Comprehensive

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
That is all.

Best part was seeing 7 guys chase down a Bulldogs break when leading by 38 and 3 minutes to play. Little things like that show the team attitude.

Yeah your right mate, our defensive attitude was Stgeorge like and our attack is the best in the comp as it stands. Every player put in 100% Foran and DCE are clearly the form halves of the comp and our backline is right up there too. The best thing was our forward pack, i have been critical of our forwards but they were sensational tonight.

Matabele said:
That is all.

Best part was seeing 7 guys chase down a Bulldogs break when leading by 38 and 3 minutes to play. Little things like that show the team attitude.

Agreed. I noticed the hunger they had to make it 60 nil, they were back slappin' and calling to each other to lift in the last few minutes too....

Awesome effort from a halves pairing that were supposedly suspect. Throw in Hoppa Jnr, Buhrer, Robinson and plenty more who haven't even stepped up (Lussick, Oldfield, Palau, Rodney, Whare) and it is all looking good.

Best performance i've seen since the semi final and GF period 08----simple effective straight go forward allowed us to establish good field position which inturn allowed an even more aggressive defensive approach deep in their half. Yes dominant defence camped them inside their half at the start as well but the go forward effort early in the half really was encouraging to see.

I've always been of the belief your go forward and attack lays the platform to dominating field position and dominating possession feeding into good defence due to reduced fatigue levels---most people are of the belief good defence feeds into good attack but its just a matter of opinion i guess.

Right side attack still has a way to go and bad habits of sideways movement were creeping in again during the second half--yes we were so far ahead but being ruthless is ignoring the temptation of playing pretty and being totally focussed on the original plan from start to finish but i wont hold it against them.

Missed the second 20min of the first half so will have to go back and watch the few tries i missed.

Another pleasing aspect of our play the past few weeks is the increased urgency to get off the tackled player reducing our penalty counts against us.(one of the areas i've been critical of Manly being stuck in the wrestle slow down era) There is a risk we go too far and allow the pace of the game to get beyond the capacity of our larger forwards but so far it looks good and personally i dont think Dessie would allow it to get too quick anyway.

Great effort still annoyed with our right side attacking plays but loving DCE going to the line drawing and feeding into a robust Rose. Too many of our tries are out wide---- nice to see a try a little closer to the middle without the fancy sweeping plays all the time.

Matabele said:
That is all.

Said the same thing to my mate who follows the dogs, we hitting them(dogs last 10 mins) just as hard as what we did in the 1st 10minutes, & we up by over 30 :p..

ayjay007 said:
Ditto.I think we have our best actual teamwork for ages.shades of 2007/08

thats what it looks like to me ... ;)

Darren said:
Joe only played 27 minutes?? seemed like longer, and trex 62 minutes which is great!!

He seems more suited for the forwards(Trex).. he was solid . probably his most consistent game so far with us..

Good to see the effort even when so far up

Same for when Barba scored, to see Matai coming full tilt from the other side of the field when he had no chance to get there was a good sign

When they scored it was the best part of the game.....NOT that they scored but the absolute rush of players busting their guts to stop it.....at that stage the game didn't have long to go, much easier just to say...."he's through ok let's pull up"....but no about 6 or 7 of them came from everywhere to try and stop the try.....absolutly awsome stuff....the stuff that wins BIG games!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4