Confirmed Signings - MSE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DVS Matt

Bencher
SEA EAGLES SIGNING NEWS
30/07/2007
By Manly Sea Eagles

The Manly Sea Eagles today went a long way to securing its player strength for the future with a bulk resigning and new signing announcement. Manly today announced it had come to terms with the following current players:

* Jason King (3 years)
* Steve Matai (3 years)
* Glenn Hall (2 years)
* Adam Cuthbertson (3 years)

In addition the club confirmed the signing of the following players:

* Josh Perry (Newcastle front rower) for 3 years.
* Heath L'Estrange (Roosters hooker) 2 years

Manly Chief Executive Grant Mayer said the club was delighted with the signings on top of the club's most successful NRL campaign in 10 years. "The signings will ensure the Sea Eagles continue the path of recent seasons as one of the top teams in the NRL.
"It is significant to note that we are retaining players from our current in form side and adding class players to our roster. "Players are eager to play in the maroon and white again which is a tribute to the coaching staff who have done such a professional job under Des Hasler in recent seasons" Mr.Mayer said.

Good to see Glen Hall risk a years contract to prove he is worth it, to get rewarded with a 2 year deal.

He has improved out of sight since joining us.

King has completely turned it around and today is one of the best props in the game. Nice to also see us tie up Cuthbo, away from the vultures. Hall has been solid and Matai needs to convince me of his value. All the same this is good news and a continuing commitment to stay with the team they have already moulded.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does that mean apart from Beaver the whole current team is tied up for at least two more seasons. Apart from the Monas and Hicksy who are off overseas of course. The only one I'm not sure on is Robbo.

Good news, the only new signing is Heath.

Does this mean Ballin spends another year in PL ;)

Good to see Clonta got it right with Cuthbo signing :)

Don't know if MSE ever officially announced if a player by the name of Matt Orford was signing with us or not. Can anyone confirm if he has joined our playing roster?? ;)

Good news, the only new signing is Heath.

Does this mean Ballin spends another year in PL ;)

Josh Perry is from Newcastle so he would be a new signing as well. :D

Ballin will be in firsts next year with Le Strange as back up.

Looks like Mellonhead was on the money with Cuthbo.

I didnt say he wasnt staying Byso. All I said was, it wasnt a done deal. The eagles had to up their offer significantly to keep him.

and mellonhead never said he had signed either but if you want to play double standards this is the place

Come on lads....it's all positive news...lets not side track the issue as to who was right, and who was wrong.

I just want to bask in the bliss it is to be a Manly fan at the moment.

Our bench next year is almost scary....and I struggle to see how all the players will get a shot !!! I can't complain though....

Creagh resigned with the Dragons last year for another 2 or 3 years, so unless they give him a release then it's highly unlikely. How many posts did this "sb" character have ?? You need at least 20,000 + posts to carry any weight over there, so i'd say it's a bit of chain yanking

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2