City vs Country - Dubbo is going off!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
The tickets to the Grandstand sold out in 3-4 hours of hitting the deck last week and I'm hearing that 10,000 general admission tickets are already sold in the space of a week. Quite likely within a week or two (and a month before the game) the ground will be a sell-out with thousands of dissapointed punters.

Methinks this town would be a very attractive and lucrative option for a trial in the pre-season next year.

no matter how you dress it though, its still dubbo and still a **** hole

and no matter how you dress yourself up your'e still an elitist yuppie wanker :)

yeah, one who may just be playing for the crowd!

I barely even put bait on that one

The tickets to the Grandstand sold out in 3-4 hours of hitting the deck last week and I'm hearing that 10,000 general admission tickets are already sold in the space of a week. Quite likely within a week or two (and a month before the game) the ground will be a sell-out with thousands of dissapointed punters.

Methinks this town would be a very attractive and lucrative option for a trial in the pre-season next year.

Two questions mata- what is the capacity of the ground and is William Kennedy still running around in the local competition?

Bubba Kennedy was playing in Group 10 PJ, thats Bathurst Orang, Lithgow.

Dubbo is in Group 11, with Narromine Parkes etc.

and he retired only recently, maybe last season even.

And Dan, someones got to stick up for the hayseeds out past the mountains;)

Nah Bubba Kennedy is now playing for either the Manildra Rhinos or the Wellington Cowboys. Whichever, he ran in three tries in the opening round last weekend and overwhelmed the poor 19 year old "future star" put out there to mark him.

Apex Oval holds 16-18,000. The Grandstand is brand spanking new. Great facilities in terms of dressing sheds, media centre and conference room and a few corpo boxes. Much better than those dungeones they call dressing sheds in Bathurst with the cold showers and snow on the field.

PJ, did you want a ticket? I have three spare but I'm about to offer them to some mates and they will go quickly.

Last time is was in DUBBO ,the only thing going off there were the howler monkeys at the zoo.It was about 45 degrees though !!

I am meant to be out there the weekend before the city country match. At least i think that is the weekend.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2