• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Masked Eagle

Bencher
I put this in a new thread because I thought the sentiment would have gotten drowned out in about 5 seconds but I think people need to relax just a little bit. I'm disappointed in the result, losing always sucks but the doom and gloom has gone a little bit overboard in terms of our season done and dusted. This club has a history of bouncing back so I'm not sure why there is so little faith in our premiership chances?

We weren't good tonight, we were outmatched in the enthusiasm stakes. You don't bring the attitude then skill and talent plays little part in the result. If you think we won't bring a better attitude next week then I suggest do yourself a favour and don't bother watching. I will be and I'm expecting a big turn around because we've seen it so many times before. In fact I'll be shocked if it doesn't happen.

We will bounce back. Eels played their grand final tonight I honestly think that is the best they can possibly play. Wad it the best we can play? Not by a long shot. Dunamis will be back and replace symmonds who will take hasson off the bench. Hasson was dreadful tonight and is wasting space on the bench in my oppinion. I expect a huge bounce back next week but if we have enough in the tank to go the distance this year? I guess we will find out but I surely hope we smarten up

Attitude guys. All attitude. Focus on the RIGHT things. Some players need to ficus there energy in very different directions

Lui and Gift back however we will lose king and Lawerence I reckon

Brett Stewart needs to chill a bit too.
He played well, but that yelling at the Ref over Lyon's shoulder is unsettling for the rest of the team. He's experienced enough now to know to be cool.

I agree. I think we've really missed Dunamis Lui. Hasson looked so good in patches last year you thought he would take his opportunities and make a name for himself this season but he just hasn't looked like doing it.

Good thread. I'm a bit speechless tonight after the loss. First half we seemed very professional to survive so many attacking raids, and to be 12-0 up. At half time I was thinking we are certainly looking the goods.

I'm a bit uncertain as to what happened, but I wont be slitting my wrists. The eels were full of energy and enthusiasm in that second half, especially around the 60minute mark.

The Eels 2nd half tonight was a great display, and they could be a darkhorse to really shake up the comp, so let's not get upset about a loss. Well no more than I did shouting at the tv!

The fact the eels had more to play for compounded by a short turn around in which we had to travel to the Gold Coast similar to the short turn around we had against Souths backing up from the Warriors away, we simply ran out of petrol after a great first half and the life or death extra energy was kept for another time i.e. the finals, Parra had to dig deep to find it. We will still get the minor premiership as I believe Souths still have a lose in them. So CHILLAX ppl stop acting like you don't know the team you support! ?

All about who wants it more !!

They did , we didn't .

Next week will tell, lose that. , we are gone !!

It's that simple

How the **** does the nrl schedule 2 home games for us between rounds 19 to 26.That's what's part of the other problem it's an absolute disgrace.

I'm going to go with Masked Eagle here...

First of all, congrats to Parramatta. They played massive and hustled and bustled Manly out of it. Well done and I don't mind this rag tag bunch of players tbh. Good on em.

But finals are not played at Parra stadium, a notoriously hard place to win at, and Manly get a good rest of 9 days to forget the loss and turn this around.

A simple thing happened in this game:
At the start of the second half Manly came out with absolutely no intensity and dropped it big time during the half and wow did they drop off. I don't think they ever came out of it. At the same time Parramatta gained a lot of rhythm and confidence in a short amount of time. Then soon after Many gifted them 3 or 4 consecutive dropped balls that gave them oodles of possession. Can happen to any team any time if they drop intensity - the structure drops off, the forwards get dominated. Happened to every team in 2014 multiple times.

So I think forward with a positive frame of mind but I will say a few changes need to be made:
(1) Tom Symonds back to the bench - he plays too slow and is not aggressive enough. Needs to be an impact player off the bench at most. I'm just not a fan.
(2) Need Kingy available he brings great aggression in short bursts, and Lui will help too.
(3) Horo back in the starting lineup please.
(4) The team needs a physical rest and then get back to the killer mentality and intensity we saw just a few weeks ago and they'll be right. It's just a mini slump mentally and the roosters had it at exactly the same time last year - watch the games.

NYEagle

bob dylan said:
I thought our effort was great.

Defence fell apart for 15 minutes against some quality attack.

Onwards and upwards as far as I am concerned.

The effort was good, the execution was poor. Way too many dropped balls and missed tackles.

All credit to the Eels though, they out enthused us big time in the second half.

Now we'll definitely be flying under the radar.....though it won't stop the media trying to pick us apart after this.

Good thread. We let Parra and their fans back into the game and as all teams will they'll lift and take advantage....Second half......Let Sandow & Hayne run....Terrible kick by foran right to biggest fastest man on field when snake had just taken 2 hittups left? Replacement front rowers King & Hasson fowl play and mistakes in own 20.

Get up, dust off, bring on Brooky!

Couple of unlucky things, the kick to Radrada and Sandow being half a step over the 40m line for his 40-20.

We looked good first half then went to sleep and got the dropsies in the second 40. We are struggling at the moment to dominate the middle 3rd. We won't win many finals games playing like that, but hopefully we'll paly to our potential when it counts.

Evo said:
Good thread. We let Parra and their fans back into the game and as all teams will they'll lift and take advantage....Second half......Let Sandow & Hayne run....Terrible kick by foran right to biggest fastest man on field when snake had just taken 2 hittups left? Replacement front rowers King & Hasson fowl play and mistakes in own 20.

Get up, dust off, bring on Brooky!

Good point on Sandow. We made him look like a millionaire tonight. Next to no pressure on him and our line was backpedaling way too much.

I know people are down on our pack and no doubt it can be a weak point if we don't play well, but we've seen the same guys take it to the Rabbits and Roosters when they are totally focused so I'm not giving up on them just yet.

Chip and Chase said:
Couple of unlucky things, the kick to Radrada and Sandow being half a step over the 40m line for his 40-20.

We looked good first half then went to sleep and got the dropsies in the second 40. We are struggling at the moment to dominate the middle 3rd. We won't win many finals games playing like that, but hopefully we'll paly to our potential when it counts.

Sorry Chip & Chase. That was a 40/20. He was actually a step over the 30m line not the 40.

As Tooves said in the presser....53% completion rate in the second half. You're not going to compete giving any team that much ball.

37 missed tackles from all reports and 33 of those after half time.

I don't think the Panfers would be happy we lost tonight. They know the boys will be fired up for Sunday.

Move on. It's done.

We definitely clocked off at half time anticipating a walk in the park. It's all attitude, so I don't really get the concern. We are a great team that is just not playing to its potential at the moment, but heaven help the opposition if start to.

simon64 said:
As Tooves said in the presser....53% completion rate in the second half. You're not going to compete giving any team that much ball.

37 missed tackles from all reports and 33 of those after half time.

I don't think the Panfers would be happy we lost tonight. They know the boys will be fired up for Sunday.

Move on. It's done.

We'll said Simon. I like your posts you are intelligent and make sense.

Snake said:
We definitely clocked off at half time anticipating a walk in the park. It's all attitude, so I don't really get the concern. We are a great team that is just not playing to its potential at the moment, but heaven help the opposition if start to.

Manly had these dips last year. It's doesn't mean much.
It comes down to intensity and attitude. Although Watmough dropped some ball he really tried to lift the team god bless him, but the others bar a few just weren't that interested after half time.
It happens.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4