Craig Stapleton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher
I said it in a different thread.. dunno if any of you saw it but we should sign Craig Stapleton.. you would be mad not too.

You would pick the bloke up for 100k a year and he is always making 100m a game...

Pritchard - Whoever gets him is paying overs anyway

Lyon - We don't need him.. would be handy but we don't need him

SIGN CRAIG STAPLETON!!!

So how are you Craig related Nutz?

We need some class to replace BK, not a solid toiler like Stapleton.

I'm not related to him mate... We would still have alot of money left after he bought him... he is currently playing for 37k a year.... double it and he'll be happy and it is still not much of a dent in our salary cap.. Bryant and Kite starting with stapleton off the bench sounds alright to me

Volley, while i agree that replacing BK is very difficult, as I see it, a value purchase is a value purchase. For instance having better depth in the front row could allow for a restructure which in turn frees up $ for the best available BK replacement.

If Stapleton was that cheap (which I dont for one minute think he is) it would be well worth the recruitment.

Knowing how complicated squad selection and forecasting recruitment can be, i would certainly be considering what Nutz has suggested.

On the footy show they said he is on $37k a year at penrith right now.. and said he was going on the open market... and when asked what he'd like he sed 70k at least!!

I saw that on the footy show too Nutz and couldn't believe it!! A player like him who has done the rounds in the NRL is only getting $37k a year!! damn and we pay Jason King how much?!?! Credit where credit is due though Jason has pulled finger this year.

I agree with you we could do far worse than him. He is a solid toiler - much the same as Luke Williamson.

Stapleton? No. I'd hope Manly get someone who's on the improve than an honest toiler. I'd hope Cuthbo or Stewart stand up before they give him a run in the maroon jersey.

[quote author=Volley]

Volley, while i agree that replacing BK is very difficult, as I see it, a value purchase is a value purchase. For instance having better depth in the front row could allow for a restructure which in turn frees up $ for the best available BK replacement.

If Stapleton was that cheap (which I dont for one minute think he is) it would be well worth the recruitment.

Knowing how complicated squad selection and forecasting recruitment can be, i would certainly be considering what Nutz has suggested.

[/quote]

Agree 100% with you boys Jatz and Nutz. I just thought Nutz was trying to say sign Stapleton over someone like Pritchard. My Bad.

"Agree 100% with you boys Jatz and Nutz. "

In the interests of clarity and clear communication, maybe you and I need to specify which side of the genitalia we reside....i will be left Jatz and you be right Nutz, hows that suit ?
:)

I was impressed with the story about this family, whilst I agree we need some stronger players, Manly does do alright out of throwing out life lines to players. I think any forward who can play or have the ability to play top grade and can run a ball up 100 mtres a game, and you then told me you only have to pay $70 to $80K...I'd hire him. There are far to many triple figure forwards who are not earning their keep. This guy would be reliable, and he would RESPECT the club for giving him a chance, and I reckon the club would benefit from it.

I think it is a great pick up

His stats for the last game against Melbourne....

Tackles: 29
Missed Tackles: 0
Line Breaks: 0
Hit ups: 13
Metres: 133
Handling Errors: 0
Offloads: 0
Penalties: 0

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6