Collingwood

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Whilst you might not be able to compare NRL to AFL Susan's point is still valid. You take 4 class international players from a side you will struggle.

My question is really how much time we give the new forwards before we try others as our new backups/rebuilders?(btw, whatever happened to Ray Majouli?). Maybe in fairness to the new crop it did take watmough, G. Stewart, T-rex a while to come good.

Its not just the NSW Cup players I refer to Susan, but the hardheads like Watmough & King to lay a platform inspiring these youngsters to a higher level like the Penrith game where they played simple & direct.
The Penrith fowards were pummelled into submission & made to look ordinary. They also had some handy rep players like Luke Lewis, Jennings ,Mcnamara & Coote yet were dominated in the middle by Seaeagles ruthless 80 minute display & I am highly suprised if you could not see a definate difference of intensity between the Penrith/Titans games.

Take 4 players of the class of these guys out of any side for a prolonged period and you will lose most games you play.It is almost a 50 50 bet every game every week even with full strength rosters so how we expect our team to win with all their stars out is beyond me,particularly with zero depth in lower grades like us-spoon in both grades last year.

We are

1.Not used to losing and dont like it(nor should we)
2.Way overrating the players that fill in.even when we are at full strength our bench is only average.With players out it is the worst in the NRL by some way at the moment.

The cavalry is coming and when it arrives all will be well given luck.2013 onwards will be tough but that is the nature of rebuilding.

MK I did see a difference in intensity for sure.That is because ordinary players like our subs cannot maintain week to week intensity which is very common( particularly when young).The hardest thing for a young reserve grader to do is turn up every week in the NRL.Add to that older players who are tired from a nightmare draw and you get what you get -inconsistency and losses that seem strange but are absolutely normal in my book.

I am not worried re our losses thus far assuming we get a decent run with injury from here.The only worry I have is that half the team have won 2 gfs already.

G-Land Express, I think Ray M is playing for the Dogs. We didn't offer him a contract. Susan it's hard to argue against your logic.

susan said:
Take 4 players of the class of these guys out of any side for a prolonged period and you will lose most games you play.It is almost a 50 50 bet every game every week even with full strength rosters so how we expect our team to win with all their stars out is beyond me,particularly with zero depth in lower grades like us-spoon in both grades last year.

We are

1.Not used to losing and dont like it(nor should we)
2.Way overrating the players that fill in.even when we are at full strength our bench is only average.With players out it is the worst in the NRL by some way at the moment.

The cavalry is coming and when it arrives all will be well given luck.2013 onwards will be tough but that is the nature of rebuilding.

MK I did see a difference in intensity for sure.That is because ordinary players like our subs cannot maintain week to week intensity which is very common( particularly when young).The hardest thing for a young reserve grader to do is turn up every week in the NRL.Add to that older players who are tired from a nightmare draw and you get what you get -inconsistency and losses that seem strange but are absolutely normal in my book.

I am not worried re our losses thus far assuming we get a decent run with injury from here.The only worry I have is that half the team have won 2 gfs already.

Susan - see merit in the missing stars but I was more referring to our experienced fowards, going sideways trying to tip on every ruck without any direct punch & to me that was THE major reason for the demise.
A simple gameplan with a gritty attitude from our experienced players sets the platform for the youngsters to follow & another 2 points.

No doubt they could have done it better.We'll just have to agree to disagree.I just see tired veterans and inexperienced young players having a night off against a titans side that i frankly see as superior to our list on paper that particular night.It is just footy.5% off and you get flogged.

I think we are also seeing how good the 4 missing really are.It will get better.

Look no doubt having the 4 blokes out makes a huge difference, I dont think anyone is doubting that. However blaming the younger more inexperienced blokes and saying that our depth isnt there in my opinion is wrong.

It's our experienced blokes who are coming up with errors.

Stats from the Titans game in order highest to lowest:

Missed Tackles
Watmough 7
DCE 6
Lyon 5
King 3
Ballin 3
Foran 3
Buhrer 3
Wolf 2
Ballin 2

With the exception of Foran all blokes who you would consider our senior players. Granted they are all 80 minute players however that amount of missed tackles is unacceptable.

Ineffective Tackles
Ballin 3
Watmough 2
Buhrer 2

Errors
King 4
Ballin 4
Lyon 4
Matai 4

Top error count from 4 of our most senior players.

Here's one for you:

Missed Tackles YTD
Choc 35
DCE 23
Lyon 19
King 18
Wolf 17
Ballin 16
Kite 14

I guess a lot of the 'effective' tackles are not of the shoulder in, hurting variety, which they should be. King and kite should be aware of their shortcomings and work to rectify them. There was way to much arm grabbing against the Tits. They were the ones putting in when we should have. I'm looking forward to the Dogs game to see a rebound.

Maybe the stats on the senior players are because THEY ARE the senior players and are doing more of a workload than normal. Sometimes the harder you try the worse it gets.
I said a few weeks ago opposition teams smell blood in the water and the desperate ones come with plan A - complete boring sets, get to your kick, make us bring it back, repeat & with the four we've got out the errors will come.
The sides we have beaten - NZ, Tiges & Panthers came to play footy because they don't have the patience for plan A,

Clon

Im not bagging anyone.The young blokes at this stage try hard but simply arent good enough and the old blokes had an off night.It happens.The depth argument has no legs also-these are the guys who got the spoon in NSW cup and Im supposed to think we 1.have forward depth and 2.they will go to NRL level and be up to it.

I am the one saying it is an aberration fixed by a return of our stars and things will get better.Others seem to be looking for some mystical reason why we lost when it is the old age story of the cattle not being good enough to win a game when the attitude is slightly off.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4