Chips

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ads

Bencher
What happened to chips over the top?

The other team was bolting up in the defence line. There had to be space for a few well place chips.

But this was less frustrating than last week. We weren't hamstrung by the ref. We just played badly and St George played great.

From the perspective of ground level on the dead ball line, it did look as though saints were offside the whole game. Obviously you can't tell from that view by the angle but when our blokes were getting belted two metres ahead of the play the ball all game, it does look sus. They aint that fast. No excuses for the second half but they were getting away with it too much. We weren't hamstrung but were certainly not treated with equality.
One penalty in the first half against the most undiciplined side in the league, I ask you.

Ox did put in a chip over the top early on.probably in the first 10 mins. was a bit of a banana meant for Snake ala the tigers try earkier in the year. he also did a similar one early in the 2nd half.

but both didnt come off and STG just simply looked to have everything covered well no matter what we tried.

It pains to say but i think Brown has to take the credit for an extremely thorough job in homework & game plan.

Ill bet Dessie will be pondering just what does he have to do to jump up a gear in his efforts.

I was wondering if the game plan was to play them in our quarter for the whole match. Yes I thought they were a yard forward all night but we didn't have the smarts to counter it. A long kicking game was just not there. I can't figure why not as it's the measure the dragqueens have used to beat us twice, no three times this year. Barrett was given oodles of space and time. They moved up quickly in defense where we just stood and waited. Without Stewart it would have been fifty. Stephenson surprised me with a solid effort.

No one's fault last night... St George were just too good

I agree that the Dragons were too good.
I also gree though St George were offside all night especially out wide. When Orford went long we were easy pickings. We were offside at times too but our line speed was not as fast - we tend to hang a little to ensure the tackle is made.

Not having Bell hurt as he is the sort of player, light on his feet that can do something about overcommitted defenders.

Ox did put in a chip over the top early on.probably in the first 10 mins. was a bit of a banana meant for Snake ala the tigers try earkier in the year. he also did a similar one early in the 2nd half.

but both didnt come off and STG just simply looked to have everything covered well no matter what we tried.

It pains to say but i think Brown has to take the credit for an extremely thorough job in homework & game plan.

Ill bet Dessie will be pondering just what does he have to do to jump up a gear in his efforts.

They were both the tricky bannana kick and both reasonably deep. I meant a nice little chip 5-10 m behind the rushing line. A proper chip and chase.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]

They were both the tricky bannana kick and both reasonably deep. I meant a nice little chip 5-10 m behind the rushing line. A proper chip and chase.
[/quote]

Yep, also a grubber through the line and chase. None of those your quite right.

chips.....the show got cancelled years ago!

In the end it was our poor long kicking game that decided the show. We just didn't get the deep territory consistently and their power game had us pinned in our own 20 for much of the game. It was the same against Newcastle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4