Congratz Raiders fans

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
[img=300x400]http://resources3.news.com.au/images/2010/05/15/1225867/236539-dtsplash-spite-night.jpg[/img]

HOSTILE Raiders fans chanted "cheats" and waved money in front of Melbourne players as the Storm escaped with a hard-fought win thanks to a hat-trick from Greg Inglis.

Making light of the Storm being busted for $1.7 million worth of salary cap rorts, Raiders supporters decided to up the banter aimed at the Melbourne players by offering them cash as they warmed-up.

Angry at several late shots and controversial calls by the referees, fans vented their frustrations in no uncertain terms.

The players have already struggled with being denied the chance to play for competition points because of salary-cap rorting, but nothing could prepare them for the hostility from the stands.

Frustrations boiled over when Melbourne coughed up the ball and White was penalised for a high shot on Jarrod Croker.

It sparked a brawl, which intensified when Blair charged in to single out Terry Campese.

The precision boot of Cooper Cronk continued to put Canberra on the back foot as the Storm gained control.

It was a Cronk chip that set up a 60m play and forced a Canberra dropout.

Then it was left to star centre Inglis to break the deadlock after some quick passing.

Inglis had a second four-pointer near the half-hour mark when a spiral bomb from Cronk was dropped by Raiders winger Daniel Vidot.

Storm pivot Brett Finch pounced on the ball and quickly offloaded for Inglis to trot over.

The home fans were furious after replays suggested the Storm chasers were off-side. And the mood become more dark when Dugan was denied a try five minutes before the break.

Slater knocked on near the Storm tryline before a stumbling Dugan looked to have juggled the ball centimetres from the ground.

However, video referee Phil Cooley ruled a double knock-on.

But the entire match was played on a tinder box, with sections of the crowd waving money in the faces of Melbourne players before the game.

But it was Melbourne who went into the sheds laughing when Finch launched a field goal from 37m for a 13-0 advantage.

The Raiders were boosted by the return of representative centre Joel Monaghan for the first time this season. Monaghan broke his thumb in the first trial game and was rushed straight back on to the left wing.

The fireworks continued in the opening minute of the second half when Blair and Lima were placed on report for upending Raiders hooker Travis Waddell.

The Raiders hit back through Vidot, who ended up with the ball after a Dugan bomb was allowed to bounce.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/raiders-fans-taunt-storm-rorters/story-e6frexni-122586723094

Typical Canberra.  Giving out money left, right and centre to people who already have more than enough.

I love raiders fans. I love how they taunted carney.. And they still had my favourite footy banner ever.. "president Clinton scores again" lolz

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7