same as other games you mention.

At least it was a bit of a contest in the first half, Robati was binned 4 mins into the second and from there, game over.
I think it was over once Isaako unforgivingly let Dufty score right on half time by not simply knocking the ball dead.
The sin bin didn't help, nor did Isaako playing the ball poorly to give St G field position first set 2nd half, but the try on half time was the killer

I think it was over once Isaako unforgivingly let Dufty score right on half time by not simply knocking the ball dead.
The sin bin didn't help, nor did Isaako playing the ball poorly to give St G field position first set 2nd half, but the try on half time was the killer
Yep pretty ordinary by Isaako, his situational awareness for the game, non compos mentis sums it up best, just kill the ball, what’s the point of waiting for it to go dead, if that’s what he was actually doing, there was no time let for a restart, then not to know Dufty would be coming for that ball, wtf, hello anyone home?
Theres been some chat on here about Isaako as a possibLe option to give us back up for Tom and his utility value, not for me, no thank you, at Least he can kick goals and is quick I guess, but the rest is very incomplete. His effort, involvement, support play and read on the game defensively and defence are all very ordinary, no wonder Kevie benched him later in the game.
Yes his brain fog end of the first half, his first play the ball second half and the 18 points the goons scored while Robati was in the bin equal game over, pretty sure the goons would of went on with the job regardless but just shows how the smallest of moments can swing a game from maybe to no chance.

Yep pretty ordinary by Isaako, his situational awareness for the game, non compos mentis sums it up best, just kill the ball, what’s the point of waiting for it to go dead, if that’s what he was actually doing, there was no time let for a restart, then not to know Dufty would be coming for that ball, wtf, hello anyone home?
Theres been some chat on here about Isaako as a possibLe option to give us back up for Tom and his utility value, not for me, no thank you, at Least he can kick goals and is quick I guess, but the rest is very incomplete. His effort, involvement, support play and read on the game defensively and defence are all very ordinary, no wonder Kevie benched him later in the game.
Yes his brain fog end of the first half, his first play the ball second half and the 18 points the goons scored while Robati was in the bin equal game over, pretty sure the goons would of went on with the job regardless but just shows how the smallest of moments can swing a game from maybe to no chance.
Issako has awful game awareness and defensive positioning. Imo he’s not a fb Centre wing only

I think it’s a bit harsh to judge him on a single game. Yes, he is extremely inconsistent, but he’s single handedly won them numerous games this year.

I believe he could flourish in a better system with better players around him.

He wouldn’t need to play fullback every week here.

I think it’s a bit harsh to judge him on a single game. Yes, he is extremely inconsistent, but he’s single handedly won them numerous games this year.

I believe he could flourish in a better system with better players around him.

He wouldn’t need to play fullback every week here.
I’m Not judging him on one game but many. I have a hard core Broncs supporter mate who thinks exactly the same thing.

I’ve also compiled the average scores from rounds 10 & 11 of 2021 and 2019. Didn’t pick and choose, I just took the last 2 rounds (round 12 was a split round in 2019).
It shows the true disparity.

Round 10
2021: 37 def 16
2019: 24 def 13

Round 11
2021: 33 def 15
2019: 25 def 11

Not sure about you lot but I’d rather a 12 point average than the other average. It’s still a contest until the final minutes, I don’t see that currently.

The games rubbish with these 6 again rules which make this game a touch footy hybrid. Also the clamping down on high shots and how that has effected the game with players milking for penalties is embarrassing. The game will struggle into the future on this trajectory with TV ratings to plummet, membership numbers to drop and loss of revenue all around the game.

Last edited:
The games rubbish with these 6 again rules which make this game a touch footy hybrid. Also the clamping down on high shots and how that has effected the game with players milking for penalties is embarrassing. The game will struggle into the future on this trajectory with TV ratings to plummet, membership numbers to drop and loss of revenue all round.
Sadly you may well be right!

I didn't watch a game all weekend. I checked the scores to see how the results might affect us on the table, but that was as far as it went for me.

The NRL is losing hardcore fans to gain new ones. Problem is, they won't be rusted on diehards and are likely to spread their loyalty across multiple sporting codes.

Oh well.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8