Congrats all our rep players! Tolu, Haumole, Christian etc

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
How good to see the PNG boys giving Kikau the treatment. I don’t know how many times Laybutt has dropped him, and he’s got one hell of a boot on him.
Olam burning them on the outside to set up Lam.
I just love the intensity PNG play at. Do they just run at brick walls at training practice?

It was a good game that one and I'm glad the Kumuls won. They just run hard and straight those lads and hit hard in defence. They certainly shut Waqa Blake up, which was great to see as he was lipping off all game.

The Fijian hymn at the end was fantastic too.

How good to see the PNG boys giving Kikau the treatment. I don’t know how many times Laybutt has dropped him, and he’s got one hell of a boot on him.
Olam burning them on the outside to set up Lam.
I just love the intensity PNG play at. Do they just run at brick walls at training practice?
Olam the complete package what a footballer. Didn’t know he was that quick and the left foot grubber for the lam try was outstanding. 👏

Olam the complete package what a footballer. Didn’t know he was that quick and the left foot grubber for the lam try was outstanding. 👏
You can understand why he has god like status back in PNG.
watching the replay of him setting up lam, I thought, I hope Saab and Tippytoes are watching this.

What most of the Pacifica countries (excluding NZ) lacked was ball playing/game managing halves or dummy halves. Many of the halves selected don't play regularly in that position and most had poor kicking games. Without effective halves, it will be very difficult for these teams to win games against the Tier One nations. There are a couple of current elite Pacifica halves, but they play for NSW - Luai & Api. For the World Cup, I presume they will need to declare their allegiances.

There are some very good Pacifica halves coming through who haven't made it to NRL yet, e.g. Katoa (Panthers - signed with Dolphins) & Latu Fainu.

What most of the Pacifica countries (excluding NZ) lacked was ball playing/game managing halves or dummy halves. Many of the halves selected don't play regularly in that position and most had poor kicking games. Without effective halves, it will be very difficult for these teams to win games against the Tier One nations. There are a couple of current elite Pacifica halves, but they play for NSW - Luai & Api. For the World Cup, I presume they will need to declare their allegiances.

There are some very good Pacifica halves coming through who haven't made it to NRL yet, e.g. Katoa (Panthers - signed with Dolphins) & Latu Fainu.
Plenty of runners but not many playmakers

Thought the assessment of Koula's game was a bit harsh. Apart from a couple of handling errors I thought he caught the kicks well and ran hard all game. He is only 19 and the Tongan team were under the pump all game due NZ's territorial advantage. Swap Manu and Koula and I think he may have looked pretty good.

Tuipolatu was excellent and did a lot of very tough runs. A very safe, yardage winger.

Manly's Rep report card:
Foz - short cameo at dummy half, handled it with aplomb
Haumole - only short minutes but made an impact when he came on, will benefit from the experience
Koula - I thought he was excellent in a tough position with his team mostly on the back foot due to its poor kicking, will benefit from the experience
Tuipulotu - a standout for Tonga, will never be playing reserve grade again (no matter who is available!)
Schu - not top quality opposition and did some great moves, but a couple of errors too, will be better for the run
Aloiai - knocked out, ouch
Marty - played pretty strongly
Sipley - probably had fun in camp
Jake - tremendous performance, gave the lie to claims on Silvertails that he's now merely a plodder
DCE - mostly kicked well, not much opportunity to shine in attack with possession running 60:40 to the Blues

Summary - We've lost Aloia, hopefully not too many long term consequences but it wasn't a good one. Aside from that, everyone did well, our young players will definitely take a lot from the experience.
Manly's best in rep round - Jake and Christian!

Manly's Rep report card:
Foz - short cameo at dummy half, handled it with aplomb
Haumole - only short minutes but made an impact when he came on, will benefit from the experience
Koula - I thought he was excellent in a tough position with his team mostly on the back foot due to its poor kicking, will benefit from the experience
Tuipulotu - a standout for Tonga, will never be playing reserve grade again (no matter who is available!)
Schu - not top quality opposition and did some great moves, but a couple of errors too, will be better for the run
Aloiai - knocked out, ouch
Marty - played pretty strongly
Sipley - probably had fun in camp
Jake - tremendous performance, gave the lie to claims on Silvertails that he's now merely a plodder
DCE - mostly kicked well, not much opportunity to shine in attack with possession running 60:40 to the Blues

Summary - We've lost Aloia, hopefully not too many long term consequences but it wasn't a good one. Aside from that, everyone did well, our young players will definitely take a lot from the experience.
Manly's best in rep round - Jake and Christian!
Great summation. Jake & Tippy toes outstanding. Koula had a tough night but he has so much character. Not only is he a great athlete, more importantly he is an out and out footballer. We must hang onto him.

Guess that is going to be the dilemma going forward and with Turbo eventually available again and a fully available squad . , How to fit in or the best option between Garrick , Tippy toes , Saab , Parker and Harper in the 3 / 4 line , given that Koula would have to be a start up centre. . if Saab can find just that bit more consistency and get back a higher proportion of attacking opportunities , sure that Tippy toes can be just as impressive as a centre as on the wing . Not a lot of bench options either , maybe Parker . Seem to have a good array of candidates in the prop and outside backs department going forward , even back row . 6 and 13 seem the positions that may need some some extra consideration but first things first and to try and maximize the opportunities and season goals this season .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6