Classic Joey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Loobs

Living in the demountable.
Sounds like someone has forgotten what an off their heads mess they were during their playing days. Bit of pot - kettle - black...

Corey Harawira-Naera, Jayden Okunbor: Johns' message for players - 'Don't be knobheads'

Andrew Johns won't be surprised if sacked Bulldogs Corey Harawira-Naera and Jayden Okunbor find their way back into the NRL, though he thinks the former is the more likely of the two.

The pair had their contracts terminated after it was revealed they broke team rules by bringing schoolgirls back to their Port Macquarie hotel on a pre-season trip.

After immediately being stood down, the NRL announced earlier this week that Harawira-Naera, 24, and Okunbor, 23, would have their contracts deregistered.

MORE: NRL's plan to get the season started ahead of time

Speaking to Wide World of Sports, Immortal Johns said he thinks Okunbor, who had snapchats to the young woman he met on a school visit revealed, may not return to the NRL.

"I don't know the whole story. Harawira-Naera, I think he'll be back. Okunbor it's a different case, whatever he did, he got the young girl from school," Johns said.

"Okunbor I think, maybe - I don't know, but Harawira-Naera will be back."

The Newcastle great praised the club for the way they'd handled the situation.

"They're (Bulldogs) the ones who get punished. I don't know the ins and outs of what happens to the salary cap and that sort of thing but as I said, Harawira-Naera within a year or two will pop up somewhere else.

"He gets punished, but also the Bulldogs get punished.

"I've got to say, the Bulldogs in all of this should be applauded with the way this was handled.

"You can see the way Andrew Hill and Dean Pay have been trying to change some of the culture within the club."

As for how the League and clubs might prevent similar situations happening in the future, Johns said the responsibility lay with the players to remove themselves from social media.

"How much education can you give them?" he asked.

"I will give you some education - get your phones, put them in your bag and don't get them out. Don't look at social media, don't get on social media, it's simple.

"A little bit of old school, don't be knobheads, be smart.

"Go and buy a book, read some books. Watch Netflix, watch some movies or read a book, you might find you actually enjoy it.

"Put your phone away, it's not real life."

I can't stand the stupid twat! What a hypocrite! After his history of off field incidents & his line dancing addiction he should shut the f()ck up! How he ever can be called an Immortal is beyond me. He can't even string a sentence together & mostly talks bull$hit about his beloved Knights! Sorry but give me Matty any day...........at least he has a brain! Rugby League Legend my ar$e. If only I could tell you how I really feel....... :rofl:

Yeah, it's great, isn't it, how all these rugby league legends forget what they got up when they were young? And odd, considering it was all publicly documented. Johns, in particular, should have had "KNOBHEAD" tattooed across his forehead.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6