Cliffy still got it

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That was great. Those passes from Cliffy, just WOW!
OMG Cliff Lyons well and truly the difference if only we could find another like him,
He is one of the most under rated 5/8s they all talk about Lewis, Kenny etc but no one can throw a pass or conjure a gap like Cliffy outstanding !!!!!!

Cliffy still plays some Masters footy and carves up into his 50’s....he does things they don’t teach in the footy text book and that’s why he is at times unstoppable....the best players to this day are the unpredictable who play what’s in front of them, rather than a robotic process with the occasional block play.

Thanks for posting this @kombi66. Reminded me of the glory days when he was carving them up for us. Sometimes I used to feel that even Cliffy didn't know what he was going to do until he did it. Every pass, every movement was gold. He was and is an absolute legend of the game.

Mate cliffy was instinctive and his foresight way ahead of players around him and even himself at times!
The mule hosking was at the legends game and he was saying cliffy and himself use to light up a cig or two before the game.
Miss the characters we once had.

Cliffy is by far the most enjoyable player I have ever had the pleasure of watching play RL.
The guy was an absolute freak with the ball in hand, a maestro, and had the ability to simply bamboozle defences until the end.
That said, he had to have guys running holes/lines for him, so coaching and selection played a big part of Cliffys and our success. The way he was used late in his career was a masterstroke too.
I'm sure a guy like the retired Paul Shaw concurred.

Cliffy is my all-time favourite player in my favourite era .

That was great to watch again! His passing is still so top shelf and would certainly put a few first graders to...well if not shame then heading out the back to practise a bit more.

Didn't Menzies (and Manly) benefit from Cliffy's ability.

My all time no1 player to watch.

He was god reincarnated in the paddle pop lions body.
Incomparable :inlove:
rlw%201987%20(76).jpeg

Cliffy had the ball on a string and made every player look like a puppet.
Mediocre is not Manly . Manly is Magnificent and so was Cliffy !!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8