Club News 2023

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Looks like the Eels found a few more. Considering it holds 30k, poor crowd.

View attachment 23421
Interesting that Brookie drew virtually the same crowd as the mega-ComBank Stadium. Very poor effort by Doesn'tmatta fans, especially as Melbourne is a top team.
Brookie was deemed a sell-out early in the week, stopping walk-ups and other ditherers. I've been going to Brookie for 60 years and it didn't feel over-crowded. You could have squeezed another couple of thousand in.
The question is: how do they decide a "sell-out"? We have 13,000+ members, what if they all turn up? Do they sell 5,000 or 10,000 tickets to the public?
If 17,000 is now capacity at Brookie, how did another 10,000 ever squeeze in during the glory days of the 1970s?

Interesting that Brookie drew virtually the same crowd as the mega-ComBank Stadium. Very poor effort by Doesn'tmatta fans, especially as Melbourne is a top team.
Brookie was deemed a sell-out early in the week, stopping walk-ups and other ditherers. I've been going to Brookie for 60 years and it didn't feel over-crowded. You could have squeezed another couple of thousand in.
The question is: how do they decide a "sell-out"? We have 13,000+ members, what if they all turn up? Do they sell 5,000 or 10,000 tickets to the public?
If 17,000 is now capacity at Brookie, how did another 10,000 ever squeeze in during the glory days of the 1970s?

I think the Thurs night 8.00pm time slot makes a difference ...

Have to wait to see how many we get Thursday week ...

Only 2 stands back in the day and benches rather than individual seats around the perimeter. I went to a few of our games with 22k+ and there was barely enough room to move in GA sections. Standing room only and all walkways were full. I imagine the regulations around fire safety, emergency evacuation and above all insurance have played a massive part in the reduced capacity.

Only 2 stands back in the day and benches rather than individual seats around the perimeter. I went to a few of our games with 22k+ and there was barely enough room to move in GA sections. Standing room only and all walkways were full. I imagine the regulations around fire safety, emergency evacuation and above all insurance have played a massive part in the reduced capacity.
Only one stand ‘back in the day’.

Was there in the later ‘two stand era’ when an official crowd of 27,655 was in attendance. We could have packed thousands more in.;)

1 stand is a lil' bit before my time but remember several occasions when it would get so packed that the idea of getting food, taking a leak (in an actual toilet) or heaven forbid finding an exit was not an option.

We were all a lot skinnier in the 70's

I wonder if the boys played well on the golf course today, or if they were distracted for some reason...
Big Dick Erection GIF by Bokeh Productions

Unless I am mistaken Gordon didn't play anywhere last week and is not playing again this week (Blacktown also has a bye). What is the plan with him and others in our top 30 squad who don't get selected in the 18 NRL players week-in, week-out?
Will they play for Blacktown; or just a few of them?
It's hard to impress when you are not getting a game.

Unless I am mistaken Gordon didn't play anywhere last week and is not playing again this week (Blacktown also has a bye). What is the plan with him and others in our top 30 squad who don't get selected in the 18 NRL players week-in, week-out?
He’s playing flegg this week Who

In case you weren't there, Gordon was doing sprints on the field and a trainer was throwing the ball around with him after the game. I saw this last year at Brookie too with players who'd been sitting on the bench for 75 or 80 minutes.

Of course it's nothing like playing a game but I guess it blows the cobwebs out and keeps them fit...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8