Chris Hicks Retires

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Funny we take their talented Juniors and they take our players when they have passed their used by date

Not a bad deal for us!

Fonz, really?  Hicks was a very good club player and a very nice bloke, but he's past his best.  I don't really want to see him running around in the blue and yellow jumper but if he gets a motza, then that's OK.  Hopefully he'll run around in France for a retirement payout.

With Timana Tahu expected to officially quit the club, Parramatta are negotiating with former NRL winger Chris Hicks as they look to add depth to the Eels backline.

Hicks is back in Australia after three seasons with Super League club Warrington.

This year he became the first Australian to score three tries in an English Challenge Cup final, when Warrington beat Leeds 30-6 at Wembley.

Hicks, 33, whose spot at Warrington has been taken by Joel Monaghan, has spoken to Parramatta about a one-year contract for next season that would grant his wish for a final season in the NRL.

Recruiting Hicks, who has played 262 games for Penrith, Manly and Warrington, would give Parramatta depth in their outside backs.

Hicks, who played in Manly's 2007 grand final loss to Melbourne, is also considering a season with Catalans in Super League or a year of Shute Shield rugby with the Warringah Rats.

Parramatta believe they can sign Hicks, who is reliable, experienced and a goalkicker, for a reasonable price.

One source close to Parramatta said: "We are definitely talking to Chris."

Tahu and Parramatta are expected to formally split within 24 hours.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4