Congratulations to the Roosters, 2013 Premiers

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Well done to the Roosters.

There are plenty of threads detailing how we were unlucky/ripped off, but in the end the Chooks still had to front up and take their chances, which they did. They came back from 10 points down in the second half against the toughest of all opponents, which is a fair effort.

My first feelings were to dwell on our misfortunes, but the Chooks did well all year, and they did well yesterday. I still think we were the better team but they got the chockies this time so good luck to them.

They beat us 4 times this year so it seems they have our measure. We should have won once we got a 10 point lead but credit to the roosters for never giving up, two individual bits of brilliance from SBW and Jennings made the difference. They were the best side all season, best attack and best defence. Credit to our guys for making them work hard for it in both the finals game we played.

I can cop losing when its fair and square, but in this instance i am finding it impossible to acknowledge them winning without mentioning the many critical ref decisions that helped them along to winning. Its like i would not be honest if i was to not mention it. Its a 'BUT' that must be included :s

But yeah well done roosters. I would love to have seen the result had the game been adjudicated by a different referee, one with integrity and a fair eye for sport

Lord Eagleton said:
I can cop losing when its fair and square, but in this instance i am finding it impossible to acknowledge them winning without mentioning the many critical ref decisions that helped them along to winning. Its like i would not be honest if i was to not mention it. Its a 'BUT' that must be included :s

But yeah well done roosters. I would love to have seen the result had the game been adjudicated by a different referee, one with integrity and a fair eye for sport

Here here. My thoughts exactly.

It's a tough life being a Manly supporter and I don't expect any sympathy from others. Buckleys chance though that I will ever admit that we were beaten by a better team on the day. Haynes ruined the fair fight.

I won't be congratulating them. There are far too many unanswered questions that need to be answered before I classify the Roosters as legitimate premiers.

1. How do 4 International superstars miraculously find themselves at Bondi Junction and eyebrows aren't raised with the salary cap auditors.
2. How does a team that stands off side all season & is the most penalised in the comp give away only 2 penalties in the decider?
3. How is it possible for the refereeing to be so blatantly biased in the most important game of the year?
4 Why has the ASADA story on the Roosters all of a sudden fallen very conveniently off the radar?

Anyway, apologies for my bitter rant... I'm off for an appointment with Mr Daniels.

Watto1972 said:
I won't be congratulating them. There are far too many unanswered questions that need to be answered before I classify the Roosters as legitimate premiers.

1. How do 4 International superstars miraculously find themselves at Bondi Junction and eyebrows aren't raised with the salary cap auditors.
2. How does a team that stands off side all season & is the most penalised in the comp give away only 2 penalties in the decider?
3. How is it possible for the refereeing to be so blatantly biased in the most important game of the year?
4 Why has the ASADA story on the Roosters all of a sudden fallen very conveniently off the radar?

Anyway, apologies for my bitter rant... I'm off for an appointment with Mr Daniels.

Good questions and the right questions.

The Chooks deserved to win despite the refereeing blunders. We can't expect to win a premiership with the soft defense we showed in the second half.

I still consider this year a success though. We were written off at the start of the year, with some commentators predicting we would miss the finals. We knocked out Souths who might have even gone on to win the premiership, and after a tough finals run still competed well in the grand final. It will be interesting to see how the Chooks go next year especially if they lose SBW. Sea Eagles are still the dominant team of this era and I'm sure we will be in the mix for the premiership again in 2014.

will be interesting to see now,how they can afford to keep Money Bill Williams,hangon,Schubert,politis,silly question,but congrats to them,his break made the difference,the boys managed to keep him well contained in the first half

marooned said:
The Chooks deserved to win despite the refereeing blunders. We can't expect to win a premiership with the soft defense we showed in the second half.
Absolute crap. The soft defence was because we were forced to make extra tackles and use up extra energy in the 1st half that we shouldn't have had to make. These extra tackles were a direct result of refereeing incompetence.

I love all your posts here and many thanks for your well wishes. I have always had the greatest respect for the Manly side. I never forget how many times you guys put 50+ on us over the years! I was even worried before the GF you'd do the same and when you went in again after the penalty try I thought we might fold and a score blowout ensue.

Thanks Manly for a memorable grand final. Thanks for beating Souths. Love watching your team play. Sorry it wasn't your day but you win the comp every 2 years whereas for us we've waited 11 years. You have a great fan base decent folk.

Congratulations to Cherry Evans. He's a fantastic player and congratulations on his selection to the Australian side. He's one of my most favourite players. This is a terrific forum thanks for having me here. Welcoming me here shows Manly fans are all class.

Watto1972 said:
Absolute crap. The soft defence was because we were forced to make extra tackles and use up extra energy in the 1st half that we shouldn't have had to make. These extra tackles were a direct result of refereeing incompetence.

No denying the incompetence. But the try in the 55th minute was incredibly soft and a turning point in the game.

Moondog said:
Yes, congratulations to all the Roosters fans, except for the curiously named detinusdeel who can go f**k himself.
And that c**ksu*ker over on the Chook Pen who is displaying such grace in winning by referring to the Stewart brothers as Mongos. Really classy stuff. Your mum must be so proud of you.

DNA said:
I love all your posts here and many thanks for your well wishes. I have always had the greatest respect for the Manly side. I never forget how many times you guys put 50+ on us over the years! I was even worried before the GF you'd do the same and when you went in again after the penalty try I thought we might fold and a score blowout ensue.

Thanks Manly for a memorable grand final. Thanks for beating Souths. Love watching your team play. Sorry it wasn't your day but you win the comp every 2 years whereas for us we've waited 11 years. You have a great fan base decent folk.

Congratulations to Cherry Evans. He's a fantastic player and congratulations on his selection to the Australian side. He's one of my most favourite players. This is a terrific forum thanks for having me here. Welcoming me here shows Manly fans are all class.

You bring class, you get class. I appreciate you not turning up to troll, unlike some other clubs fans of recent seasons...

DNA is probably the best ever " other club" fan who has been on here, all class and humility.

Most choose to be dickheads and get pissed off from the forum quickly.

@DNA you mate are welcome anytime

You also have a great side, most teams would have folded last night when we stormed back.... not yours...... a bloody gutsy effort!!!

Moondog said:
Yes, congratulations to all the Roosters fans, except for the curiously named detinusdeel who can go f**k himself.

You'll find that it's Leeds United backwards.

I don't think you could deny they have been the most consistent side all year and deserve their win.

But what we achieved for a side that was, from all reports, "too old and probably won't make the 8" was phenomenal.

I have to agree with those raising eyebrows at their additions this year. Maybe O'Donnell accepted less to come home, but there is no way Money Bill, Jennings and Moloney aren't on decent coin. If they sign Ferguson, I'll give it away.

Can you imagine if this HGH thing comes to be ? Man there will be some blow ups of monumental proportions.

But all things said, they are the only team that would have fought back from 10 down.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7