Coach's Box: Marshall can exploit some very un-Manly like lapses in defence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan

TOMORROW night will give the best gauge yet as to where Manly is in the post-Des Hasler era.

The reigning premiers take on the premiership favourites in a round two blockbuster, but without two of their best defensive players.
No Glenn Stewart, no Steve Matai ... and possibly no Kieran Foran.
Can the premiers still bring down the premiership favourites?

Read the full article

Yes, The Wolfman does leave his wing occasionally to make a tackle and gets caught out. Nobody's perfect - except perhaps Robbo who we no longer have. But Wolfman played really well last Sunday and is our best winger.

What a crap article - last week was the best gauge of the post DES era in the hostile NZ against last years runners up.
How would this be a gauge if as stated in the article NO - Matai, Stewart & possably Foran.
As for what Marshall can exploit , after the Tigers defence against Cronulla maybe should be more concerned about the premiership favourites defence - ordinary at best last Sunday!!

Wolfy hadn't played for 8 months - and we were all worried about his mental strength in taking full on hits. So his 2 misjudgements are totally incidental. Still dont understand why he was rag-dolled :dodgy: Would have done nothing good to his vertabrae.

Johnson/Benji just have to be hit in the head as soon as they get the ball.
People hang off them anticipating the potential pass and NOT commiting to belting them whilst they have the ball in hand.:huh:

Cliffy used to have the same mystique - Manly just have to clear their perception of these two players.

I am glad of these early season adversities as it will harden Manly's resolve, and confidence in each other to win the games. We need to win as a Team - regardless of what Players pull on the Mighty Manly Jersey.

Speedy recovery to all who need it :angel:

Bring on the Paper Tigers:p

How about Manly exploiting Marshall, with Trex trampling him and using him as a doormat. That sounds more like it to me.

The Wolfman has always had a weakness of not holding his position in the defensive line and good teams will try to exploit this. Lets hope the Wolfman does a lot of hard work in training with Tooves and Lyon to correct this deficiency in his game.

Whilst I disagree with points of the article and an attempt at using one offs as a trend, its good to see the papers getting involved in some good analysis of the game. I think we should be happy about that.

Got to agree with the article. Both Wolfie and Oldfield have defensive problems. BUT, last weeks game showed they are both getting better. A little more talk between players and all will be well. I can't understand why the Tigers are premiership favourites, especially after last weekends games.

What's Wolfie supposed to do in that situation. All wingers get caught out at some stage.
On this occassion if he holds the potential intercept chances are he scores up the other end - then it's a great play.
If he doesn't go for the intercept it most likely goes over Vatuvei's head or he fumbles it too - then it's a great defensive read.
If he does nothing and Vatuvei somehow catches it - it's a great Warriors play.
He made a play and the Warriors got lucky just like for our 2nd try he got lucky with the kick, but thats talked up as a great play which it was.
You win some you lose some - I'm sure he's way in front on tries scored v tries conceded.
What a non story.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4