Chris Bailey

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
A kicking game LOL

I thought he played well tonight, but at the end of the day he's just a healthy body to come on late in games.

He defends well.

Utility value for Des I guess, he can fill a lot of gaps should anyone go down mid match, his defence is reasonably solid, he kicks the ball well, but for a guy that was bought as a 5/8 he offers nothing in attack, if everyone was fit I couldn't see him in the 17.

Utility value is the big issue. He is a solid defender and can fill in at either back row or in the backs. Not spectacular but plays a similar role to Willo in his days.

Maybe Willo passed him the photos of Des with the goat!!! :)

Last night was a clear demonstration of the utility value he offers. If everyones fit he misses the 17, if not he provides very solid backup. I wish people would drop off this topic.

He comes off the bench unexpectedly into the halves, fills that role well enough for us to look like not missing a beat, and there are still topics saying he offers nothing !!

I know I was applauding last night when he was rolling grubbers into the in goal to get a repeat set, something we haven't been doing enough to seal games

1st topic I see on here today is the standard Bailey one, will have to go and find the Farrar, T Rex and King are crap topics now haha

I was at the game and u do tend to miss a bit at the ground but I did not notice Foran was missing till I got home.  I figure he must have gone ok if thats was the case.  As said if all players are fit probably not in the 17 but adds good utility value. 

Garts I agree.I was there and didn't notice until I got a message telling me. I did notice bailey doing a lot more in first reciever however and it all clicked once I got the message.

Can't find a reason to complain about anyone last night

He's to us what Kurt Gidley is to the Australian team.

Great utility value but shouldn't be in our top 17 when all are fit.

he is the 14 playing in 17 number, can fill ANY position on the park, maybe not with the class level of the other players but few can do what he does. His defence is solid, and knows how to grind out a win. If i was des and i had to pick a bench he would be the first choice pick with 2 Young Halves and injury proned Centre.

Goldie link said:
[quote author=BErKeLEy_eAgLe link=topic=183262.msg262811#msg262811 date=1274095701]
send him back to the knights
After tonight's effort - I 2nd that motion!
[/quote]

even the knights wouldn't take him

He may of set up the 1st try but he let in at least 2 with bad defence and dropped the ball when we needed to hold onto it

What does he offer? He offers a convenient target to fans who are keen to find something to whinge about. I predict he will shine more & more as the season wears on & by finals time I doubt too many will be questioning his place in our squad. 

SeaEagleRock8 link said:
What does he offer? He offers a convenient target to fans who are keen to find something to whinge about. I predict he will shine more & more as the season wears on & by finals time I doubt too many will be questioning his place in our squad. 

ser8  sorry mate but he had last year also, how many years does he need?? .. last sat was his 1st try assist in god knows how long..  & he is suppose to be a ball playing half.. we bought him as a 5/8 all this utility crap was put on him because he wasnt an effective 5/8..  he has had the most game time out of all the others waiting for an opportunity & still cant perform  adequately.. maybe in a team like the raiders or warriors he might be good but with all the class around him in our side he looks ordinary..

My Orford rants of yesteryear look mild in comparison to the anti-Bailey crap on the site.  I think he goes OK.  I've got no complaints about the side that Des turns out most weekends.  They all seem to be mostly going forward, giving away some penalties, dropping some balls, scoring points and defending OK.  I'm happy with our position on the ladder and going to games knowing that we'll be in the game, and will probably win it.  All good really.   

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7