Coaches must share the blame . . .

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
. . for the terrible refereeing and video calls. Shane Flanagan is a perfect example. He's blowing up about the way Cronulla were rorted against Brisbane - quite rightly - but was quiet when Cronulla were gifted a win the previous week.
It's not acceptable that coaches only complain when things go against their team. If they are fair dinkum about improving refereeing standards they must also be critical of decisions that go in their favour.
Where was Flanagan supporting Stuart over terrible officiating?
Until coaches acknowledge that refereeing is bad, or good, after each match then why should the NRL care? It looks just like sour grapes.
Canberra were robbed last week. Cronulla were robbed this week. For goodness sake coaches tell it the way it is. The cliche "I didn't have a good view of the incident" is so trite.
Again the Vidiot was allowed to slow a try down to stop-frame and declare that the ball touched a player's boot, not the ground. Is this really how we want the game administered? At real speed this was a try. If the sport is played at real speed why aren't decisions?

Add the media to that as well - through their constant highlighting of every error they undermine the refs. Accept some human error, move on and don't show endless slow mo replays and make it the focus of your commentary and post match reports. Like you say, it's swings and roundabouts, granted some decisions are match deciding ones and can be hard to take - but i'd love to see commentators and coaches alike just cop it on the chin instead of making the focus all negative around one bad call.

Pre bunker , pre two refs there were some clangers BUT what you didn’t get is 15 replays from 8 different angles and in super slo mo!!

Not only Coaches but the broadcasters are as much to blame for this ****ed up situation as any!!

I didn't see all the game last night so can't judge on whether the Sharks were robbed, the only bit I did see was the disallowed try - from a totally unbiased point of view - the ball didn't touch the ground and it was a correct call as no try.

Then reading Flanagan having a whinge and saying that the Sharks got no calls go their way and the worst call was that no try, tells me he is pretty deluded.

Stuart does whinge a lot but geez he often had good cause to do so, the raiders do get dudded big time way too often

Same with Tooves, no one ever backed his rants but most of them were spot on

The likes of Flanagan and Bennett need to experience what some other teams cop every week and they might then realise they don't do so bad in the whole scheme of things

I didn't see all the game last night so can't judge on whether the Sharks were robbed, the only bit I did see was the disallowed try - from a totally unbiased point of view - the ball didn't touch the ground and it was a correct call as no try.

Then reading Flanagan having a whinge and saying that the Sharks got no calls go their way and the worst call was that no try, tells me he is pretty deluded.

Stuart does whinge a lot but geez he often had good cause to do so, the raiders do get dudded big time way too often

Same with Tooves, no one ever backed his rants but most of them were spot on

The likes of Flanagan and Bennett need to experience what some other teams cop every week and they might then realise they don't do so bad in the whole scheme of things
Spot on... Flanagan was smug as last weekend when Canberra were rorted ten times worse. I can’t stand him, right up there with Bellamy as my most disliked coach. He also has a habit of naming players with injuries in his seventeen, manages to keep the fact that they’re injured all quiet and then pulls them an hour before kick off. I’ve been burnt a few tunes on the punt by the wanka. Selfish pr1ck of a man, prepared to do just about anything to gain an advantage.

Agree but but lets not stop there, the whole footy community including us fans are just to blame.as we hold far more numbers and power to switch off .we control the outcome far more than we give ourselves credit.

The NRL relies on the disgruntled fan after a loss theory and that winners are grinners and so on. We as a community share the same self interest as the coaches and by refusing to boycott this **** and leave it to somebody else we are just as culpable

Australias self interested population and refusal to stand for anything but themselves is a blight on our country and the reason why we are a political mess. Sport is just as political and the same issues apply

Essentially we get what we deserve

But did you think it was a try when you saw it in real action? The ref did and I'd say 99% of people watching did.
I've always argued that if your eyes tell you something in real time then that's the reality. If you want to stop-frame a decision then why do it only for a try? Every decision should be forensically examined; every knock on, forward pass etc....
Then we could have a match that lasts eight hours. Great!

. . for the terrible refereeing and video calls. Shane Flanagan is a perfect example. He's blowing up about the way Cronulla were rorted against Brisbane - quite rightly - but was quiet when Cronulla were gifted a win the previous week.
It's not acceptable that coaches only complain when things go against their team. If they are fair dinkum about improving refereeing standards they must also be critical of decisions that go in their favour.
Until coaches acknowledge that refereeing is bad, or good, after each match then why should the NRL care? It looks just like sour grapes.
Canberra were robbed last week. Cronulla were robbed this week. For goodness sake coaches tell it the way it is. The cliche "I didn't have a good view of the incident" is so trite.
Again the Vidiot was allowed to slow a try down to stop-frame and declare that the ball touched a player's boot, not the ground. Is this really how we want the game administered? At real speed this was a try. If the sport is played at real speed why aren't decisions?

They won't because putting the game into disrepute? The so called $10K fine is now $20K. Personally I think Greenturd should pay his $20K every week for putting the game into disrepute every day just by being here

Well said. The coaches, particularly Flanagan, consistently fail the objectivity test in this area of the game.

Less replays and camera angles. 1 ref , in goal touch judges and only go to video for grounding decision only. Let the 1 ref referee the game without someone in hus ear. Let them feel the flow of a game. Stop the nitpicking penalties. But most of all outlaw the gang tackle wrestle which Bellamy is resppnsible for.

Yeah but that's the really annoying thing re the bunker.

The on field call was try.
We've been told ad nauseam that the bunker can only overturn if there is conclusive evidence to the contrary.
They cannot conclusively rule that the ball did not touch the ground from the camera angles they had so they should've upheld the call regardless.

If the onfield call was no try then they would be right to uphold that ruling.

You win some, you lose some but they contradict themselves too often with their rulings.

Yeah but that's the really annoying thing re the bunker.

The on field call was try.
We've been told ad nauseam that the bunker can only overturn if there is conclusive evidence to the contrary.
They cannot conclusively rule that the ball did not touch the ground from the camera angles they had so they should've upheld the call regardless.

If the onfield call was no try then they would be right to uphold that ruling.

You win some, you lose some but they contradict themselves too often with their rulings.
Agree.
When I watched the replays I initially thought, yeah, he got his boot under that... no try. However, what I found really interesting was the final freeze frame the broadcasters chose to leave on our screens for perhaps a good 5 seconds (can't recall whether I've seen that before). It was the one that shows the ball about an inch off the ground and appearing to sit on the boot, and support the vid ref's decision. However, just prior to that freeze frame they showed a series of single frames both before and after that one. The single frame following that shot shows the ball aligned with the bottom of the foot and the ground. It was that shot that changed my initial thought and I believed it cast enough doubt to apply the on-field decision protocol... Would have been interesting to see reactions to the decision if they chose to freeze the shot on that frame instead of the one they did.

I don't have access to a replay so I could have misread the vision... and that's very possible given my distaste for the Donkeys.

The fcking refs tell teams how they will officiate and the fcking refs then officiate. It is on Greenspooge, Arrowman and the Sutton clan's heads. Pretty simple

I wonder if the clubs were all begging for a bunker? Play the ball infringements? Etc?? Also don't call forward passes and make a lost ball in a tackle a lottery?

Decision tree:

Was the player losing the ball playing for Roosters, Broncos or Melbourne?

Yes - STRIP

No - LOOSE CARRY

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8