City v Country LIVE updated via Mata

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Its all over All MANLY players are OK.

Mata wants to know if any one heard any PRINCESS calls being belted out over the TV.

Preston dropped King two times and the commentator even mentioned how quickly he dropped.

I missed the first half hour but JK did some work in his second stint before going off injured.

Gould was right about Orford but the way he promotes his favourites just gets to me!!!!

Orford doesn't seem to adjust well to having new players around him, he was terrible for us for the first few weeks as well. Unfortunately I think that fact rules him out of rep games. It's a shame for a bloke who has so much talent.
Kingy really turned the clock back to 2005 tonight.
Kite in origin for sure.
Well done Hicksy, this is as far as he'll get but would do the job at any level.

king made a lot of tackles early, didnt hit it up too often, but neither did any of the city team really. Funnily enough kites first run was met by king and kings first run kite.

king didnt spend very long on the park - i think murray planned on having him play till the end total match time was 25 - 30 minutes

i thought it was an ok game but you see better games most weeks

Good news is we shouldnt lose orford for SOO.

I thought hicks was good, no mistakes and made some good metres when given the opportunity

Kite and gallen played a lot of minutes tonight

Kite played himself into a blues jumper imo.

Gallen could be a bolter for the blues as well, he is continuing his great form from 2005. I would not be upset if he makes the side.

King was absolutely useless. What a ****house performance.

Kite on the other hand is almost guranteed selection somewhere in the NSW team, was the standout prop by far.

King's injury may pave the way for Bryant to start, I am clapping my hands together with this news. As mentioned both Cuthbo and Rose are likely to get a gig now, we'll have to hope their youthful exeburerance and their hunger to impress will pay off now.

Although he didn't play for us I've got to serve some slop Clinton's way. Both he and King combined failed to make 100m. For two starting props that is appalling. Every forward on the city bench bar Wing made more metres than these two did. Kingy did no harm to his chances, they were **** anyway, but these two made it as difficult for Orford as they could manage.

Tell us how you really feel Ice!!!!

Hard to judge on a short time on the bench though Preston (who has defensive issues) didn't have any trouble putting King on the deck.

Princess had a chance to take the crown, everyone should be gunning it when a rep opportunity comes their way. His performance was a let down though and follows what was a below par performance against the Tigers last week.

[quote author=Ice Fusion]
Tell us how you really feel Ice!!!!

Hard to judge on a short time on the bench though Preston (who has defensive issues) didn't have any trouble putting King on the deck.
[/quote]

Ice is spot on. King was worst on field and most of the crowd on the hill were laughing at him.

So who was the nut that selected him? Must have been reading the newspapers talking up Manly's strength in the forwards. The reality is that King has improved and is still way below rep grade atm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4