Coaching staff salary cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
I'd like to know what it is, and whether the NRL will publish a list of spending on coaching from each club.
My interest comes from reports that the Donkeys are going to throw buckets of cash at Bellyache to lure him north as a "coaching director". This follows the Donkeys paying out millions to Seibold, and further millions to secure Walters as the new coach.
It seems that if there is a cap on coaching spending that the Donkeys are rorting it.

Not sure if it would apply to paying out a coach"s remaining contract , not even sure if it has actually been implemented yet . Anything to do with the likes of the Broncos or Roosters , Storm and maybe others however , will generally have some caveat aspects to make it harder to apply fairly to the broader competition

All football dept have a salary cap, not sure of the amount though as it was introduced in 2018?

The nrl
Everythings a rule until it isnt.

As for monnas or chad as assistants. Yes please. Loved monnas passion. Could be handy converting halves into hookers. Thats the plan it seems

Heard on NRL360 last night that the cap around staff spending is soft. Whatever the cap may be, clubs are required to pay $0.50 for every $1.00 they spend over it.

Essentially large clubs can write a blank cheque.

I think Terry Reader is Broncos Marketing guru....along with the Moro lady and 1 of the directors is Mr Darren Lockyer...to be fair the NRL are the party really at fault with these salary cap and TPA arrangements, as there is a blind eye to many clubs without stating the obvious, they just take advantage of what the NRL allows.

Heard on NRL360 last night that the cap around staff spending is soft. Whatever the cap may be, clubs are required to pay $0.50 for every $1.00 they spend over it.

Essentially large clubs can write a blank cheque.

I think they said the cap was $5 mil ...

How in the name of decency ... can you keep a straight face ... when you introduce a cap to even the playing field .... but set it up so that it 100% favours the rich clubs .... that the intention was to knobble in the first place ... FMS ...

Just on coach's salaries ... I remember reading the great Jack Gibson always insisted on being paid the same as the highest paid player in the team ...

Hard to give a bollocking to a player who knows the club values him more than they do you ...

Poor Kevvie on $5ook is going to be talking to a bunch of blokes who spend that on haircuts and tattoos ....

PENNS LOVE CHEAP..
Its a bad idea the coaching staff we have currently have failed..so why promote within...no new ideas..structures wont change..same old same old..des has to hire someone we need not a yes sir three bags full assistant..i suppose thats what des wants though..full control...i just hope it doesnt back fire

We've always believed that you had to have played at Manly in order to be a successful coach of a Manly team. It has proven to be true and, lets face it, it is harder to go crook at a former Manly great when he is failing as a coach than at an outsider coach, like Barrett.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4