Cold Hard Coaching Stats

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Dessie was an L player. Not even that. He was still reading the rulebook
Yeah that's right slave boy...Des Hasler was an L player, only won a premiership, played over 10 seasons and represented his state and country. Look at the situation Des Hasler inherited in 2004, and look at what Barrett did in 2016. If you cannot see the difference, you are even dumber than I initially thought.

Just making the point that Barrett's success shouldn't be judged by his first half-season as coach. Because Des' figures were exactly the same.
Yep. See what you are saying but des inherited a 2nd hand ute. This blokes got a landcruiser with about 100km on the clock. And the thing that makes us different is we recruit our coaches from within. It's what makes us, US.

Just making the point that Barrett's success shouldn't be judged by his first half-season as coach. Because Des' figures were exactly the same.
Those of us that were around at the time of Haslers first year could really see a massive positive change to the way we played football. We played with more resolve and looked much more cohesive and played like a team. Although we lost games & Haslers early stats read poorly, in contrast to this season Haslers early coaching performances were gritty and showed a real character. We did not play loose, off the cuff footy hoping to jag a undeserved win, that was the hallmarks of a Peter Sharp coached team and we were sick of it. Haslers team was losing but you could see improvement and consistency that was never there under Sharp. Barretts team reminds me of Peter Sharp coached teams. No Steel, no direction looking for the hail mary play which was usually Scott Donald taking off down the touchline to score in the corner.

We had a similar bunch of young guys with immense talent. Brett Stewart had his first 1st grade season that year coming off the bench in Rd 1 and never looking back starting every game after that. Glenn made a solid debut in RD18. But it was a young Anthony Watmough who had a season of inconsistent performances containing patches of brilliance under Sharp in 2003 who flourished under Des and even more later on under Ben Kennedy's tutelage. We need guys like Des, Crusher and Ben Kennedy to take this team forward, Not Barrett, Cartwright and Dan Ferris. These guys are not rookies they are seasoned losers and if the Titans performances this year aren't proof that Dan Ferris is a sham then I will whistle Dixie!

Last edited:
Yeah that's right slave boy...Des Hasler was an L player, only won a premiership, played over 10 seasons and represented his state and country. Look at the situation Des Hasler inherited in 2004, and look at what Barrett did in 2016. If you cannot see the difference, you are even dumber than I initially thought.
Cool story bro

Not making excuses for Barrett but does this mean Robinson can't coach at Roosters now.
Both of them have lost the dressingroom.
Baz's reference to Kite (FFS he was sacked by Manly 4 years ago) and Choc was telling.
It shows that Coaches rely on their Senior Players out on the field to direct the Team.
Both Robbo and Baz have lost those players.@:cool:

I always think, when people rave on about Bellyache, that it's their Team molds the new recruits, because of the strong leadership of their Team out on the field and during training. The Coach is not the one yelling at them out on the field, like we see Cronk ans sCam do constantly.

People never refer to Bellyache's abject failure at SOO, where he did not have an established core group to enforce on the field, every aspect of the game that he had coached during training :cool:

Myles was meant to be the one to motivate the forwards, but he is just going through his routine and cashing in the cheques :mad:

Those 2 stats do not say much. Sharp coached a lot more games than Barrett has coached. Barrett has only coached 14 games. The stats will be very skewed until Barrett has coached for at least a year.

The stats I quoted actually flatter Barrett a bit as they don't include yesterday's loss. He's coached 4 wins from 13 matches, unless you want to count the bye as a win...

Supercoach Sharp won 7 of his first 13. He finished his first year with 9 wins, 1 draw and 7 losses.

http://www.rugbyleagueproject.org/matches/Custom/MTQtLTQtLS0tLS0tLTI4MzktLS0tLS0tLS0tLQ==

If Barrett can win more than he loses by the end of the year I'll be thrilled.

I just watched Trents Presser for the second time. And wow, this guy has me really worried. I expected to see a angry angry man with fire coming out his mouth! And what did I get? A disappointed coach who looked like he was lost.

All he did was give reasons as to why we are losing.
"Players playing out of position"
You pick the team Trent.
"We have 3 1/2 million dollars on the side line."
We lose when they play buddy. What's the excuse then?
" I feel for the players, they are putting in 100% through the week"
If that's true, then yours and your assistants methods are failing.its either the players are not putting in or the coaching is bad or both.
"We have lost a lot of players with experience , Kite, glen Stewart, Foran King"
WTF? You weren't even here muppet. Plus you went on a spending spree for this season.

I seriously feel sick.
He should of been walking into the sheds with with a Jerry can full of petrol and look each player in the eye and told them he will burn them if that EVER happens again!! But nope he thinks there doing just fine thanks, they just need to learn how to be first graders!!! Fu$k off muppet!!!!!!!!

Don't get me wrong the players are just as much to blame.

He should of been walking into the sheds with with a Jerry can full of petrol and look each player in the eye and told them he will burn them if that EVER happens again!! But nope he thinks there doing just fine thanks, they just need to learn how to be first graders!!! Fu$k off muppet!!!!!!!!
How do you know he didn't blast them in the sheds?
Big difference between what a coach might say privately to the players and publicly to the media.

How do you know he didn't blast them in the sheds?
Big difference between what a coach might say privately to the players and publicly to the media.
Are you really serious? How did we know Des ripped a door off its hinges??
Obviously you live on the planet of Iv got no idea.
Reporters, insiders would of reported if he did. Without a doubt.

2v was never a great coach. he was a manly man who could coach.

he had flaws, he was tactically /filecopypastespecial at a time when the game was changing and the roster was aging.

he was a manly man though. he will never be forgotten.

twenty, on the other hand will be dismissed like sharp was if this garbage continues. id love to slap the ****; says a lot really.

He got results and surrounded himself with footy smarts !

SOme of the biggest and most successfull business men have no education in business ! But employ the right people to get results !

Are you really serious? How did we know Des ripped a door off its hinges??
Obviously you live on the planet of Iv got no idea.
Reporters, insiders would of reported if he did. Without a doubt.
Maybe so! I may be clutching at straws, but what else can I do?
I don't want to join the general chorus bleating like frightened confused sheep and calling for the summary execution of all the failed players coaches and officials, because that's neither mature nor sensible.

Both of them have lost the dressingroom.
Baz's reference to Kite (FFS he was sacked by Manly 4 years ago) and Choc was telling.
It shows that Coaches rely on their Senior Players out on the field to direct the Team.
Both Robbo and Baz have lost those players.@:cool:

I always think, when people rave on about Bellyache, that it's their Team molds the new recruits, because of the strong leadership of their Team out on the field and during training. The Coach is not the one yelling at them out on the field, like we see Cronk ans sCam do constantly.

People never refer to Bellyache's abject failure at SOO, where he did not have an established core group to enforce on the field, every aspect of the game that he had coached during training :cool:

Myles was meant to be the one to motivate the forwards, but he is just going through his routine and cashing in the cheques :mad:
Bellamy was coaching against his own class players in Origin along with not being the short term type of coach---he is not a motivator he builds teams with structure and discipline along with enforcing the "pride in ones performance" line, motivation should come from within----i wouldn't say he was an "abject failure".

Do you think any other coach would have developed players like Cam Smith, Cronk and Slater and best utilize what they had to offer or see what others couldn't see and develop that side further.(they were seen as too small and in Cronks case too limited to play halfback)

Orford became more consistent and direct in his performances under Bellamy.

Storm were on the slide starting from 2000 into 01,02. Since 2003 they have finished no worse than 6th, that level of consistency in this period has not been matched other than with the Qld Origin team---and people wonder why Qld have been so dominant in pretty much the same period.(add a better attitude towards Origin instilled in Qlders and you have an almost unbeatable team)

Before this period Origin was pretty much a 50/50 win ratio with small patches 2-3yrs of dominance for the most part.

Even Hasler had to pay "huge" overs for Orford and Bell from the Storm to take Manly to the next level.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6