Congratulations to Manly Management

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I am extremely pleased to see decisive and correct action from our management RE John Hopoate.

We have not taken the Bulldogs approach of hushing everything up, in-house suspensions etc.

Nor have we made soft excuses for the bloke - who should not and has not been protected from the consequences of his recklessness.

No doubt this was a hard decision to make. A bloke who has played passionatley for the club (when not suspended or chasing $). A family man who is by all accounts gentle off the field.

However, sentiment has not ruled the day over practicality. The whole club has been continuosly tarnsihed by the actions of one man and this is not something that can be left to happen indefinetely.

For those accusing others of disloyalty for wanting Hoppa to face the full consequences of what he has done - remember this:

The future of this club depends on the kind of decision making that has been displayed in the last 72 hours. I think it is the board and management that deserves our respect and loyalty, not one man who has done much to disgrace and tarnish our brand.

I saw Cummings behind the main grandstand at half time and he did not look at all happy. Two games and two incidents and the team under great pressure. He was in heated discussions and I believe the decision had been made by then. It really was the only option.

The management has handled this case extrememly well.

This mornings reports on the MANLY club have been extremely positive and hopefully they have reduced the negatives to come out of this re the club

If there's a silver lining in the Hopoate cloud it's that the club management has regained respect in the wider arena of public opinion.

We haven't had that since the Arko days.

Maybe Cummings isn't a Manly fan?

Btw, this whole situation was handled superbly by management :clap: :clap: :clap: .
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Wed Mar 23 2005, 09:31AM ]</span>

They've had lots of practise when it comes to Hoppa.

Did anyone else have deja vu when they saw Cummings, Zorba and co walking witrh Hoppa to the judiciary?

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4