Pre-Game Cowboys V Manly [Round 18, 2024]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

V

0 0
QCB Stadium
06 Jul 2024 07:35 PM

Team Lists

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Apart from Garrick being at centre instead of Tommy 2, it’s ok. Glad he didn’t piss Lehi off altogether. (Maybe his dad did swing by the Seibold residence).

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
I'm fine with Lehi on the bench. Obviously an insurance on Garrick and Turbos returns.

With HIAs and the amonth of injuries these days I think back cover on the bench is useful particularly as Lawton can cover Simpkin (who cam play 80). Haumole plays 80 and Jake and Ben can go close enough to 80.

We have cover for minutes, only issue is if a forward or two went down.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, seems a strange call. I really can't see the point. It's almost like Seibs is worried Tom will break down.
That’s exactly why I think he’s there. I can’t blame Seibold for that move. Plus I think Lehi has shown that he’s a very talented player who could fill in anywhere in the backline.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was thinking we had the backs covered (should things go wrong) with Ben and even Lawton. And if nothing goes wrong in the backs, we seem to be wasting a bench rotation. If it's going to be warm in NQLD, a couple of the big blokes might start blowing pretty quick (JA been out for a few weeks, Sips fitness generally) so we might regret not having an extra forward. They can't possibly play Hopps in the forwards, so unless a back goes down, it seems he sits on his bum all day.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Clearly young Hoppa is there as a backup , and may not see much game time.

Possibly insurance for Tom.

Tom , if uninjured , might only play 30 minutes , Koula back to centre , Lehi to fullback.

That’s how I see it.
Yeah, I hadn't thought about the fact that Seibs may not intend playing Tom the full game. He could also get gassed if its warm up there. If that's the plan, then it certainly makes sense now.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Here is the weather prediction in Townsville on Saturday:

Townsville Weather Saturday 06 July 2024.jpg

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, I hadn't thought about the fact that Seibs may not intend playing Tom the full game. He could also get gassed if its warm up there. If that's the plan, then it certainly makes sense now.
I’d very much suggest that’s the plan, ease him back gently ( well as gently as our game allows ).

eaglebuzz

Bencher
Given how light we are in the forwards anyway I don't mind the versatility of a back on the bench. Will be interesting to see how it all goes.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Well let's hope after the Souffs fiasco that these selections work and they get the win. Otherwise the Seibold grievances discussion thread is going to nuclear , could be a site meltdown.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well let's hope after the Souffs fiasco that these selections work and they get the win. Otherwise the Seibold grievances discussion thread is going to nuclear , could be a site meltdown.
Never easy in Townsville , we certainly need to win but I’m not really confident.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We all Hope for a Manly win feathered friend
Manly Winning is a Happy place at the Silvertails forum

Team P W L PD Pts
15 12 3 113 28
15 10 5 108 24
15 10 5 77 24
16 10 6 195 22
15 8 7 64 20
15 8 7 40 20
16 9 7 2 20
15 8 7 -30 20
15 7 7 28 19