Contracts,where to now?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Adz

Reserve Grader
Weekes is off contract end of 23,Koula,Schuster,GCKT,Olakau'atu and S.Fainu end of 24.
We have to keep these 6 guys locked up and need to get the ball rolling soon.
It will not be cheap to re-sign them even with the salary cap increase.
Who do we let go?
For me we have Parker,Harper,Bullemor off contract end of this year that would be hard to justify re-signing.
Tuipulotu,Paseka,Croker,Lawton end of 24 that could be let go,will it be enough?
Think we have to let go of DCE end of 25 no matter if he wants to play on, really wish we had not re-signed Aloisi til 25.

Weekes is off contract end of 23,Koula,Schuster,GCKT,Olakau'atu and S.Fainu end of 24.
Who do we let go?
For me we have Parker,Harper,Bullemor off contract end of this year that would be hard to justify re-signing.
Tuipulotu,Paseka,Croker,Lawton end of 24 that could be let go,will it be enough?
Think we have to let go of DCE end of 25 no matter if he wants to play on, really wish we had not re-signed Aloisi til 25.
agree about keeping the 6

for some time we seem to have a lot of players with no defined position. weeks is looking to be one currently, croker, lawnton, as was walker
with latu and humphries lookng likely

bully parker harper ....gone you would expect

the DCE signing looks to be another example of Des leaving a club with possible cap issues or priority issueas at least. not sure if des was behind that signature though
quite honestly we kept the wrong half. foran at 400k allowed us to bring players in, rest him, whatever.
the above suggests our recruitment is good but DCE creating a logjam of funds is a hinderance to retention. no 2 ways about it and the easiest and most logical fix

benching him, playing him as 14 as an extra hooker may create an environment that encourages him to move on but then we dont have foz the mentor.

the dolphins are the team and they are now, with money, that wont last. either will DCEs value to them

quite the conundrum really,

chez with 3 more years though may just sit tight and watch us wither away the talent

agree about keeping the 6

for some time we seem to have a lot of players with no defined position. weeks is looking to be one currently, croker, lawnton, as was walker
with latu and humphries lookng likely

bully parker harper ....gone you would expect

the DCE signing looks to be another example of Des leaving a club with possible cap issues or priority issueas at least. not sure if des was behind that signature though
quite honestly we kept the wrong half. foran at 400k allowed us to bring players in, rest him, whatever.
the above suggests our recruitment is good but DCE creating a logjam of funds is a hinderance to retention. no 2 ways about it and the easiest and most logical fix

benching him, playing him as 14 as an extra hooker may create an environment that encourages him to move on but then we dont have foz the mentor.

the dolphins are the team and they are now, with money, that wont last. either will DCEs value to them

quite the conundrum really,

chez with 3 more years though may just sit tight and watch us wither away the talent
Chuck in Myers and Fifita off contract at the end of 24 and I just hope we have enough under the cap.
Some tough calls will have to be made soon.

Who do we let go?

Haumole till the end of 2025 btw

• 👍
Reactions: Adz
Yeah certainly have plenty to manage but things like resigning Croker on a 1 year deal make me think they are planning ahead.

Would be great to lock down Weekes shortly and I'd be extending Tuitavake too.

Then attention has to jump to Koula, Gordie and Schuster asap.

Bunch of extra Chez money next year as there is no way he resigned on 1.2 or whatever it was.
True, jeez ...I know it's probably a club and player agreement to keep DCE's final 2yr contract a secret, but sure would love to know how much $s we'll be getting back.

Makes us weaker IMO so don't see why we should
Only if that’s the only option to keep the young guns.

And I’m talking 2024 obviously.

Oh , and I’m not anti DCE like some but he is coming to the end of his career and I’d hate to see us losing say Weekes or Koula because we didn’t have the funds.

Bunch of extra Chez money next year as there is no way he resigned on 1.2 or whatever it was.
Hope you are right. No news about how much we offered a 33yr old another 2 years on top of this year. If it was more than $500/600K per year it was a bad decision.

No idea why we extended Sipley to be honest.

At best he is our 4th prop - although i have him lower.

On crown sports management Instagram Gordon has signed a contract for 2024 upgrade to Top30, I doubt he signed for one year so I think he would be locked up till 2025 or 2026 now just not formally announced

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4