Clubs agree to sign Licence Agreements

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
All sixteen NRL Clubs have today agreed to sign ‘club licences’ with the ARL Commission.Club Chairmen and Chief Executives today met with the Commission at the NRL following several weeks of discussion with the game’s existing partners, the ARL and News Limited over funding.

Read the full article

I wonder how much extra the grant is that they've settled on. An earlier article indicated it was an extra 500k. A long way off what the clubs were originally asking.

swoop said:
I wonder how much extra the grant is that they've settled on. An earlier article indicated it was an extra 500k. A long way off what the clubs were originally asking.

I guess it's similar to your yearly salary negotiations you start high and meet somewhere in the middle, you never expect to get what you ask for (although i did once and was very very happy).

This is good news though, the sooner the IC gets into power the sooner they can start implementing changes / selling the brand for the new TV deal.

Jonesyv2 said:
swoop said:

I guess it's similar to your yearly salary negotiations you start high and meet somewhere in the middle, you never expect to get what you ask for (although i did once and was very very happy).

This is good news though, the sooner the IC gets into power the sooner they can start implementing changes / selling the brand for the new TV deal.

Yes it's good news but didn't the clubs ask for over 2mil? It doesn't say what the final offer was. Was it 500k?

Yeah 500k. However this moves them closer to the grant equaling the salary cap. That is where we want it to be. As for Manly it means that we should hopefully break even next year which is a good result considering the fact we lost money this year. Good signs for us leading into hopefully gaining a substantial upgrade in funding in 2013.

Jono said:
As for Manly it means that we should hopefully break even next year which is a good result considering the fact we lost money this year.

One advantage of 2012 over 2011, is we will have a sponsor for the whole year, that will help too.

Brookie4eva said:
Jono said:
As for Manly it means that we should hopefully break even next year which is a good result considering the fact we lost money this year.

One advantage of 2012 over 2011, is we will have a sponsor for the whole year, that will help too.

Not to mention 1400 new seats in the extended Jane Try Stand.

Jono said:
Yeah 500k. However this moves them closer to the grant equaling the salary cap. That is where we want it to be.

Heard on the radio somewhere it takes between 12-17 ppl to make up the support staff. This doesn't include rent to Narrabeen Fitness Centre, nor does it include the gym equipment or travel (which must be huge!).

At least we won't be experimenting with calf blood and the doctors/ physios etc who control it.

I wonder what it costs to run a football team (club) this year? It used to be around $9m but that was years ago.

lismore_fan said:
Jono said:
Yeah 500k. However this moves them closer to the grant equaling the salary cap. That is where we want it to be.

Heard on the radio somewhere it takes between 12-17 ppl to make up the support staff. This doesn't include rent to Narrabeen Fitness Centre, nor does it include the gym equipment or travel (which must be huge!).

At least we won't be experimenting with calf blood and the doctors/ physios etc who control it.

I wonder what it costs to run a football team (club) this year? It used to be around $9m but that was years ago.

About a year ago I read that Cronulla and Manly were around the $15mil per year mark, and the rich clubs like Brisbane were up around $25mil per year.

They really struggled to make a story out of that. How many times can you reword the same sentence. Of I were a cynical man I would suggest everyone involved has agreed upon a specific set of wording for press interaction on the subject

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2