Countdown to selectageddon

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
They are only names. When they cross the line it’s 13 on 13.

The thing about the roosters i admire , jwh aside they dont spend big on props. A constant rotation of players that run through brick walls for a few seasons and then allow them to move on. No mega attatchment .

More coin on the back row generally . They do also continually unearth plenty through reggies and left field. I think there accounting is dubious at times but you have to admire some of there strategy .

what I hope is named (no chance)

Funa
Saab
Walker
Suli
Harper
Shuster
DCE
Paseka
Foran
Tapau
GoJetski
Sirro
Jake

Cust
Aloia
Guac
Davey

a bit faster and more mobile than what I’m expecting.

Likely Roosters Team:

01. James Tedesco
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Josh Morris
04. Joesph Manu
05. Brett Morris
06. Victor Radley (or Lachlan Lam)
07. Luke Keary
08. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
09. Nathan Friend
10. Siosiua Tuakeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Isaac Liu (or Victor Radley)

14. Sam Verrills
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Daniel Suluka-Fifita (or Isaac Liu)
17. Sitili Tupouniua

Talk about stacked - wowzers (we are in trouble)
That is a great team and a team that has been moulded over the years with a winning ethos

To our credit we beat them last season with Turbo taking them on and destroying them and he was the difference

We need all our players to stand up and make a difference to their team and be come navigators and not just be passengers

We need to learn to start winning with out Turbo
We need to start leaning to be a team of winners and not just a one man team once gain

Likely Roosters Team:

01. James Tedesco
02. Daniel Tupou
03. Josh Morris
04. Joesph Manu
05. Brett Morris
06. Victor Radley (or Lachlan Lam)
07. Luke Keary
08. Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
09. Nathan Friend
10. Siosiua Tuakeiaho
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Angus Crichton
13. Isaac Liu (or Victor Radley)

14. Sam Verrills
15. Lindsay Collins
16. Daniel Suluka-Fifita (or Isaac Liu)
17. Sitili Tupouniua

Talk about stacked - wowzers (we are in trouble)
Lam will be 5/8
Tupouniua will take Cordners edge as he is out 12 weeks

Very good team but the Morris boys, Friend, JWH not getting younger.
I'd say if Tedesco went down they would be right back in a dogfight for the 8

That is a great team and a team that has been moulded over the years with a winning ethos

To our credit we beat them last season with Turbo taking them on and destroying them and he was the difference

We need all our players to stand up and make a difference to their team and be come navigators and not just be passengers

We need to learn to start winning with out Turbo
We need to start leaning to be a team of winners and not just a one man team once gain

We do. We need actual leaders and footy heads, not just professional athletes . We have some great players that too easily accept a loss as being just another day in the office. Sport is ultra competitive and kicking stones after a loss is not being a bad sport. Its expected.

If you want to catch up with mates after a flogging at there hands , ring them on Tuesday,

At times last year some of our players looked like the opposition had just thrown them a surprise party at full time after smashing us. No wonder we struggle for members and sponsors

Hope not, Not a fan of Harper at Fullback, rather he replaced Garrick on wing and have Funa at Fullback. Garrick offered nothing on Weekend and Harper rather ineffective at Fullback.

Tevita Funa is a last stop player imo. Shouldn't be near 1st grade. I'd rather swap out Walker to fullback and bring Parker in so at least we have 1st grade talent available. Alternatively, Garrick to fullback, Tuipulotu on the wing

Des' team: My team:
1. Harper 1. Harper
2. Garrick 2. Koula
3. Suli 3. Walker
4. Walker 4. Parker (can defend and he just needs to draw and pass to Saab)
5. Saab 5. Saab
6. Foran 6. Schuster
7. DCE 7. DCE
8. Paseka 8. Paseka
9. Crocker 9. Birt
10. Taupau 10. Taupau
11. Sironen 11. Davey
12. Gosiewski 12. Gosiewski
13. Trbojevic 13. Trbojevic
-------------------------------------------------------
14. Schuster 14. Foran
15. Davey 15. Olakau'atu
16. Aloiai 16. Aloiai
17. Keppie 17. S. Fainu
-----------------------------------------------------
18. Cust 18. Cust​

We need better defense in our backline and Suli can't read numbers. Have Parker next to Saab and encourage him to feed Saab the ball.

Tevita Funa is a last stop player imo. Shouldn't be near 1st grade. I'd rather swap out Walker to fullback and bring Parker in so at least we have 1st grade talent available. Alternatively, Garrick to fullback, Tuipulotu on the wing
I think Funas an ok back up centre, FB no way. Garrick is wearing very thin on me. He’ll start on one wing I think but there are a few breathing down his neck. Harper showed enough to get a crack in the 1.

I think Funas an ok back up centre, FB no way. Garrick is wearing very thin on me. He’ll start on one wing I think but there are a few breathing down his neck. Harper showed enough to get a crack in the 1.

Also think when Tommy is healthy, possibly Harper to wing over Garrick?

Hope not, Not a fan of Harper at Fullback, rather he replaced Garrick on wing and have Funa at Fullback. Garrick offered nothing on Weekend and Harper rather ineffective at Fullback.

I was at the trial on Sunday with a couple of other Manly fans and although we were looking into the blazing sun and partaking in a few too many refreshments.... in a game of very few good signs, we all came away pretty impressed with Harper.

Harper was under siege as fullback and made several great tackles. I know the scoreline suggests otherwise, but he showed me has has some desire and I would be amazed if he wasn't given first crack at Fullback after that game.

I really dont like Jake at lock with the speed of this new game.
Not the way Des plays him anyway.

Agreed. I'd never knock Jake and I am sure he is just playing to instructions but if we are still using him as that Aiden Tolman or James Graham false 5/8 who pretends to engage the line but 9 times out of 10 just shuffles the ball out the back again this year.... then my remote control is in serious peril again this year. A Year ago it was obvious this was fooling nobody.

Agreed. I'd never knock Jake and I am sure he is just playing to instructions but if we are still using him as that Aiden Tolman or James Graham false 5/8 who pretends to engage the line but 9 times out of 10 just shuffles the ball out the back again this year.... then my remote control is in serious peril again this year. A Year ago it was obvious this was fooling nobody.
I know what you (and others) are talking about, but one of the biggest differences between us and the likes of Storm, Roosters, Raiders and Panthers is bodies in motion. Jake isn't fooling anyone because there is rarely anyone pushing up with him at speed. DCE often runs around like a headless chook because there are not many options being presented. And a primary reason why we are so much more dangerous with Tom in the team is because he is always 'on the ball' helping to create options and putting that defensive line under stress decision making wise.

I was at the trial on Sunday with a couple of other Manly fans and although we were looking into the blazing sun and partaking in a few too many refreshments.... in a game of very few good signs, we all came away pretty impressed with Harper.

Harper was under siege as fullback and made several great tackles. I know the scoreline suggests otherwise, but he showed me has has some desire and I would be amazed if he wasn't given first crack at Fullback after that game.
Ok, get the defense bit, so if we accept Harper at FB then drop Garrick for Funa, he has more to offer.. So Indian, who kicked the goal from the sideline when Garrick was replaced? With Garrick gone then he seems to be OK as a regular kicker?

I really dont like Jake at lock with the speed of this new game.
Not the way Des plays him anyway.

I know what you (and others) are talking about, but one of the biggest differences between us and the likes of Storm, Roosters, Raiders and Panthers is bodies in motion. Jake isn't fooling anyone because there is rarely anyone pushing up with him at speed. DCE often runs around like a headless chook because there are not many options being presented. And a primary reason why we are so much more dangerous with Tom in the team is because he is always 'on the ball' helping to create options and putting that defensive line under stress decision making wise.
This is one of our biggest problems. our forwards are so lazy "off the ball" they rarely ever support and even in the first couple sets of 6 they can't/won't push up. This is one thing Davey does extremely well and another reason he should start.
We are a team if X factor but a team that does NOT do all the little things well

We do. We need actual leaders and footy heads, not just professional athletes . We have some great players that too easily accept a loss as being just another day in the office. Sport is ultra competitive and kicking stones after a loss is not being a bad sport. Its expected.

If you want to catch up with mates after a flogging at there hands , ring them on Tuesday,

At times last year some of our players looked like the opposition had just thrown them a surprise party at full time after smashing us. No wonder we struggle for members and sponsors
Nothing stops loyal passionate supporters from becoming club members and it has never stops me or all the other faithful and passionate 10,000 Manly souls
No excuses Passion over rides everything !!!

ASK NOT WHAT YOUR GREAT CLUB THE LEGENDARY MANLY SEA EAGLES CAN DO FOR YOU
ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR YOUR LEGENDARY CLUB THE MANLY SEA EAGLES !!!

Club Name202120202020201920182017
16 Feb16 FebFinalFinalFinalFinal
Parramatta28,40425,00528,15625,25825,14524,501
South Sydney28,27228,04629,67029,62629,18930,220
Newcastle16,95216,54018,86020,66518,01713,370
Canberra16,82116,48819,03920,12120,05519,091
Wests Tigers15,50012,76217,91220,73920,79418,074
Sydney Roosters14,02213,95016,40716,38416,04416,001
St Geo Illa11,42211,74315,27221,02821,19719,181
Manly10,15911,61012,88712,44012,43013,163

Ok, get the defense bit, so if we accept Harper at FB then drop Garrick for Funa, he has more to offer.. So Indian, who kicked the goal from the sideline when Garrick was replaced? With Garrick gone then he seems to be OK as a regular kicker?

Good question Supreme Leader. Dunno who kicked the goals it was extremely hard to take it all in given the sun was burning a holes in your eyes and the beers were burning holes in my brain ( perhaps more of the latter ) and our team was very different to what it normally would be and quite a few I didn't instantly recognize. Was it the young half back ??

I was assuming Garrick will be Goalkicker Round 1 no matter what....but who knows Cherry as the fallback.

Yes it's a fair point. The good teams always throw "good shapes" at the opposition defence in most plays of most sets. Whereas the lesser teams tend to have to set up for 1 or 2 big plays each set in which they attack with good shape, and the rest of the time players are just strung out like washing. I would agree that's our biggest problem in attack.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2