come on this is bs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Pacman

Fair dinkum,How can we loose Perry.  Farrar. Lama Tasi, Baily .Hodkinson?Sign absolutely no one.Then be told we cant even sign Hall on a 2nd tier contract.
What a joke,What a joke get another accountant this is crap.Look we cant get Hall but souths can swap champion for Englis and still sign Burgess and all his brothers and last year dragons get gasnier on top of the roster they already had.How far over the cap were we if you can loose 5 players and resign no one?.Dogs just keep signing them as well bought half of brisbane 2 yrs ago now they got pritchard hodkinson eastwood.We Need some forward backup if kite or king go down early we are fair dinkum fkd

Wall of textish however you have to take into account how much extra dough people get in the next contract for winning a GF,That is part of the storms problem last year

Wolf went from 50k to 180ishk

just look at our squad and youll see the answer as to why we cant afford to buy players, the likes of watmough,Lyon,King,Kite,Trex are on fair good money, the problem is our club doesnt hand out minimum wage, they go for the in between wages or full blown buy a mansion package !

FFS Pacman, how many times do we have to have this same thing posted?

Do you really think that those players aren't gone because they're the expendable ones?
Are you really too stupid to see that we've pretty much kept all the players worth keeping, upped their contracts to ensure they stay & paid for it by offloading the dead wood?
You say we've signed nobody but we've done better than sign players from other clubs, we've brought players up from the junior ranks.

I love the direction the club has gone in as far as player retention/recruitment/promotion is concerned. It's the one thing that can't be whinged about yet for some reason you want to.

Did the '08 grand final upset you too?

Duff link said:
FFS Pacman, how many times do we have to have this same thing posted?

Do you really think that those players aren't gone because they're the expendable ones?
Are you really too stupid to see that we've pretty much kept all the players worth keeping, upped their contracts to ensure they stay & paid for it by offloading the dead wood?
You say we've signed nobody but we've done better than sign players from other clubs, we've brought players up from the junior ranks.

I love the direction the club has gone in as far as player retention/recruitment/promotion is concerned. It's the one thing that can't be whinged about yet for some reason you want to.

Did the '08 grand final upset you too?

THANK YOU!! Someone finally said it!! We did a good thing this year. We retained our superstars/internationals and retained some juniors for our future. How many clubs can say they did that? A lot of clubs buy players for their 2 year reign at the top before losing them. Souths have bulked themselves up to get a quick premiership. Watch what happens in 2 years when they have to get rid of players and haven't won a title.

Why do we have to buy superstars every single year? If the team on the whole is working well together, why don't you just retain those players and build up your juniors force.

In saying this we did buy players. We bought 2 forwards and a halfback. These guys are lesser known so they were cheap. However they are very good players...and they have been brought in for injuries and suspensions, something we struggled with last year.

I can guarantee if we're near the top people like yourself Pacman will be eating humble pie. Also, don't forget we lose Big Joe at the end of this season to retirement and Tony, Ballin and Kite's contracts are up for renewal this year. No money if we want to keep our team together.

As the Aussie cricketers are learning: a great team is one made up of players that have worked together for a long time. More experience with each other gets greater results.

It is a little strange we can't even offer Hall a minimum contract seeing as there was talk we were on the brink of signing Brett Finch (maybe we still might) but I'm pretty happy with the squad we have. As Duff said, we kept our superstars, resigned a couple of juniors and bought a couple of lower grade players to add to our depth. Yes, we might be short a prop or 2, but we have some quality backrowers and to be honest, we looked a little slow last year, so having more mobility in the forwards is fine by me.

from what I recall all clubs got about $300k extra on the cap etc to spend, have we already spent that?

BErKeLEy_eAgLe link said:
from what I recall all clubs got about $300k extra on the cap etc to spend, have we already spent that?

I thought part of it was going to be used with re-signing Matai - that was the reason why the negotiaitions were delayed so long. I also would guess that some would have gone to DCE too. I would be surprised if it is all gone though.

Maybe we have front loaded a few contracts for a couple of big money signings next year. Basically we have no idea what they are up to, just like we have no idea if the Dogs etc have back ended a few of their contracts.

How about you just get behind and support your team in the upcoming season instead of whinging about everything.

Copa Eagle link said:
just look at our squad and youll see the answer as to why we cant afford to buy players, the likes of watmough,Lyon,King,Kite,Trex are on fair good money, the problem is our club doesnt hand out minimum wage, they go for the in between wages or full blown buy a mansion package !

I think this is a good point.  In the era of the salary cap winning premierships is all about picking up players below their value (and praying that the big name players don't get injured).

The players on minimum wage/low money can turn a semi-final side into a premiership winning team.  Wolfie, Robbo, Ballin and others were on peanuts in 2008 but they played like they were internationals on $300K contracts in the 2008 finals series.  Now they are on wages that reflect their performances in 2008 but they are not playing as well as they were then (or in Wolfie's case, he's not playing at all!).

The problem with our current squad is that I don't think any players would be being paid below their value (hopefully DCE will prove to be the exception and maybe a few other young guys will step up).  Some players are imo probably being paid well above what they are really worth.  This may be a bi-product of winning a premiership, but I think it could have been managed better.

Rex link said:
Without a major sponsor, do we have the money to meet the cap?
TBH, I had doubts about that even when we had a major sponsor.
I know we have players on large back ended contracts but surely we have some room? No money, no honey.

Most players contracts were backended.

It's the nature of the NRL salary cap in the modern league. We put together a great team that made a brilliant Premiership run in 08 & by all rights probably should've won another if not for outside events that influenced the team. Now we're paying for having that great team.

Soon enough it'll even back out & we'll be in a position to spend money to get another great team, it's frustrating that things have to happen in a cycle like that but it seems thats the way that the NRL wants it.

Wolfpack link said:

It's the nature of the NRL salary cap in the modern league. We put together a great team that made a brilliant Premiership run in 08 & by all rights probably should've won another if not for outside events that influenced the team. Now we're paying for having that great team.

Soon enough it'll even back out & we'll be in a position to spend money to get another great team, it's frustrating that things have to happen in a cycle like that but it seems thats the way that the NRL wants it.
good point wolfy  , but our cycles always are the shortest.. look at broncos  took nearly 12yrs for their cycle to come around & what about melb had they not investigated them who knows how long they would have been going for ... i want st geaorges cycle to end this season thy had their glory they cant wait another 36yrs lol..

Wolfpack link said:

Exactly we've got a few players coming off contract this year, so might have a bit to play with this season. But that'll mean we lose a few players as well.

javascript:void(0);

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294888261[/time]

The daead horse is well and truly whipped!!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1294888318[/time]

Dead horse even

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8