Cowboys

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Im not sure how many of you saw the game yesterday but these guys are on fire. I can't believe a team can pick up the ball and play like they did in game one of the season. Thurston, Bowen, Sing, all the forwards, everyone was electric. The broncos stood no chance and I think we are up for a smashing. Sad to say, but look two weeks in advance for our next possible win.

I don't expect us to beat them, particularly up there. However footy is a funny game and hopefully our guys will be stung into action.

Yeah you never know. It will be the effort they put in that counts. Hopefully they will at least go down fighting....

Canberra beating us must have seemed impossible to most but their players had belief.. and caused an upset.

Hopefully our boys can do the same.

Im not sure how many of you saw the game yesterday but these guys are on fire. I can't believe a team can pick up the ball and play like they did in game one of the season. Thurston, Bowen, Sing, all the forwards, everyone was electric. The broncos stood no chance and I think we are up for a smashing. Sad to say, but look two weeks in advance for our next possible win.

agreed Flip- the Cowboys were great yesterday and I rate a special mention to Steve Southern, Luke O'Donnel and Dennis Scott- they were great.
I hope we turn it around this week but up against a side as hot as the Cowboys at home...it's going to be a big ask!

I still think Southern would have been a great buy for us a couple of years ago (he already has a stand at Brookie named after him after all :D )

I don't give us much of a chance in Townsville.

It wasn't dennis scott mate.. it was a bloke called mathew scott i believe (no.17) .. i think it was his debut (if not, he hasn't played many games) and bloody hell he had a blinder... if he plays like that consistantly the cowboys are gonna struggle to keep him out of the run on side!

at least there is no chance of us being complacent this week, maybe the cowboys will think they just need to turn up!! BUT if they play like they did yesterday then.....

i was at the cowboys game on halfway.at half time i almost rang and cancelled my tickets to townsville on friday.they were awsome.bowen is getting better if that is possible.

unfortunately they are incredibly strong where we are weak

a) their little men in the middle of the ruck against our unstructured defence.kite and king struggle laterally big time-thurston and bowen don't even hide their intentions-they just stand in the middle of the ruck and pick off the wounded lambs.
b) their pace out wide against matai and stephenson and our sliding defence.those boys try hard but bowen,williams and sing will eat us by running with depth.
c) they crunch weak running forwards-odonnell,southern and scott were smashing the big broncos.if king and co paddle up as usual they will get acquainted with Townsville base hospital very quickly.

as for young Scott,he has had a huge wrap on him for a while and missed the whole year with injury.for all you king lovers what he showed sunday was "potential".

we are realistically no chance in this game.i just hope the boys dig deep and show some eagle pride.we wont be the last team to lose up there and all that is asked for is a show of guts.i am dead sure the boys will put in but a win is too far fetched after what i saw at close hand on Sunday.8-12 point loss will be acceptable.a drubbing next week and the sharks game may decide our season with what is to follow.

The only good thing in our favour is that clubs rarely put together two sensational games back to back and usually suffer a let down the following week.

They would have been fired up to beat the broncos because they have never won at that ground even against the south queensland crushers.

Hopefully the cowboys will not play as well next saturday night.

I believe we can beat them still!!

Guess what tookey, they ARE going to be fired up. it's their first home game for the season.. and they are fanatical fans up there don't worry.. i'm in brissie and we are getting swamped by cowboys fans now... oh thats prolly because all the bronco fans just get on their bandwagon when the bronc's are going ****house!!

Manly by 8

Guess what tookey, they ARE going to be fired up. it's their first home game for the season.. and they are fanatical fans up there don't worry.. i'm in brissie and we are getting swamped by cowboys fans now... oh thats prolly because all the bronco fans just get on their bandwagon when the bronc's are going ****house!!

Manly by 8

Kinda like us, eh? :p

there is always a chance we could spring a upset, albeit a very slim one.

hopefully sueridgepipes predication is like the Broncos game last season at Brookie when he said we have no chance of winning that game !pray:

[quote author=Nutzcraw]

Manly by 8

Kinda like us, eh? :p

[/quote]

haha yeah for sure mate!!

there is always a chance we could spring a upset, albeit a very slim one.

hopefully sueridgepipes predication is like the Broncos game last season at Brookie when he said we have no chance of winning that game !pray:

i also suggested we would lose almost every game from mid season onwards as our forwards defence fell apart and our halves were totally uncreative.12 out of 14 aint bad.

tipping an upset between two average sides like at brookie on saturday is a far cry from tipping a hot gf side at home to get rolled by a team that has lost 13 from their last 16 games. to tip against us this week is simply sensible-they have us covered in every facet of the game and are at home.how much we get beat by may well determine our season.a gutsy performance with some new blood and new tactics will give us something to work on.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4