Cricket corruption

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kevinward777

First Grader
Sits right atop the pile as far as corrupted, unfair playing advantages go. Take India, they play series after series after series at home on doctored pitches to suit their bowling and batting strengths. They then go on about being ranked number one in both tests and odi. They are nothing in comparison to the Great West Indies side of the 70’s and 80’s or the dominant Australian team of the 90’s-late 2000. Those teams won all around the world under all conditions. This Indian team doesn’t even come close. Money rules the cricket and India just get whatever they want. Can’t wait for the day to see them pumped on a green top or a wicket that offers bounce. First day turning pitches is killing the sport. Who’d want to be a fast bowler?

The sub _ continent has always been trouble for any of the Aussie or Pommie sides as the wickets are doctored to suit their own style. They are nowhere near those great sides you mentioned , the windies etc . The indians come out here and can't handle our bouncing tracks and as you said, they play most of their tests on the sub _ continent which on average will put them unfairly at the top of the tree .

The Indians are the Donkeys of the cricket world. Pampered and spoilt and they have the power and money. The fact that India has never won a test series here and struggle in SOuth Africa and England says that they have a way to go before they are consistent number 1 in cricket. They are ineffective when the wickets do not turn. I despise Kohli he is the Scam Smith of international cricket.

The Indians also play teams like Bangladesh which boosts their win ratio.

They also whinge about DRS and blame a anti-india conspiracy theory when things go against them. Imagine if they had the NRL bunker.

Problem is the bcci have too much pull at the icc. Much like the donkeys do over the NRL.

If I was the Australia's id start making turning pitches in shield games cause we really stuggle of doctored pitches.

Always had my doubts back in the 80s when our dodgy sides would make the finals of the 3 way series.
Now out here all the wickets have lost their uniqueness.
To make the visitors feel welcome.
But now India controls the game.
Waste of time playing there.

One story from when the Aussie's got the better on India during a tour of the sub continent....

During a 1960's test in India, as per normal the visiting side, us, had been on the receiving end of a number of shall we say....contentious LBW decisions. Remember, this was the days when the host nation provided the umpires even for test matches. While at the same time, it seemed that the Indian batsmen could just pad up at will and and almost all LBW appeals would be turned down flat. One bowler who had been knocked back for a number of appeals was NSW leg spinner Johnny Gleeson.

Australia had batted 2nd in this particular game and were in trouble late in their 2nd innings with only captain Bill Lawry managing not to get out. Anyway, Gleeson came in to bat and when he got to the crease he was waving his bat above his head helicopter style. For the next hour, which ended up causing a riot, Gleeson and Lawry padded up to just about every ball and not one LBW was given, much to the obvious displeasure of the crowd and Indian players who were used to their appeals being an almost automatic out. The game ended in a draw with the Indians unable to get Lawry or Gleeson out.

And why weren't they given out? Apparently, when he was waving his bat above his head Gleeson had said to the umpire something along the lines of "If you or your mate out at square leg give either me or Lawry out LBW I am going to wrap this bat around your neck"

Corruption took a beating that day lol.

Last edited:
The Indians also play teams like Bangladesh which boosts their win ratio.

Australia just played the Bangers and couldn't put them away ;)

Personally I don't mind them playing on pitches that turn straight away, prefer watching games like that than the highways Australia has produced the past 5 years or so where 600 plays 550 1st innings, our pitches have been heading that way as well unfortunately. Need to get some more life back into the decks so the bowlers get something out of it

For me the most entertaining test matches are around the 250-300 run mark in each innings, always really good contests

There is a very simple way to stop pitches being doctored. Eliminate the toss and give the visiting team the option of batting or bowling first.
This system was successfully trialled in England last season to stop the practice of local clubs doctoring their wickets.
It happens in grade cricket too.

I think one of the reasons we have been going backwards is that we no longer have a great variety of pitches to play on.

Having to play with the variety including the bounce and pace of the WACA, turn of the SCG and swing of Hobart helped make the Aussies better all round cricketers.

The other thing that has killed the game at test level is T20.

My grandfather, who passed away 28 years ago today, refused to watch one-day cricket because in his words "it's rigged".

And to think I scoffed.

I think one of the reasons we have been going backwards is that we no longer have a great variety of pitches to play on.

Having to play with the variety including the bounce and pace of the WACA, turn of the SCG and swing of Hobart helped make the Aussies better all round cricketers.

This

I can't understand why we ever moved away from the personality of grounds. It was our massive advantage.
And why we don't have a bunch of copycat wickets in appropriate climate regions for the top tier players to visit whenever they like is also a mystery. They could stick a variety of sandy turners out the back of Qld somewhere, some Pommy swingers in Tassie and everything else in between. Young guys should be brought up practicing on these wickets.

I can't understand why we ever moved away from the personality of grounds. It was our massive advantage.

I'll give you 3 letters that will explain why we went from permanent to drop in pitches at our major test cricket venues.....

A
F
L

The only major test venue in Australia that doesn't also double as an AFL ground in winter is the WACA. Even Bellerive is an Aussie rules ground in winter these days. Not only do the AFL play games there but the local Tasmanian league plays there on a weekly basis.

Just because it's a drop in doesn't mean it can't be made to match specifications. Then again, I'm no green thumb. But surely it's not that hard.
The making the game last for 5 days is probably more like it. Again, advertising calls the shots.

How does AFL seem immune all this? How do they have control of the media?
That's where we need to be looking for corruption.

drop ins are notoriously "sameish" they are grown off site in basically the same way all over, and just dropped in (thus the name) when needed, they dont have the years of care and so on that, they are only on site for a few months.

the 5 days thing as you mentioned actually answers your question about AFL, MCG as an example uses the cricekt for 5 days for a test, which is rarely full apart from boxing day, and a few ODIs and T20s. nobody cares about the shield as there is no money (as a cricket fan I follow shield scores but haven't been to a live game in 25 yrs).

balance that agaisnt the AFL which as good as fills it pretty much every weekend generally 2 or 3 times.

money talks as you say

I'll give you 3 letters that will explain why we went from permanent to drop in pitches at our major test cricket venues.....

A
F
L

The only major test venue in Australia that doesn't also double as an AFL ground in winter is the WACA. Even Bellerive is an Aussie rules ground in winter these days. Not only do the AFL play games there but the local Tasmanian league plays there on a weekly basis.

That's total bull****,they do not use Bellerive every weekend at all,they use it mostly for finals for the state league

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8