• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ManlyBacker

Winging it
Any thoughts?

The field isn't as hopeless as many would claim.

The issue for me will be the tempo of the race. There are only two horses that are happy to run forward and they are Theseo and Maldivian. Maldivian's trainer says he intends to set a hectic pace but they all say anything to upset their rivals. This means it could be a start and stop affair and the rest of the field normally like to tail out the back and fly home on the back of a fast pace up front.

I am going to look for an upset. They all can't be last and get a huge run down the outside. For me Theseo is a typical Waterhouse horse, rock fit after the Epsom win and will probably sit second all the way and then try and hold them off in the straight. He has won up to 2200. It is my go at $14.

Well, I hate to be a favourites backer but it's Princess Coup for me. I think connections of theseo asking for the outside gate helps her even more.

Maldivian will go forward and with theseo working hard to get from that outside gate to the lead will ensure between these 2 there will be a good hard pace on leaving it to the back markers.

In steps Princess Coup. She is a very consistent horse that loves to leave it til they are well and truly homeward bound before she pounces on them.

If you look at the form of Nom Du Jeu i think princess coup is definately the one to beat.

I would love to see samantha miss get up and I think she'll be in it up to her eyeballs but I don't know if she is quite up to this.

For me it's

1. Princess Coup
2. Zarita
3. Samantha Miss

I'm hoping for a better showing from Big Mal too.

I took Zipping but cant hold anything against Maldivian. Huge turnaround in form and a big day for Kavanagh and Rodd. Very ordinary field though and one of the poorest Cox Plates I have seen.

Whobegotyou in the Derby, unbeatable on todays effort.

I was talking to one of Eskanders analysts last week, reckons Septimus is 6 lengths better than anything that ran in the Caulfield Cup.

Nutzcraw link said:
Well, I hate to be a favourites backer but it's Princess Coup for me. I think connections of theseo asking for the outside gate helps her even more.

Maldivian will go forward and with theseo working hard to get from that outside gate to the lead will ensure between these 2 there will be a good hard pace on leaving it to the back markers.

In steps Princess Coup. She is a very consistent horse that loves to leave it til they are well and truly homeward bound before she pounces on them.

If you look at the form of Nom Du Jeu i think princess coup is definately the one to beat.

I would love to see samantha miss get up and I think she'll be in it up to her eyeballs but I don't know if she is quite up to this.

For me it's

1. Princess Coup
2. Zarita
3. Samantha Miss

*** I'm hoping for a better showing from Big Mal too. ***

Well, I certainly got that!

I ended up just having $20 on Maldivian & Zipping so picked up $180

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4