Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

NRL round 1 team news: Ben Trbojevic set to start ahead of Josh Schuster in Las Vegas​

The three Trbojevic brothers are set to start in Manly’s historic Las Vegas fixture, with Ben expected to win a starting spot ahead of Josh Schuster.

Pam Whaley reveals her three key takeaways from Manly's trial win over South Sydney.
Ben Trbojevic is set to be rewarded for a brilliant pre-season by securing a starting spot alongside his two brothers when Manly open their premiership campaign against South Sydney in Las Vegas.
While the Rabbitohs reel from injury, the Sea Eagles are spoilt for choice as they prepare to head to Sin City to play in the historic double header at Allegiant Stadium.
The youngest of the three Trbojevic brothers produced a barnstorming three-try performance in a trial against an undermanned South Sydney at the weekend and looks to have locked down a starting spot ahead of Josh Schuster, who will make his maiden appearance of the pre-season this weekend in a trial against the Sydney Roosters.
Schuster is expected to play at least 20 minutes but his limited pre-season and the impressive form of Trbojevic will mean that the latter is likely to be named in the starting side for the season opener against the Rabbitohs.
Schuster is also likely to be part of the squad provided he makes a successful return from the calf problem that has plagued his pre-season.

Ben Trbojevic is set to start the season ahead of Josh Schuster.

Ben Trbojevic is set to start the season ahead of Josh Schuster.

The talented back rower has struggled to put together a seamless preparation for round one given his injuries and the emotional coronial inquest into the death of his good friend Keith Titmuss, who died in 2020.
Schuster understandably has had other matters on his mind but he will get the chance to press his claim for a place in the Manly side this weekend as they play their final trial before leaving for Las Vegas.
Coach Anthony Seibold has made no secret of his desire to have competition for spots and nowhere is that more exemplified than in the back row, where Ben Trbojevic and Schuster are likely to be locked in a year-long battle to start.
They are different players but Seibold is a fan of both.
“We want competition for spots,” Seibold said.
“We felt as though if we were to improve as a team ….. we needed to have competition. It is a genuine shootout.

“The back row, particular that left edge, there is great competition for spots. What I do know is the best version of Josh Schuster makes us a better team because he has something which we don’t have a lot of, which is that X-factor, skill, of an elite level.
“I haven’t seen too many players with the skill he has got. Ben Trbojevic’s work ethic and effort off the ball is what his weapon is.”
Schuster has endured a tumultuous off-season - he gave evidence at the Titmuss inquiry - and on Monday spoke about their relationship and his desire to honour his friend’s legacy on and off the field in 2024.
“His family would love me to live out his legacy,” Schuster said.
“I’ve known his family since I was young when I went to school with him. Keithy would want me to live out his legacy. I just want to make him proud by playing footy.
“I’m not going to take footy or life for granted.”
The past week has been difficult for everyone involved, but Schuster said the inquest will provide answers that the family deserves.

Ben Trbojevic had a strong outing in the club’s first trial of the season. Picture: Matt King/Getty Images

Ben Trbojevic had a strong outing in the club’s first trial of the season. Picture: Matt King/Getty Images

“I think it was important for everyone, especially his mum and his dad and his sister and brother because they got answers,” he said.
“They just wanted answers – it’s probably why this inquest happened – but that’s coming to an end now which is probably good.”
It’s been a difficult few weeks for Schuster, who had chickenpox for the first time and fractured his finger. He then tweaked his right calf in early January.
Fitness and injuries have restricted him to just 28 NRL games over the past two seasons, with 2024 shaping as a make or break year for a player who has all the talent in the world but hasn’t been consistent enough at the highest level.

“This has been the best pre-season I’ve had in terms of weight and feeling good. This is the lightest I’ve been and I can’t wait to play footy,” he said.
“I’ve been around 110-112 kilos which is perfect for me in the back row. I don’t want to go past that mark.
“I’m just focused on me and being consistent every week.”

Don't know why this is a thing ?

08. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Josh Schuster

Sorted !

Don't know why this is a thing ?

08. Jake Trbojevic
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Ben Trbojevic
13. Josh Schuster

Sorted !
Round 1 Team: My thoughts

1- Turbo
2- Saab
3- Koula
4- Garrick
5- Talua
6- Brooks
7- DCE
8- Jake
9- Croker
10- Paseka
11- Hamoule
12- Shu
13- Brown

14- Gordie/ Humphreys (big trial game coming up for these 2)
15- Sips
16- Josh A/ Ben T (One to be 18th man or Ben T for Shu if not ready)
17- Bully

Full strength
1- Turbo
2- Saab
3- Koula
4- Garrick
5- Talua
6- Brooks
7- DCE
8- Lodge
9- Croker
10- Paseka
11- Hamoule
12- Shu
13- Jake

14- Brown
15- Sips
16- Josh A/ Ben T
17- Bully

18- Gordie/ Humphreys

Not a bad problem to have when you consider any of these below could do a job in First grade to.
Waddell
Paulo
Arthur
Lawton
Vaega
Condon
Parker
Matterson

ALSO according to our clubs website we only have 28 players in the NRL roster and that includes Zac Fulton but Matterson not there and I thought he is in our top 30 ( so do we have 29?).. Anyone know what is the go ??
do we have a spot left?

1- Turbo
2- Saab
3- Koula
4- Garrick
5- Talua
6- Brooks
7- DCE
8- Jake
9- Croker
10- Paseka
11- Hamoule
12- Shu
13- Brown

15- Sips
17- Bully

Full strength
1- Turbo
2- Saab
3- Koula
4- Garrick
5- Talua
6- Brooks
7- DCE
8- Lodge
9- Croker
10- Paseka
11- Hamoule
12- Shu
13- Jake

14- Brown
15- Sips
16- Josh A/ Ben T
17- Bully

18- Gordie/ Humphreys

Not a bad problem to have when you consider any of these below could do a job in First grade to.
Waddell
Paulo
Arthur
Lawton
Vaega
Condon
Parker
Matterson

ALSO according to our clubs website we only have 28 players in the NRL roster and that includes Zac Fulton but Matterson not there and I thought he is in our top 30 ( so do we have 29?).. Anyone know what is the go ??
do we have a spot left?
The jury in my brain is certainly still out on the vacant wing (not sold on any of them really until I see them in action this weekend), Jake at 8 (but geez, I've lost all confidence in Josh A until he shows me something worthwhile) and Shu (and I've been a staunch supporter but I really want to see something this weekend) and the 14.

I wouldn't mind having Ben run on and Shu off the bench to start coz Shu will be short of some match fitness. I think Bully and Sips are a must on the bench. Altho, Sips will prob start until Lodge is fit.

Gordie, Humphreys and Brown will prob fight out the 14. Depends on how Seibs wants to play Crokes.

Hmmmm, did I just rewrite what you wrote? @:D

1- Turbo
2- Saab
3- Koula
4- Garrick
5- Talua
6- Brooks
7- DCE
8- Jake
9- Croker
10- Paseka
11- Hamoule
12- Shu
13- Brown

15- Sips
17- Bully

Full strength
1- Turbo
2- Saab
3- Koula
4- Garrick
5- Talua
6- Brooks
7- DCE
8- Lodge
9- Croker
10- Paseka
11- Hamoule
12- Shu
13- Jake

14- Brown
15- Sips
16- Josh A/ Ben T
17- Bully

18- Gordie/ Humphreys

Waddell
Paulo
Arthur
Lawton
Vaega
Condon
Parker
Matterson

do we have a spot left?
At the moment we have 28 players.
With having tuipulotu go to the dragons, Nathan Brown taking his spot (upgrade from train and trail)
Matterson has a Supplement contract this year (woods, hodgson, James,faulalo and I have seen Hopoate in the list as well)
Team can have 30 players
5 development players and we have 2 spots left.

Did anyone else who sought Bob Fulton Stand season tickets (2 x 3 game passes) receive a message like this?

IMG_9345.jpeg

I assume it’s legit, because it seems to accord with how they’re doing things now.

Thank you for posting the Injury news @The Wheel
Injuries are part of the game and Resilience to over come Adversity and Prevail are part of a Clubs Culture

The NRL is a Long Tough Season and when the Going Gets Tough the Tough NRL clubs Player Rosters Get Going

Fck the injuries and Lets Focus on The Power of Resilience
1708385575625.png

Yeah, didn't take long for the injury/suspension ball to roll again.
So What do we do now
Bend over and make it easier for the Rabbits to Bonk us ?
Or Live up to our Legendary clubs Backs to the Wall Winning way and Prevail ?

The Greatest setback any team can have is lack of Heart
And I see some Feathered friends hearts faltering on this forum

So What do we do now
Bend over and make it easier for the Rabbits to Bonk us ?
Or Live up to our Legendary clubs Backs to the Wall Winning way and Prevail ?

The Greatest setback any team can have is lack of Heart
And I see some Feathered friends hearts faltering on this forum
Still think we'll win Bozo, but would be nice to start off at rd1 with all players fit and available.

Still think we'll win Bozo, but would be nice to start off at rd1 with all players fit and available.
I understand what you are saying but the rabbits are also robbed of up 4 players through injuries

We must accept that injuries are a fact in footy and Resilience is the Mother all Prevalence

The Greatest Wins are Backs to the Wall Wins made from Concrete Character feathered friend
1708389211721.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8