Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ferris ,just ask Des how it goes when returning back to Manly.
When you return back to Manly you are expected to turn Manly back to its Glory

If you don't . You Depart in no uncertain terms

We all wish Seibold the very best of luck in rising our legendary club to its greatest Glory

Big news for Members wanting to go to Mudgee

Thank you @The Wheel

The Mudgee Manly Match experience is a great one from all reports by all that made the trip last season

Nice get away , Great country feel and the strongly dominated Manly crowd make you feel at home

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
20221205_175459.jpg

Ok , that’s a bit strange , I hope he’s not returning he was pretty ordinary I must say.
Pretty Ordinary is a huge understatement Marky Mark.

Didn't we steal this years Eels and a former Cricket Australia fitness bloke?

Ahhhh ****. Andrew May is the new bloke. But whilst he generally has the title physical performance, his work may have more of a focus on the mind, then the body, and not be a strength and conditioning man.

The Beard:-(((((((((

His record at training NRL teams to a spoon can't be pretty. He went close with us one year. He was with Titans both before and after us and top of my head they had some rough years then. Been at dogs last few years so again spoons or there abouts.

Last edited:
Dan Ferris trained NRL team results

2012 Titans 11th.

2013 Titans 9th.

2014 Titans 14th.

2015 Titans 14th.

2016 Manly 13th

2017 Manly 6th.

2018 Manly 15th.

2019 Titans 16th.

2020 Titans 9th.

2021 Bulldogs 16th.

2022 Bulldogs 12th.

If I am not mistaken. 11 years as a head fitness man at NRL clubs. And only once has he trained a team to finish in the 8. Bottom 3 more often than not.

Last edited:
We haven't signed him for sure ,have we ?
I have no inside knowledge. Just posting what I noticed on Manly's instagram.
Oh, and I am hoping it's a no, especially given the stats above from double hoops.

I have no inside knowledge. Just posting what I noticed on Manly's instagram.
Oh, and I am hoping it's a no, especially given the stats above from double hoops.
I think it would have more to do with his status as an ex-employee - looking to reconnect with MWSE - because he can (especially if he is not contracted elsewhere).

Andrew Berridge looks to be currently training them.

dsc08188.jpg

Berridge was our strength and conditioning coach in 2022, which was his first year at NRL level.

Most NRL clubs have 2 or 3 fitness men with senior top man holding the title of Head of High Performance or similar.

The bearded was not retained in that head performance role at the doggys last month. (ie same role Donny's leaves vacant)

Attachments

• dsc08188.jpg
    dsc08188.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 11
Thank you @The Wheel

The Mudgee Manly Match experience is a great one from all reports by all that made the trip last season

Nice get away , Great country feel and the strongly dominated Manly crowd make you feel at home

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
View attachment 22893
Like our second home ground, question, how did Mudgee become so Manly orientated fan wise..

Andrew Berridge looks to be currently training them.

View attachment 22900

Berridge was our strength and conditioning coach in 2022, which was his first year at NRL level.

Most NRL clubs have 2 or 3 fitness men with senior top man holding the title of Head of High Performance or similar.

The bearded was not retained in that head performance role at the doggys last month. (ie same role Donny's leaves vacant)
Isn't that a prob then given we didn't look anywhere near fit enough during 2022? Or am I being a bit harsh?

Isn't that a prob then given we didn't look anywhere near fit enough during 2022? Or am I being a bit harsh?
We weren't fit enough in 22.

But back when Barrett and the Beard were running the show was even more depressing.

Push em too hard at training and let's not forget our club has seen tragedy not long ago.

Club seem happy to have accountability sit with the heads of their departments. DES pushed, Donny gone either way.

A rookie at NRL level is always going to be making some learnings and you'd like to think expected to learn, supervised and guided. We all start some where.

What Berridges inexperience probably does mean for the club, is increases the need to ensure they get the right man in-charge and driving our physical performance department, but driving it towards a premiership, not a spoon.

We weren't fit enough in 22.

But back when Barrett and the Beard were running the show was even more depressing.

Push em too hard at training and let's not forget our club has seen tragedy not long ago.

Club seem happy to have accountability sit with the heads of their departments. DES pushed, Donny gone either way.

A rookie at NRL level is always going to be making some learnings and you'd like to think expected to learn, supervised and guided. We all start some where.

What Berridges inexperience probably does mean for the club, is increases the need to ensure they get the right man in-charge and driving our physical performance department, but driving it towards a premiership, not a spoon.
Yep, the BnB show was not good for so many reasons.But I think precisely coz of the ongoing question mark over young Tittmus, it seems very odd they would have an inexperienced trainer come in to run the show. But then, I have to confess to not really knowing who is running the show. I just hope it is an experience operator and that Berridges can provide some good support and that we get the balance right ...... as they say.

Like our second home ground, question, how did Mudgee become so Manly orientated fan wise..
Let me explain feathered friend

My quote was that the strongly dominated Manly crowd make you feel at home as we always do feel at home amongst a big gathering of Manly feathered friends and that is what we get in the very popular Manly Match in Mudgee .
A Great Manly crowd producing a Great Manly game atmosphere that makes us all feel at home .

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4