Confirmed Parade Route

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
ssar said:
That looks great, I'll be taking Annual Leave off work & driving down & back from Newcastle for the day.

How would people recommend getting from Brookie to the Manly Beach area whilst the team parade travels there?
I'm hoping to see them @ Brookie around 11am, then travel down to Manly Beach and cheer them on as well as they continue in thier carts etc. down there.

Also lookin' forward to spending some time @ Manly Leagues club, including one of those food specials they have for that day etc.

Does the MWSE Store in the carpark opposite the Leagues Club plan to be open then also? If not, it may consider doing so if possible.

Manly Warringah Champions 2011!

Im also taking the day off to go & would LOVE to go to both sites. But I will be coming on Public transport & not sure I would make it to see both & also trying to find a space at The Corso may be a little hard. 2008 I went to Brookie & wish I had of gone to the Corso as they spent longer time there. I may just do the corso thing... Either way its going to be AWESOME!!!!!

SeaEagle007 said:
is will hopoate goin be there?? do you boo him or do you cheer him.
Cheer him, but let's keep the Hoppa stuff to one of the many Hoppa threads eh.

byso said:
Cmon guys he's got $1.7mill reasons to leave. What would you do if your getting $400k extra per year?
Also he played a huge part in the finals series and GF
He deserves to be cheered imo
Exactly byso, I agree. (But let's keep the Hoppa stuff to one of the many Hoppa threads eh.)

/ontopic

If anyone would like a lift from Newcastle (Warner's Bay via Toronto area) down & back to the Brookie/Manly area tomorrow PM me asap & I'll see what I can do.

ssar said:
Does the MWSE Store in the carpark opposite the Leagues Club plan to be open then also? If not, it may consider doing so if possible.

Of course it will be open. It's been open all day every day and doing a roaring trade, so tomorrow will be no different. I got my Premiers t-shirt there yesterday and they had heaps of stock, so much so they're in a separate room next to the shop.

spoook says on FB the he will have "guess What Manly hates you" t-shirts for sale today at the corso during the parade for $20

THE Sea Eagles will stop at Brookvale Oval today before heading to Manly for a victory parade at noon.

Sea Eagles CEO David Perry said the players would stop at Brookvale at 11am for a 30-minute reception.

The players will assemble at the top of the grandstand and there will be short speeches before they leave for a parade in Manly.

Warringah Mayor Michael Regan said it was a great opportunity for fans to congratulate the team for its grand final win. Afterwards the players will take part in a tickertape parade starting at the Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific Hotel at noon.

Players will arrive in an open-top bus before getting into golf buggies for the parade that will travel down The Corso.

Fans are encouraged to dress in club colours.

Manly Mayor Jean Hay will greet the players at Manly Town Hall and a civic reception will take place about 12.30pm.

There will be speeches from captain Jamie Lyon and coach Des Hasler.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/accolades-for-parade-of-heroes/

Phoenix said:
Wow all the fans that are going to miss out... Heavens knows why they don't plan it for the Saturday or Sunday and make a real day of it and give all fans the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations.

It's because it is not a money maker for the club. If it was something, such as the awards nights, which makes the club money through ticket sales then it would definitely be on at a time when the maximum amount of people can attend. Seeing as though it is not a money maker, they don't care who can or can't go.

bones said:
Phoenix said:
Wow all the fans that are going to miss out... Heavens knows why they don't plan it for the Saturday or Sunday and make a real day of it and give all fans the opportunity to enjoy the celebrations.

It's because it is not a money maker for the club. If it was something, such as the awards, which makes the club money through ticket sales then it would definitely be on at a time when the maximum amount of people can attend. Seeing as though it is not a money maker, they don't care who can or can't go.

Shame they think like that Bones..my boy would of loved to have gone and prob would of spend another small fortune on merchandise.

To all going today hope it's a great day... And the weather holds off...

Would suggest the logistics of doing it at manly on a weekend result in the Thursday parade.

Have you tried to park there on a weekend? let alone organise for that many people?

Then again it could just be a conspiracy

Was at the brookvale oval fan reception this morning at 11am and have some pics & info to upload later when I get a moment.

I was also fortunate enough to speak to David Perry for about 5 mins as we were all waiting for the team to arrive - I just rocked up introduced myself and had a chat to him. This was enlightening and David is a very interesting and articulate gentleman. Spoke about the membership and merchandising initiatives, Larissa, Zorba, that sort of thing, more soon

Unfortunately haven't got a spare moment right now (always the problem when you work for yourself) but will post up some details and pics soon.

Strangely, I got a funny slightly flat vibe from the team both as they were sitting in the grandstand and also afterwards while they were waiting outside in the bus before it took off on its way to Manly. Probably a few understandable reasons for this (Hoppa & Zorba leaving etc)...at least I hope that's all

It was a VERY different overall vibe compared to the 2008 fan day! By that I mean almost completely the opposite....might mean nothing much at all but I still don't know what to make of this......

Hooroo from your roving reporter

They were all in detox mode :p
The Corso was chockers, at least 5,000. The Players seemed more alert.

Got my 'Guess what- Manly hates you too' T-shirt
A soon to be classic line :)

I only went to Brookie but decided to drive through the Corso and holy crap, the streets were CHOCKERS!

I think it was like 20 minutes they were at Brookie for.. I didn't go in 08 so I have nothing to compare it to but it was all very quick. But was good to see the boys for one last time this year.

Drove down from Newie for the day, went to the MWSE Shop, Fortress Brookie, the Corso & the Leagues Club.

Had a great day, was awesome to see so much Maroon & White!

Enjoyed walking on the Hallowed Turf @ Brookie again, was envisioning various MWSE players making thier plays, kick-throughs, scoring tries and kicking goals etc. as I wandered around.
There were quite a few people there, with lots of flags, and lots of kids - great to see.
I, too, thought the players' vibe was a bit flat for much of the time they were there - though Kitey sure wasn't with the mic in hand, that was great him getting the crowd to cheer etc.
I did manage to shake a few players' hands, get a few closer-up photos but it wasn't easy - many people are dissapointed that there was no organized signings nor fans meet'n'greet there.
Other than that it was great to cheer on Manly Warringah!

I drove down to the Manly/Corso area, snagged a reasonably close park about 4 or 5 blocks back from the beach and wandered down just as the team were starting to drive off in the golf buggies.
There was a massive crowd all around there - again so great to see so many Manly supporters, Maroon & White, flags and so on.
There seemed to be an overall pretty good vibe from all, including the players during all of the corso parade, a lot of people managed to get pretty close to thier stars, shake thier hands, and get a few signings whilst they moved along slowly in thier buggies.
Again I also managed to shake a few players' hands, get a few closer-up photos but again it wasn't easy - many people were further dissapointed that there was no organized signings.

Honestly, whoever organized it all should have tried to get another hour or so out of the boys - I expect they wouldn't have minded, for a half-hour fans meet'n'greet on the grass @ Brookie and another half-hour allocated during thier corso buggy parade for them all to just stop more and allow fans to shake hands, get stuff signed and get some photos.

It'd be really great if the team players were organized for signings for a couple of hours at the Brookvale Show day @ Brookie this Sunday - so far there seems to be no such plans.

That aside, it was fantastic to be there, congratulate many of the boys as I managed to get close to, see the area decorated with Maroon & White, have a beer @ a local pub there for the 1st time in years, and have a swim @ Manly beach for the 1st time in ages too.

Will be proudly flying my new pair of car flags from the MWSE shop (among a few other things I bought there) on my car around Newcastle for a while to come.

sounds like a great day, I heard over 5000 people at the Corso so would have beenhuge!! Hope memberships and gear was selling good!! Great idea about Brookvale show!! We have to not now go to sleep!! Abit more marketing of the best in the nrl and possibly the world has to happen!!

There must be a few players around for the show, surely not everyone is heading away!!

IT WAS AWESOME!!!!!! So good to see the boys. Got to the corso at 9.30am just to take in the atmosphere & watch it slowly fill with maroon & white. It was the best thing to see the sea of MANLY SEA EAGLES fans ebbing the boys along in the golf carts. I went to Brookie in 08 but the corso was much better for seeing & getting up close & personal with the boys!

brookiegreg said:
Was at the brookvale oval fan reception this morning at 11am and have some pics & info to upload later when I get a moment.

I was also fortunate enough to speak to David Perry for about 5 mins as we were all waiting for the team to arrive - I just rocked up introduced myself and had a chat to him. This was enlightening and David is a very interesting and articulate gentleman. Spoke about the membership and merchandising initiatives, Larissa, Zorba, that sort of thing, more soon

Unfortunately haven't got a spare moment right now (always the problem when you work for yourself) but will post up some details and pics soon.

Strangely, I got a funny slightly flat vibe from the team both as they were sitting in the grandstand and also afterwards while they were waiting outside in the bus before it took off on its way to Manly. Probably a few understandable reasons for this (Hoppa & Zorba leaving etc)...at least I hope that's all

It was a VERY different overall vibe compared to the 2008 fan day! By that I mean almost completely the opposite....might mean nothing much at all but I still don't know what to make of this......

I'm interested to learn what you were enlightened about and will wait with baited breath. Good on you for meeting David Perry - I wouldn't know him if I fell over him.

I too thought the players were quite subdued at Brookie but I put that down to celebrations since the GF taking their toll. However, the exception was Kitey who really surprised me about how upbeat he was. (He said he was sober and I know he's a teetotaler but I did wonder!) Rosey was pretty lively too.

One observation I read somewhere that I agree with is this week we've seen Brett smile more times than in the last 2 years. Too true!

Also nice read ssar - glad you had a great day yesterday and making the day trip was very worthwhile.

AFTER four days of partying, the mighty Manly Sea Eagles rolled into town today- and there was no sign of the celebrations slowing down for the thousands of fans who turned out for a civic reception on The Corso.

aebd17583b961ba5bff8964ae86e433c_resized.jpg

Fans young and old donned their maroon and white gear and jostled for one more glimpse of their grand final heroes before the players finally give their bruised and battered bodies a well-earned rest.

The players arrived in an open double-decker bus at noon and carried the NRL trophy on to waiting golf carts, which crawled through the crowds lined along The Corso to a civic reception at Manly Town Hall.

d717360474614e34249cbad726a3ed9a_resized.jpg

Brett Stewart, who has smiled more in the past week than he has in two years, high-fived fans along the way. Anthony Watmough brought his buggy to a halt so he could sign the shirts and jerseys for youngsters.

“(The players) were quite moved and couldn’t believe it, when we arrived back at Brookvale Oval on Sunday night with the trophy in hand, that there were 3500-4000 people there to welcome them,” coach Des Hasler told the emotional crowd to a huge round of cheers.

``We can’t thank you enough for that.’‘

24deb778296d97f3fbd8ba09a9b8cea9_resized.jpg

Captain Jamie Lyon also thanked fans for turning out to the games this season.

``We just want to thank you for your support, especially at Brookvale on the hill,’’ he said.

Manly Mayor Jean Hay dubbed her beloved Sea Eagles the ``greatest football team in the world’’ at yesterday’s reception for the NRL premiership winners.

She said the team had proved their critics wrong this season and hoped the side could bring the trophy home to Manly again next year.

``Without question the Manly Sea Eagles of 2011 have added another glorious chapter in Manly and the northern beaches’ unrivalled sporting heritage,’’ she said.

``Let the whingers, knockers and envious say what they like.

``As the loyal Manly fan’s banner aptly says `everyone hates us, and we don’t care’.’‘

At the civic reception the players were also greeted by a host of dignitaries including Manly MP Mike Baird, Warringah Mayor Michael Regan and officials from the Sea Eagles.

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/news/story/wooohoooo/

[attachment=189][attachment=188][attachment=187][attachment=186]

Attachments

• Fan Day 2011 015.jpg
    5.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Fan Day 2011 019.jpg
  • Fan Day 2011 024.jpg
  • Fan Day 2011 045.jpg

Latest posts