Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

@BOZO here is some Manly passion for you!
Thank you for this very Proud , Passionate and Patriotic Manly article

Over the years our Legendary clubs Great culture has been built by Great Winning Manly souls who remain our Inspiration and the Benchmark of our Legendary clubs excellence

Excellence is what defines us and thrives us towards ongoing success

Each Manly Generation is privileged to be part of our Great clubs culture and this Great privilege also comes with the responsibility to live up to our Legendary clubs Benchmark of excellence and Maintain the Great Manly rage and reign Supreme

All Glory comes to those who dare
All those who dare to thrive and strive towards excellence and to be the Great Manly example and lead by example

Picture Compliments from Manly Media
Promo Panel

2023 Membership now on sale

2023 Membership now on sale​

View our full, part and supporter Membership options
View Memberships
PRESENTED BY
URM png for apps

Full presser, nothing left out

Very VERY very impressive , from both of them.

I feel like a new broom has been swept through the club , and now it’s up to the players to “ buy in “ and make Manly great again !!

Still a few players short of a top 4 side.

But I don’t think we will be anywhere near 17th spot.

Both speakers laid it out as to why they are there, and what they will be working on - "we're here to win football games."

Sounds like the agenda both should be pursuing - this will free up other people - outside of MWDRLC - to pursue climate change, social justice, homophobia, animal rights, etc - whatever.

They let the whole 'pride round' and all associated with it back at the feet of the NRL - where it belongs, and where it should have come from in the first place. It seems that lessons have been learned.

Good to hear that Tommy T is winning the training awards. Stay safe, Turbo!

Now listen, Anthony Seibold

Oh we're steppin' out
I'm gonna turn around,
Gonna turn around once and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
Oh momma!
Oh you're rocking well!
Hmm yeah you do it so well,
Well we do it so well when we do the Eagle Rock
Now momma,
Yeah you're rockin' fine!
Why don't you give me a sign?
Hmm just give me a sign and we'll do the Eagle Rock.

[Chorus]
Hey Hey Hey, good old Eagle Rock's here to stay,
I'm just crazy 'bout the way we move,
Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Oh Oh Oh come on fast, you can come on slow
Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Go momma!
Well you're rockin' fine!
Just gotta give me a sign and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
Oh baby!
Well I feel so free!
Hmm what you do to me!
What you do to me when we do the Eagle Rock.

[Chorus]

Now listen,
More we're steppin' out.
Yeah, gonna turn around,

[Chorus]

Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Very VERY very impressive , from both of them.

I feel like a new broom has been swept through the club , and now it’s up to the players to “ buy in “ and make Manly great again !!

Still a few players short of a top 4 side.

But I don’t think we will be anywhere near 17th spot.
To put things in perspective every honeymoon press conference is impressive

There are always high expectations at the Legendary Manly club

We are all pumped up for bigger and better Season

As it should have been from the beginning. This is a very important initiative that should have always been NRL driven, with extensive consultation undertaken first with all stakeholders.

Mestrov and Seibold doing extremely well handling things today.

Long may it continue.

Go Manly

Run by the NRL’: Sea Eagles keen to distance themselves from any future Pride Round decisions​

The Sea Eagles’ new CEO has taken a swipe at the club’s management while revealing his new plans about any future pride jerseys at the club.
Martin Gabor
2 min read
November 29, 2022 - 12:45PM

Sea Eagles chief executive Tony Mestrov says any call involving a possible Pride Round next year and beyond will be made by the NRL following this season’s fiasco that ruined Manly’s finals push and ultimately cost Des Hasler his job.
Seven Sea Eagles players refused to wear the rainbow jersey and chose to boycott the club’s round 20 game against the Roosters over religious and cultural beliefs.
The team lost that night and didn’t win another game as they missed out on the finals, and the constant bickering and unrest eventually cost club legend Hasler his job.
The biggest issue according to Mestrov was a lack of transparency between the club and the players, who were upset that they weren’t consulted beforehand.
It’s why the Sea Eagles won’t commit to wearing the jersey again in 2023 even though it was one of the hottest items at the ground that night and sold out online.
Stream Over 50 Sports Live & On-Demand with Kayo. New to Kayo? Start your free trial now >
Des Hasler was forced to answer questions at a lengthy press conference after the jersey fiasco. Picture; NCA NewsWire/Gaye Gerard

Des Hasler was forced to answer questions at a lengthy press conference after the jersey fiasco. Picture; NCA NewsWire/Gaye Gerard
“If there’s any overarching initiatives, they’ll be run by the NRL. We’ve been in discussion with the NRL, and any initiative will be put forward by them, not us,” Mestrov said.
“We’ve got nothing further to add about us organising a Pride Round or a Rainbow Round.
“The NRL will do the consulting. They will speak to the RLPA and the players and so on rather than a club itself. It works much better that way, we feel.
“I wasn’t here at the time, but from the people who do know me being here now, it’s about communication. There’s no way that for any reason the players shouldn’t have been communicated to.
“From day one since I got here – I don’t profess to be the coach – (my mantra has been) clear communication from everyone in the organisation, including the players.
“If we can do that in the future, whatever it might be, everyone knows where they stand.
“I think that’s the most important part about this club moving forward, including the local community, the local sponsors and the local juniors. We should communicate clearly, and we’ve got a clear direction here as well.”
Anthony Seibold is back in Sydney to start his new job.

Anthony Seibold is back in Sydney to start his new job.
New coach Anthony Seibold was asked if he thought the club should wear the jersey again next year.
“That’s not for me to talk to at this point of time. That would create a headline, which would be good for everybody,” he said.
“One thing I do know about any situation that occurs is that education and communication are key. It certainly hasn’t seemed to be a problem in the very short time (I’ve been here) communicating with the group.”
Players have indicated that they would stand down again if the club decided to wear the rainbow jersey, and several of them explained their decision while in England for the World Cup.
“I think it was important that they cleared the air and that we gave them the freedom to do that to express themselves and what they felt,” Mestrov said.
“That’s done and we can now get on with the most important thing and what we’re here for, which is winning football games. Anthony is here now, there’s a clean slate and we’re here to win football games.”

Last edited:
Notice they cut it short when the conversation turned to Hasler at the end. And apparently no more contract triggers. I’m sure that will be music to Des’s ears.

Meanwhile, if they ever remake 2001: A Space Odyssey, Mestrov could get a walk up start as one of the cavemen in the opening sequence.

Now listen, Anthony Seibold

Oh we're steppin' out
I'm gonna turn around,
Oh momma!
Oh you're rocking well!
Hmm yeah you do it so well,
Well we do it so well when we do the Eagle Rock
Now momma,
Yeah you're rockin' fine!
Hmm just give me a sign and we'll do the Eagle Rock.

[Chorus]
Hey Hey Hey, good old Eagle Rock's here to stay,
Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Oh Oh Oh come on fast, you can come on slow
Doin' the Eagle Rock.

Go momma!
Well you're rockin' fine!
Just gotta give me a sign and we'll do the Eagle Rock.
Oh baby!
Well I feel so free!
Hmm what you do to me!
What you do to me when we do the Eagle Rock.

[Chorus]

Now listen,
More we're steppin' out.
Yeah, gonna turn around,

[Chorus]

Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Doin' the Eagle Rock.
Doin' the Eagle Rock.
The only time I sing the classic Eagle Rock, is after a good win at Brookie.

The only time I sing the classic Eagle Rock, is after a good win at Brookie.
I feel your passionate Manly winning feeling feathered friend

No better feeling than a LIVE Manly win at 4 Pines park at Brookie

Nothing like Watching our players make the winning lap of honour as the Manly flags fly high in Victory and the sound of the Eagle Rock echoing all around our sacred ground

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4