Controversy Corner

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Canteen Worker

First Grader
I have another issue for controversy corner - time for News Limited to step down as owners of a football comp.

Decisions in the game are made on what is best for Pay TV, not for the game or general exposure to kids. The Fox 3 debacle, the propping up of teams that noone likes, the lack of attention to junior football and lower grades, the lack of wide exposure to areas of the state.

AFL, Rugby and Soccer are killing league in the media wars and kids are the future of the game. The AFL have most games on free to air as their profile with the audience is their main aim.

A media company running the game is a conflict of interest and it is time to get rid of NEWS whilst there is still time.

They won. When the truce was called, they won.
Dude, Rugby Union (not Rugby, RL is also a Rugby code) is dying & Soccer is a game that can co-exist like cricket does.
Aussie Rules is the only threat & they have done a really good job. If news goes, they'll kill League off. The game needs to grow at an international level. With that, Aussie Rules can't compete.
Bring on the Russians !

Canteen, the ARL were responsible for continuing the inclusion of Souths and the Rorters in the comp, and noone supports them. I have always thought it tragic that teams from Adelaide and Perth were sacrificed in order to 'bring peace to the game'. NEW's support for Townsville and Melbourne are vital for the expansion of the game into those areas and shouldn't be condemned. What needs to happen is a continual move to limit the teams in Sydney to four, Manly, Penrith, St George and the Bulldogs imo. Expansion to South Africa and maybe New Guinea would be interesting. Maybe a team from the Pacific Islands, excluding NZ.

sorry CW, I dont see Union as any threat, the game is dying slowly like Road Kill thats heart has not quite stopped beating yet. If Jonny ONeil cant bring it back from the dead, it will be competing with Basketball and baseball as trendy niche sports.

While we bag the NRL for not doing much with the juniors, Union do 10 times less and its starting to show. The "Old Brigade" are still keeping the Roadkill Wallabies alive , when they all retired ( gregan Larkham etc ) the young blokes there now will struggle to cope.

This at the same time when players like Bowen and Slater dont even get picked for Origin.

AFL on the other hand!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4