Chris Bailey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Matabele

Journey Man
I think what perturbs me about this fellow is he looks like Daniel Gartner and has the same attributes.  But his heart could fit into Gartner's little finger.

With Rodney injured this clown has his last chance to convince Manly fans he is nothing but a waste of space.  If he is rubbish over the next 2-4 weeks, surely it's time to ring Bradford?

ring !!! Christ his mother would not answer the phone , he could go on who wants to be a millionaire and have no phone  a friends ..

after reading Susan's report on Seu Seu, I'd be happy to give him another go over Dud Bailey, Dud has just got too many crucial errors in him week in/week out...and he usually only gets five minutes anyway?

wombatgc link said:
after reading Susan's report on Seu Seu, I'd be happy to give him another go over Dud Bailey, Dud has just got too many crucial errors in him week in/week out...and he usually only gets five minutes anyway?
This would be a much better utility option for the team. **** all chance of happening though. Bailey does fill into the backrow though. Could Seu Seu fit into the forwards?

When Bailey came on to replace Rodney I thought, "Well, at least he's playing in his best position. Maybe he'll make a go of it." And he did - kind of. I thought his defence was OK (some of his hits were great) and he looks way more comfortable in the pack than in the halves or the centres. But his mistakes were absolute shockers.
Maybe he'll do a bit better over the coming weeks. It looks like he's going to be there, so we better hope so . . .

The guy is a round peg in a square hole. He simply does nto fit into Manly and I am not saying he will not be a good NRL player (one day), I am saying he will not be a good NRL player with us.

Agree Bozo,he isnt the player we need,but he might do good elsewhere,he should follow his prick brother to england,he'd carve there

And Matt Cross can go at the end of the year to Bradford as well.  he adds nothing to the team other than at least one dropped ball a game. 

tookey link said:
And Matt Cross can go at the end of the year to Bradford as well.  he adds nothing to the team other than at least one dropped ball a game. 

Because depth isn't important. Not a superstar - get out.

I really want to see Bailey do well, for our sake as well as his. But I just can't see him kicking on at Manly. Have to agree with Fulton in that he'll be a solid NRL player, just not with us.

If we can find another team willing to pick up his contract then great, ship him off. If not, he'll just add to our depth for next year before getting cut.

Matabele link said:
surely it's time to ring Bradford?
Prob not gonna happen. Wolfpack is right too. Cross isn't a superstar but a fairly decent bench warmer. For salary cap reasons we're probably not gonna pay $300.000 for a bench warmer.

Being a bit harsh on Cross, he hasn't had any game time for about 4 weeks, I am sure he would have been better had he just been pulled from Qld Cup in to the team.

MissKate link said:
Being a bit harsh on Cross, he hasn't had any game time for about 4 weeks, I am sure he would have been better had he just been pulled from Qld Cup in to the team.

He hasn't had any game time recently because Des doesn't rate him enough to be in firsts.

Just out of curiosity, what would it take for the manly fans to become 'believers' in CB? What would he have to do to win back your faith?

Take a couple of intercepts and score? Kick a winning field goal? Make 200 mtrs carrying the ball forward?

His reputation with fans is so badly damaged, he needs to perform miracles to turn it around and that ain't ever going to happen for poor old Christopher.

WAMF link said:
Just out of curiosity, what would it take for the manly fans to become 'believers' in CB? What would he have to do to win back your faith?

Take a couple of intercepts and score? Kick a winning field goal? Make 200 mtrs carrying the ball forward?

His reputation with fans is so badly damaged, he needs to perform miracles to turn it around and that ain't ever going to happen for poor old Christopher.

If he is playing in the backrow, then all I want him to do is make a ton of tackles and cart the ball forward. Stop fart assing about and thinking you are still a 5/8

WAMF link said:

No dropped balls or missed tackles would be a start. 

If he is playing in the backrow, then all I want him to do is make a ton of tackles and cart the ball forward. Stop fart assing about and thinking you are still a 5/8

Thats exactly what i want to say to Brent Kite! (insert front row in place of back row)

WAMF link said:

how about 30 tackles, 15 hitups, 100 metres, maybe a try assist or 2 and few offloads

Not asking for any miracles from him. Just hit the ball up hard, tackle his ass off and dont make any howler mistakes. Dont try anything fancy you are there now to be a tradesman backrower.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6