Coach

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

byso

First Grader
It's been an up and down season.

It interests me that chaps like Elliot and Bellamy can get so much more out of there sides with lesser quality players. How do you think Dessie is going a coach?

I said I'd comment again after 6 rounds...and Byso, I don't think Des Hasler has our team firing on all pistons. I just hope this isn't the start of a massive losing streak like we had last year !!! At least we are winning 50% of our games this year though. That's a hell of a lot better than the end of last year. He's not the most inspirational type leader is he !!! Kind of takes all the losses in his stride (well, perception from the outside I guess).
I still say we need an independent coach who doesn't pick mates or names, but form players. Again though, who the heck could step up from Premier League?.

Yeah all is hunky dory. We will slip in the top 8 again without creating any waves in the process.

Same old same old I guess.

He's not the most inspirational type leader is he

As opposed to Elliot?

Kind of takes all the losses in his stride

Would you like him to kick and scream like a school child? Better to just dust yourself off and get on witj it.

I still say we need an independent coach who doesn't pick mates or names, but form players.

As you said, it's a bit tough when Premier League are full of tryer's and toiler's and no real stand outs.

i think you're bagging him out based on the wrong skills.

i'd be looking at how he prepares the team mentally and how he assess and fixes problem areas.

that's what i would like to see in our coach, whether it be Hasler or whoever.

Have to agree with you there. The media stuff means crap to me. It's all BS anyhow.

But I am concerned that Hasler isn't the gun coach we require, to win a comp.

as Bozo used to say, you cant win the melb cup with draft horses, it would be fair to say we are still a year or two and a few "blue chips" away from being a 1-4 place team, until then we will be a 5-8 place side. Just being realistic. Having said that id like to think we are on the way up rather than down.

We all jumped on the Cuthbo bandwagon at the start of the year but now that he doesn't look as good a few are ready to jump off. If there aint a lot to replace the topliners with, how can we blame the coach when injuries come.

I am happy for people to call Des (or anyone) a poor coach but they need to provide reasons for their call. The big issue is whether he has the confidence of the players.

C'mon byso,
There is no way Des isn't gutted after a loss.
I can assure you Elliot is not the most loved person in Canberra and I can't see how he is brought in to the equation.
As for the general state of his coaching I think the jury is still out. The players have let themselves down more than the coach.

bellamy-lesser quality players!

inglis-qld,superstar
slater-qld,aust
king-nsw,australia
crocker-qld,australia
smith-queensland,australia
hill-nsw,australia
geyer-nsw
johnson-queensland
kidwell-nz
webster-nz
white-country
hoffman-country
cronk-quoted as find of the year on fox last night

GIVE ME A BREAK!THEY ALSO HAVE THE BEST DEPTH IN THE COMP.WE HAVE CUTHBERTSON!

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4