Coronavirus sucks.. but the NRL lives!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I got the AZ two weeks ago. First night I had the shakes, chattering teeth and a splitting headache. My left arm still has a big red blotch where I got the jab. If they were discriminating against any other group (insert minority here) there'd be outrage..... but of course we're all over 60 and have magic blood.

y'all keep telling millennials how soft they are and how tough you guys are...

I guess this is just another chance to prove it for ya!

lol

cough

Glad you're alive!

lol

cough

Glad you're alive!
I'm just pissed off. I took a friend of mine down to Brisbane to get skin cancer cut out of her nose and ear. She came out of the operating theatre with a bloody nose and two black eyes. We went for a walk but people are looking at me like I'm ****....arriving just before lockdown was an added bonus.

lol

cough

Glad you're alive!

I agree Global. My criticism is at a Govt that didnt wait to see what is more effective. AZ is effective no question and the side effects we'll get over, but it was knee jerk reaction by our Holier thou thou leader. I'm hearing reports that Pfizer and Modena could give resistance for years. Nothing about AZ doing the same. But certainly far better to be vaccinated than not. I know some anti-vaxers and have tried to suggest the gamble is far far more against them them those vaccinated, but the world is dominated now by the Qanon mentality.

Yep I was wary of the clotting because its in our family so I waited to see if my younger brother died before taking the risk. He suffered very little side effects. I also have diabetes, low range, and blood pressure issues. Had cholesterol issues but change of diet and meds I'm on, has me at about 2 so that's under control. Blood pressure up in my last test bah humbug. Getting old takes its toll
nice to have a sacrificial sibling @:)

Spanish flu or 1918 H1N1 is still with us, most of the current strains of Infulenza are actually descendants or variants of it.

In all likelihood COVID19 will be much the same, we won't eradicate it but merely get it under control with herd immunity.
I read on the internet (so it must be true) that like all living things, viruses are coded to survive. This is difficult if it kills its host. So viruses mutate to become more contagious but less deadly... both ensuring its survival. Sounds logical.

Maybe someone more suitably qualified can confirm?

I read on the internet (so it must be true) that like all living things, viruses are coded to survive. This is difficult if it kills its host. So viruses mutate to become more contagious but less deadly... both ensuring its survival. Sounds logical.

I think it is true. The common cold is a coronavirus. It killed a lot of people 10000 years ago. Now we can live with it.

I'm not qualified but my Internet says the same thing.

I'm 39 and waiting patiently to be able to get the pfizer vaccine in October. Don't really want to go near the AZ one, from when they were each announced the AZ one looked a bit dodgy to me, with the Pfizer one looking much more appealing, I am glad that's what is more than likely to be the one that I get hold of, or at least they open up the J&J one to us once the US is sorted.

Still I am sticking with pfizer, as long as they don't stuff up and I end up with a massive erection after getting the jab

I agree with you Dan. Our Government rushed in blindly and committed itself to the AZ vaccine and now most older people cant get Pfizer at all. Not saying AZ doesn't work. Its just the Pfizer seems to have fewer complications and a higher protection, from what I've read. But I decided at my age it wasn't worth holding off. This virus is in the community, highly communicable, and will continue to resurface from time to time. Sad thing is Australia has a very low level of those already vaccinated. OK while its in check, but if there is a break out, it could be dangerous for those unvaccinated.
Obviously it remains a choice to either have the vaccine or to a lesser extent which one.

Az is the dominant vaccine here in the UK and just to add some perspective to the clotting issue. From the FT so a reputable source.

These figures are a few months old but hopefully they give an indication.

'The rare blood-clotting reaction that has disrupted the rollout of the AstraZeneca and J&J shots has been recorded in 309 of the 33m people who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, causing 56 deaths.'

309 from 33 000 000 is pretty small BUT i get if I or one of my family got a clot and died how upset i would be.

Tbat being said I was given the Moderna vax so im all good jack......

Obviously it remains a choice to either have the vaccine or to a lesser extent which one.

Az is the dominant vaccine here in the UK and just to add some perspective to the clotting issue. From the FT so a reputable source.

These figures are a few months old but hopefully they give an indication.

'The rare blood-clotting reaction that has disrupted the rollout of the AstraZeneca and J&J shots has been recorded in 309 of the 33m people who have received the AstraZeneca vaccine in the UK, causing 56 deaths.'

309 from 33 000 000 is pretty small BUT i get if I or one of my family got a clot and died how upset i would be.

Family history and years of work travel put me in an area of hard no on AZ

Family history and years of work travel put me in an area of hard no on AZ
As i said personal choice is personal choice mate. Things like Family medical history is a very important consideration.

I had DVT back in Feb 2019 after flying back from Aus to UK but when I was due the Vax I was more than happy to get AZ.

I think its also about the clear and present danger of where you live. UK has been ****ed and the only way we have broken the cycle is mass Vax as quick as possible. Aus on the other hand has rolled along pretty untouched by mass infection and death. This leads many to think everything will be fine which isnt really the case.

Look at the 20 or 30 new cases per day now and imagine if that was 2 or 3000. Different ball game all together.

As i said personal choice is personal choice mate. Things like Family medical history is a very important consideration.

I had DVT back in Feb 2019 after flying back from Aus to UK but when I was due the Vax I was more than happy to get AZ.

I think its also about the clear and present danger of where you live. UK has been ****ed and the only way we have broken the cycle is mass Vax as quick as possible. Aus on the other hand has rolled along pretty untouched by mass infection and death. This leads many to think everything will be fine which isnt really the case.

Look at the 20 or 30 new cases per day now and imagine if that was 2 or 3000. Different ball game all together.
I'm defo not anti-vaxx. But I need to look at the risk profile.

I work from home, my world mostly exists within a 3km radius of my house at the moment. We are in lockdown anway. There's currently more risk of exposure going to the vaccination centre than there is in waiting it out. I've booked in with my gp to get Pfizer on my actual birthday if there are supplies still there.

I think everyone that can get it should be getting it and I'm pretty impressed with the rollout this week of <40 stepping up.

It's our only pathway out and hopefully we get our **** sorted down here to catch up to everyone else

I'm defo not anti-vaxx. But I need to look at the risk profile.

I work from home, my world mostly exists within a 3km radius of my house at the moment. We are in lockdown anway. There's currently more risk of exposure going to the vaccination centre than there is in waiting it out. I've booked in with my gp to get Pfizer on my actual birthday if there are supplies still there.

I think everyone that can get it should be getting it and I'm pretty impressed with the rollout this week of <40 stepping up.

It's our only pathway out and hopefully we get our **** sorted down here to catch up to everyone else
Completely agree. Risk v reward.

One thing i will say and this might seem like government bashing but the only good thing other than signing contracts and getting Vaccines into the country was to Hand the entire process to the NHS (national health service) to run and administer. They have done an amazing job.

It seems that Australian authorities just cant help themselves and have to be involved in every step to score points. Thay all look like headless chickens all cock fighting over their own incompetence.

Both my jabs were flawless in getting it done. No queue. No large crowds and appointments available every 5 min 12 hours a day.

I'm just pissed off. I took a friend of mine down to Brisbane to get skin cancer cut out of her nose and ear. She came out of the operating theatre with a bloody nose and two black eyes. We went for a walk but people are looking at me like I'm ****....arriving just before lockdown was an added bonus.

You're allowed to be pissed! I hope your friend gets better soon (so you can walk with her). People are generally jerks so screw those guys!

I agree Global. My criticism is at a Govt that didnt wait to see what is more effective. AZ is effective no question and the side effects we'll get over, but it was knee jerk reaction by our Holier thou thou leader. I'm hearing reports that Pfizer and Modena could give resistance for years. Nothing about AZ doing the same. But certainly far better to be vaccinated than not. I know some anti-vaxers and have tried to suggest the gamble is far far more against them them those vaccinated, but the world is dominated now by the Qanon mentality.

Your criticism is well placed.

Me too! - Moderna pals fo' lyfe!

Our province (state) is removing more restrictions today. 'state of emergency' to be removed and back to level 3 (lvl 4 is normal).

Masks indoor or outdoor no longer mandatory, can visit friends, go to sporting events, etc.
- Just in time for Canada day(!)

We're confident (I'm hopeful) this wont lead to another spike as .. "More than 78 per cent of adults have received one dose of vaccine, and 32 per cent have been fully immunized." (state govt website)

And today marks the 14 day period from when I got my second shot... so I can resume licking doorknobs with immunity! woohoo!

It'd be nice if Australia could speed up their process so the borders re-open as my Dad is 91...so who knows how much time he has left.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7