Contingency Plans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
What do you guys think about this?

If Manly miss out on Orford - very serious possibility - use the cash that was meant for him - quite a sum - to pay players in 2006, who could potentially come to us in 2007 as insentive payments with letters of intentions.

For example - Jamie Lyon & Cameron Smith.

There's no point putting that amount of money into fringe reserve grade players playing in a second grade comp. in New Zealand for example, in hope that out of 4-5, we get one good one.

It's been a FULL two years now, and I believe we should have seen some results from Crusher by now. We have Ashley Alberts (good), Kane Cleal, Michael Witt (fair). Other existing Parra players were here already like Scott Donald (I won't go there), Daniel Heckenberg & Shayne Dunley (good).

Do you think paying incentive payments could be a goer. To be honest, if monnas is our 1/2 back for the next three years, we are realistically in trouble. I rate him in that position as high as Joe Williams, who can't break into Souths pack.

This years contingency plans were VERY short term. The Manly Daily stated on the weekend that Pat Wilson said they HAD NO contingency plans if Orford didn't sign with us. That is a real worry for mine.

I think it is time to forget about Orford.Put Witt to halfback with Travis Burns as 5/8 and move Monas to hooker.Why not try it now.Witt might be more creative with the ball first up.Instead of getting stuck with it after Monas ****s himself...Just a thought.

witt is first reciever in games on numerous occasions, if he had it in him he has had ample opportunities, but still nothing.

Witt is younger and hopefully can learn more.Burns has a lot of potential as a 5/8,i dont know why they didn't use him as such on saturday night.Instead of Sam playing there and young Travis playing out of dummy half.Give Witt the halfback role full time and see how it pans out.MM isn't doing the business...

Id say, if we dont sign moanas, everyone get down on their knees and !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray: !pray:

As for Witt at half, I think monas has done enough himself to justify the positional swap.

Somebody on the ME site has just put up that Orford has resigned with Melbourne and we have signed George Rose from the rorter's.Also heard that Ross has signed with Melbourne.I dont know how Melbourne can stay under the cap???

FLip, So youre saying you haven't been watching Witts attacking capabilities................Fair enough!

byso stop ruining our fun alright.........witt and the superhero are on a par in my books,just leave us to bag the superhero in peace ok.......

Yes they do seem to be on par,but with Witt only being 21 he has more improvemnet in him than a 25-26 year old unimaginative half.I didn't know Byso was so touchy about MM???

Just touchy about absurd suggestions. Which don’t make sense. But don’t let me hold you back.

Andrew, byso has a MM quilt set with matching pillow cases if it helps fathom his afection for the bloke.

No worries mate.We are all a bit depressed at our form at the moment.Just the way we started the season we all got a little to carried away with where we would be come finals time.It is very hard seeing the team go backward's and Orford is a pipe dream now.I will be there as usual cheering all the boy's on on sunday.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4