Council Elections

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Peter C said:
Nothing from the council, but with the majority of councillors in favour of a redevelopment , perhaps they may apply for funding, but probably only with the liberals, with labor we're no chance.

Thank you!

The Wheel said:
Nothing at the moment but maybe the council will be able to to put a proposal together for State/Federal funding. I also note that one of Regan's priorities is to put a masterplan together for Brookvale - I hope that would include the Oval

Thanks again!

Daniel said:
globaleagle said:
Apparently Candy Bingham is good for Manly....

or so it says over there ------->

That's Manly, not Warringah.

That advert deal expires tomorrow afternoon, but glad to see it was noticed, might be nice to have some inroads into the council down there with the site

D'oh! And I'm here to serve, and notice stuff. (Like the lack of a full stop.) :angel:

Candy Bingham. Definitely Manly electorate. I voted for her in protest of Jean Hayes proposal to put a car park under the historic Manly Oval.

And to think Brookie has its problems.

Looks like Krisch will miss out on the last seat - that is good news as she was the **** stirrer in the Brookvale Valley Community group which complained everytime someone ran onto the oval at Brookie. They have been quiet of late but watch for them to start making noise again now that she cannot be a roadblock in council.

It would have been nice of Deluca got shafted as well but it seems he will scrap in.

Oneyeagle said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Greenies on the nose, right across Australia!!!

Australia has finally woken up to them. Many redevelopments regarding football fields in the inner city have been put on hold due to them.

I'm happy with what my Greens-dominated council are doing in my area, regarding the disgraceful proposal of the Rozelle Towers - where the Balmain Leagues club are now. They oppose it.

So high the buildings will be, that aircraft's have been told they will have to change their flight paths....

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/left-keen-to-admit-the-error-of-part-3a-law-20120713-221kl.html

The Greens got absolutly shafted in the recent Queensland state election, and didn't get a look in at all in the Council elections that followed a month later.

It's a shame really that they lost the plot under Brown, I consider myself "green in nature" (recycling etc etc) BUT to be just "anti development and anti anything happening" has got on many peoples goats.

Anyway great to see some smart people in power, and yes maybe they can get their heads together with the state government and work something out for good old Brooky!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2