Club News 2024

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
IMG_5225.png

Probably negotiating the price so no freight at manlys end
I'm thinking he's most likely going too.

If it's been reported dragons are persisting, Man probably haven't said absolutely not. Just haven't reached agreement as at yesterday.

Why would dragons even approach re a player signed up till 25? You would think either the player or our club are feeling like others have the jump on him at training and not seeing much first grade in sight, even for his name to make its way to the conversation.

Last edited:

NRL coach’s clipboard session: Manly Sea Eagles’ Anthony Seibold on Josh Schuster, finals expectations​

Anthony Seibold confirms to DEAN RITCHIE his exact positional plans for Tom Trbojevic, how he will play Josh Schuster and why he’s a better coach than he was at Souths.

@BulldogRitchie

4 min read
January 18, 2024 - 5:00AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom
1 comments
Manly coach Anthony Seibold tells DEAN RITCHIE why the Sea Eagles can bounce back to be an NRL force in 2024.
The former Dally M Coach of the Year also addresses how he will unlock Josh Schuster’s full potential, why he’s a better coach than he was at South Sydney and who the fastest player at Manly is.
DEAN RITCHIE: What areas need improving for next season?
ANTHONY SEIBOLD:
For us, we feel as though we have a real opportunity to break a cluster. There is a cluster of teams – teams four, five through to team 14 last season – that were all pretty close. Two golden-point results were the difference between us being in the top eight and not. There is a real evenness about the competition. First of all, we needed to add some depth, which we feel we have, and we’re also looking at our competitive advantage so we’ve put a real emphasis on a couple of areas we feel are our weapons and strengths. We need a narrow focus on how we break the cluster. That’s our challenge.
RITCHIE: How will Josh Schuster play on an edge?
SEIBOLD:
The way I’d like him to play is to think of Glenn Stewart. He had that ability to ball play and that ability to take on the line. He was a big body. Wade Graham also comes to mind. He was very skilful who started as a six and graduated to an edge back row position. Those two guys are how we want to model ‘Schuey’s’ game but he is also very unique too. He’s got some skills that not many others have. We want him playing that ball-playing edge-backrower role – a Glenn Stewart or Wade Graham type of backrower.
Josh Schuster. Picture: NRL PHOTOS

Josh Schuster. Picture: NRL PHOTOS
Glenn ‘Gifty’ Stewart.

Glenn ‘Gifty’ Stewart.
RITCHIE: What will Luke Brooks bring to Manly?
SEIBOLD:
He will bring 200 games of experience. Everyone can see the weapons he brings, an outstanding running game and left-foot kicking game.
RITCHIE: How is Turbo (Tom Trbojevic), mate?
SEIBOLD:
Turbo is going really well. He is fully fit. It was a three-month return from that pec injury and three months was pretty much the start of pre-season training. He’s been in full training.
RITCHIE: There has been some chatter about Trbojevic moving to the centres.
SEIBOLD:
That hasn’t been looked at from our point of view. Tolu Koula, Reuben Garrick, Tommy Talau, Christian Tuipulotu, we’ve got some real depth in the centres. Tommy is our best option at fullback. We haven’t spoken about him (moving positions). He got injured in the centres playing for the Blues. How we use Reuben and Tolu, we need to think outside the square because they both have some real speed. There is an opportunity there for us.
Tom Trbojevic will start the season at fullback. Picture: Alfred Naupoto (Manly Media)

Tom Trbojevic will start the season at fullback. Picture: Alfred Naupoto (Manly Media)
RITCHIE: Does Daly Cherry-Evans ever age?

SEIBOLD:
Umm, no, he doesn’t. He and Jake Trbojevic will have a long break because of 2022, where they had club games, Origin, into the World Cup, then into 2023, more clubs, Origin and more Tests for Australia. They’ll both have an extended break.

RITCHIE: I realise you’ve coached Souths and Brisbane but is there pressure at Manly given the club has been so successful for so many years?

SEIBOLD:
I don’t feel as though it’s pressure. Probably the right words are high expectations. If you look at the coaches and players that have come before us, there’s been a lot of success since the decades in from the 1970s. That is one of the attractions of the club. We represent the northern beaches community. The boys want to play for each other and play for our club. But there are always things to do, it’s never ending.

RITCHIE: How have you evolved as a coach?

SEIBOLD:
Experience. I’m a far better coach now than when I was when I started at Souths at the end of 2017. And I’m a much better coach now than when I was at England rugby.

RITCHIE: Recruit Nathan Brown is a former NSW player. He could prove a handy pick-up?

SEIBOLD:
Brown, Corey Waddell, Jake Arthur, Luke Brooks, they’ve all got ‘trainer of the week’ awards over the first six weeks. Browny will compete hard for a spot. If he continues to train and compete like he is at the moment, then he’ll be in our round one side. We also think he can bring a point of difference.

RITCHIE: Is Jason Saab the fastest player in rugby league?

SEIBOLD:
Not sure but he would be close. He’s rapid and is certainly the quickest we’ve got, along with Koula and Garrick. They all run above 10 metres a second. That’s elite in team sports.
RITCHIE: The Vegas journey. Give us your thoughts.

SEIBOLD:
It’s a great opportunity for us to go and make a memory. There is an opportunity to build connections by being away but we are going there for two competition points. The way to make a memory is by performing really well.

RITCHIE: What is your message to Manly fans going into the 2024 season?

SEIBOLD:
We are working really hard to break that cluster of teams. The northern beaches have shown they have great support for us – I think we had three ‘full houses’ last year. They will get behind us – we know how we need to play to represent them. That’s our plan, mate.

Seibold: "Tolu Koula, Reuben Garrick, Tommy Talau, Christian Tuipulotu, we’ve got some real depth in the centres.
Sounds like Parker is well down the pecking order. At least you'll be pleased with that, @BOZO :)

All in the anticipation that Shu can regain his 2021 form level on an edge in a starting role .
Seibold wants Josh to be a ball-playing edge backrower (obviously!) but question remains, will he make the team for Round 1?
Burbo finished 2023 as starting left second rower in a winning team, Schu finished it dropped to reserve grade. Burbo has (from memory) picked up one of the trainer of the week awards so far this preseason, Schu has scarcely been mentioned in dispatches (or training pics!)

I'm thinking he's most likely going too.

If it's been reported dragons are persisting, Man probably haven't said absolutely not. Just haven't reached agreement as at yesterday.

Why would dragons even approach re a player signed up till 25? You would think either the player or our club are feeling like others have the jump on him at training and not seeing much first grade in sight, even for his name to make its way to the conversation.
is his manager tartak maybe

Sounds like Parker is well down the pecking order. At least you'll be pleased with that, @BOZO :)
What pleases me most is a Manly change for the Better feathered friend @SeaEagleRock8

I was very privilidged and spoilt as Manly fan to have had the Great pleasure and Great Thrill
of watching Benchmark premiership winning centres like Fulton , Branigan, Gartner ,Occonor , Jamie Lyon ,
These are our Manly Benchmark centres of Excellence
and Parker misses that mark
Nothing Personal . Just My Manly Passionate Winning point of view
Have a Great day Passionate Manly Man @SeaEagleRock8

Thank you for posting @The Wheel

There is no Place Like our Manly home
Our Eagles Nest is where All Manly People belong
Our Manly Home is where Many Great Manly Winning memories are made and Great Manly friendships are formed
Our Manly Home is our Happy Place

Let us All Be Proud to Belong !
1705534456173.png

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8