Choc Starting !!??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

PEPSI

Bencher
heard on the radio that Choc will be playing/starting tommorrow.

The team looks far far stronger with him and Beaver in the back row with Willow locking the scrum.

Look for 45 tackles from willow this weekend!

if he starts bonus

if he doesnt we will have to make do. If we cant beat this canberra side with our backline we have wasted our money

If Choc plays I would rather Glenn Stewart start over Willo. His defence is just as solid but he adds more in attack.

Have Willo on the bench until Afamasaga finds his feet, then we can have him on the bench instead. Hopefully he will provide the impact we need.

Agreed garts. I like willio and wouldn't give a flying if he started but he's better to come off the bench and tackle when legs are getting weary.

Also, I think Stewart will make the step up to 1sts this year. I've always thought he is a good player, a lot like Watmough, he just needs more time to settle into first grade.

Garts - I kind of disagree mate. Stewart has the ability to offload etc, whereas Willow doesn't. It may be at the back end of games that we need to riegn scores back in, and Willow doesn't help here whatsoever. I'd still actually prefer:-

13. Afamsanga
17. Stewart

Without Willow at all.....both players defend as well as Willow, but offer more in attack.

Ryan I think we both agree as I said Stewarts defence is just as good as Willows but Stewarts attack is better. ie can offload etc and create more opportunities for others. Thats why I want him in the side over Willow.

Fair enough....I think the sticking point is that you believe his services are more important at the start of the game...wheras I find his services would be more valuable at the back end of games...
Willow could then tackle his guts out for say 50 minutes - then Stewart could come on and tear the game apart - ALA the comeback win against Penrith at Brooky in 2006.

Well I would prefer Stewart/Afamasaga over Willow anyway. At the moment I would have Willow till Afamasaga gets some match fitness up and lives up to some of the promise of his early years.

I see what you are saying about Willo tackling his heart out at the start then bringing on Stewy, probably the better option this weekend if Choc starts.

[quote author=Crusher Cleal]
At least our bench will be more rounded now

But George has lost a few kegs over the off-season, so the bench is probably going to look less rounded. ;)
[/quote]

hahaha i thought of George the minute i read that post too LOL

Garts - I kind of disagree mate. Stewart has the ability to offload etc, whereas Willow doesn't. It may be at the back end of games that we need to riegn scores back in, and Willow doesn't help here whatsoever. I'd still actually prefer:-

13. Afamsanga
17. Stewart

Without Willow at all.....both players defend as well as Willow, but offer more in attack.

last week you couldnt find a place for him in first grade or PL now you have stewart as your main impact weapon off the bench :?: :?:

[quote author=Ryan]

13. Afamsanga
17. Stewart

last week you couldnt find a place for him in first grade or PL now you have stewart as your main impact weapon off the bench :?: :?:
[/quote]

As upposed to?

Exactly !

[quote author=Fluffy]
[quote author=Ryan]

13. Afamsanga
17. Stewart

[/quote]

As upposed to?

Exactly !
[/quote]

what drugs are you on?

The question of wether to start Willo of G Stewart is a good one

Ryan you say Stewart is better to come on late for a late surge, but wouldn't it be better to start strong so we are not behind to begin with??

Maybe use Willo from minute 30-60 where teams often leak easy points (just before and after the break). and start and end strong with G Stewart

Just a thought

Ok Fluffy - we have Choc (1st grade), and Menzies (1st grade)....so as much as people toss up ideas about "potential" players playing 13, Willow is the best...the others aren't better.....

So when you say last week you couldn't find a place in your 1st team, and now you have Stewart as your impact weapon off the bench", I repeat, we are comparing Willow and Stewart....not Willow and Creagh for example.

Therefore my simple friend, one would assume as lax as Willow is, Stewart would be the biggest impact player we have right now, hence I believe he may be better positioned to play at the end of games, where he can utilise his offload etc...and that's better than any OTHER premier league player we have that are being asked to lift into being a 1st grade player.

The question of wether to start Willo of G Stewart is a good one

Ryan you say Stewart is better to come on late for a late surge, but wouldn't it be better to start strong so we are not behind to begin with??

Maybe use Willo from minute 30-60 where teams often leak easy points (just before and after the break). and start and end strong with G Stewart

Just a thought

Against a tiring defence - our # 17 gun will fare a lot better than a run on - fired up side. Again, that's just my opinion. It's not like Stewart is LOD for goodness sakes.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4