Clive Churchill should have gone to Stephen Crichton

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

##fanboy88

The single moment that decided the grand final was Stephen Crichton intercept try. With 15 mins remaining and scores tied at 8 all, If Cody Walker the pass connects to an unmark Alex Johnson he scores and souths win the grand final.

It was not surprising when they announced the winner of Clive Churchill to be Nathan Cleary, they couldn't possible give to any one else especially a winger.

I thought Cleary was a clear winner. The MOM doesn't always have to come down to a dramatic play. Cleary won because his kicking game was like death by a thousand cuts.

We saw what the bunnies could do when they had good field position. The reason they lost is because Cleary kept them down the other end and constantly put pressure on them. He effectively took away South's greatest weapon - their left side attack in the opposition 20.

He may well be a media darling but he deserved the award in my book.

Tyrone May should have got worst on field
Very poor, his drop ball on the third tackle 10 metres out was atrocious. Also Dylan Edwards’ drop in a similar position a few minutes earlier - cleary could get them extra sets of six, but those two bone heads buggered their attack time and time again. They were lucky Reynolds didn’t kick the goal. Could have easily been a loss.

I thought Cleary was a clear winner. The MOM doesn't always have to come down to a dramatic play. Cleary won because his kicking game was like death by a thousand cuts.

We saw what the bunnies could do when they had good field position. The reason they lost is because Cleary kept them down the other end and constantly put pressure on them. He effectively took away South's greatest weapon - their left side attack in the opposition 20.

Agree

Dont forget ,Cleary was playing with one arm, one leg, so come on, lets be fair here ok. The only thing missing was the red eye...:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

He did play well, forced line drop outs, kicks coming down and either isolated wingers or on the try line were very good.

He is a media darling because he is the best halfback in the game by a long way. Without him they dont win like us without turbo he is their main man. Kicking game was excellent again! Nsw have a 10 year dynasty coming up if blind Fredrick doesn't **** it up

I can’t stand Nathan Cleary but c’mon guys...his kicking game was the single most defining factor in their victory. The entire game rested on his ability to continually put the ball deep into Souths territory so his forwards could apply constant defensive pressure and win the yardage battle all night. He earned 5 repeat sets from pin point kicks that took gas out of Souths pack, making it even harder for the Rabbits to get any punch up the middle and speed around the ruck.

It was one of the finest kicking performances I’ve seen in all my years watching rl. Streaks ahead of anything anyone (outside of maybe Reynolds) could execute. On the biggest stage in the biggest moments, he landed pinpoint kicks. I actually think Daly should watch what he did and work on kicking long more effectively. DCE tries to find grass from inside our own half with these torpedo yardage kicks that land 30m out. Cleary doesn’t worry about finding grass, he just kicks it as high and long as he can, it lands 2-3m from opposition line and they start the set 10m as opposed to 40m at Manly.

Yeo was solid without being a standout.

Koroisau was really good and probably next best on field with Luai.

I know we all hate Cleary and I understand why; that chin is infuriating...but credit where credit is due...

Last edited:
I can’t stand Nathan Cleary but c’mon guys...his kicking game was the single most defining factor in their victory. The entire game rested on his ability to continually put the ball deep into Souths territory so his forwards could apply constant defensive pressure and win the yardage battle all night. He earned 5 repeat sets from pin point kicks that took gas out of Souths pack, making it even harder for the Rabbits to get any punch up the middle and speed around the ruck.

It was one of the finest kicking performances I’ve seen in all my years watching rl. Streaks ahead of anything anyone (outside of maybe Reynolds) could execute. On the biggest stage in the biggest moments, he landed pinpoint kicks. I actually think Daly should watch what he did and work on kicking long more effectively. DCE tries to find grass from inside our own half with these torpedo yardage kicks that land 30m out. Cleary doesn’t worry about finding grass, he just kicks it as high and long as he can, it lands 2-3m from opposition line and they start the set 10m as opposed to 40m at Manly.

Yeo was solid without being a standout.

Koroisau was really good and probably next best on field with Luai.

I know we all hate Cleary and I understand why; that chin is infuriating...but credit where credit is due...
Agree but I also think his kicking game was massively helped by their kick chase and they were man handling the poor young Bunnies fullback so their sets were always starting on the back foot.
To'o was enormous, especially in the first half and is probably my man of the match.
Api was awesome in defence.
Kikau was good in defence also and pressured their kickers All day.
Yeo was solid and in everything as usual.
Crichton was great also.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8